OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LATown wrote:
C M B wrote:
allyoop wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
I think Lin should be one of the few players brought back from this current team(along with Ellington and Davis) next season but strictly as the backup PG.

He has shown that with the right players around him he can be successful and very effective.

Surrounding him with shooters like Ellington, Young, and Kelly would be ideal and space the floor allowing him to run the pick and roll with Davis who he has shown great chemistry with.

I agree but in the Ginobili minutes role. That would make him a core player coming off the bench that finishes games.

With Manu nearing the end of his career, it actually makes sense for him to play for San Antonio. Jeremy can play the same role as Manu. Parker would still be the starting point guard and that team emphasizes team ball.

Every team emphasizes "team ball". "Team ball", also known as what every team in the league plays, only gets you so far. Championships are won by talent, not rosters filled with guys who tickle each other's bollocks and send each other inspirational "you can do it!" texts every night. This team lacks sufficient talent to compete in any objective way.

Furthermore, the fantasies of how Jeremy would thrive on a "team-ball" team are terribly embarrassing. He lacks the talent to get the minutes you'd like to see him get, even on this talent-forsaken team. You should stop torturing yourself with daydreams of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan hoisting Jeremy atop their shoulders drenched in confetti and champagne. It won't happen. It's not because he's been oppressed...not by his coach, not by Kobe--a team player who lead his team to a triple championship and a double championship.

Jeremy Lin simply isn't that good. Oh and happy new year.

i agree with you, that is why lakers sucks after shaq left!

All they did was win 2 more titles, and reached the Finals 3 times in a row....
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I get why certain long time fans get frustrated with Jeremy Lin supporters... I wouldn't want an online community which I spent years supporting suddenly infiltrated by biased or ignorant fans that couldn't care less about the team I loved, posting solely for the benefit of one player.

However, I also think that it is important to cut some slack to a fan base that suffers from a form of prejudice that automatically assumes they are physically inferior in the same way that other groups might be wrongly assumed to be mentally inferior. Even though the far eastern countries regularly excel in the Olympics... for some reason it is hard for the average American fan to imagine an Asian athlete succeeding at basketball or American football. Until Ichiro broke the barrier for baseball position players, it was thought that the Japanese were incapable of playing at the major league level... that they played in inferior conditions that made it impossible to place them on a par with American players.

I get that size is an important component in both football and basketball.
However, in certain regions of China and Korea... it is fairly common to find people over six feet... so considering the fact that Asian gymnasts excel in skills such as leaping and hand eye coordination... it is inevitable that over time and as the international appeal of basketball grows that Asia like Europe before them, will eventually produce some decent basketball players.

So far Lin looks to me like he will become a decent sixth man. It's ironic because he's often praised for his intelligence but for someone like myself that grew up worshiping Magic Johnson, I find that Lin's mental errors are what is most unforgivable about his play. He does make some spectacular passes but then he drives out of control or throws the ball away and he doesn't have the FG percentage to justify his turnover ratio like the formerly great Steve Nash.

I guess all I'm saying is for people to judge Lin with the same measure they'd use to analyze a player with similar stats such as Nick Young. When I'm reading message boards or on Twitter, I rarely hear people questioning whether Nick Young belongs in the league even though he's already past his prime and has a worse shooting percentage than Lin.
With Lin I mostly see misguided hero worship or veiled racist digs.

He didn't deserve that contract, but he deserves a chance to play... hopefully he'll be signed for a more reasonable amount and get a chance to prove that next year.
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:

lin's been taking care of the ball in recent games.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:

Yes, 0 TOs in 2 games, only 2 TOs in 4 games!

Last edited by fafan on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

+18 lol
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject:

can't wait to see more clarkson and lin on the floor at the same time.
TheSmoket
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

5 games, 0 TOs against portland.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

TheSmoket wrote:
fafan wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

Great!!!
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I get why certain long time fans get frustrated with Jeremy Lin supporters... I wouldn't want an online community which I spent years supporting suddenly infiltrated by biased or ignorant fans that couldn't care less about the team I loved, posting solely for the benefit of one player.

However, I also think that it is important to cut some slack to a fan base that suffers from a form of prejudice that automatically assumes they are physically inferior in the same way that other groups might be wrongly assumed to be mentally inferior. Even though the far eastern countries regularly excel in the Olympics... for some reason it is hard for the average American fan to imagine an Asian athlete succeeding at basketball or American football. Until Ichiro broke the barrier for baseball position players, it was thought that the Japanese were incapable of playing at the major league level... that they played in inferior conditions that made it impossible to place them on a par with American players.

However, in certain regions of China and Korea... it is fairly common to find people over six feet... so considering the fact that Asian gymnasts excel in skills such as leaping and hand eye coordination... it is inevitable that over time and as the international appeal of basketball grows that Asia like Europe before them, will eventually produce some decent basketball players.

So far Lin looks to me like he will become a decent sixth man. It's ironic because he's often praised for his intelligence but for someone like myself that grew up worshiping Magic Johnson, I find that Lin's mental errors are what is most unforgivable about his play. He does make some spectacular passes but then he drives out of control or throws the ball away and he doesn't have the FG percentage to justify his turnover ratio like the formerly great Steve Nash.

I guess all I'm saying is for people to judge Lin with the same measure they'd use to analyze a player with similar stats such as Nick Young. When I'm reading message boards or on Twitter, I rarely hear people questioning whether Nick Young belongs in the league even though he's already past his prime and has a worse shooting percentage than Lin.

He didn't deserve that contract, but he deserves a chance to play... hopefully he'll be signed for a more reasonable amount and get a chance to prove that next year.

Curious why you brought up size as an issue. Lin is 6'3", 200+lbs, giving him size advantage over a lot of PGs in the league...
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Lin's changed something after ASB. He's now playing a smarter game, letting it come to him. He doesn't dribble into traffic much. He makes far fewer risky passes, he seems to have a plan when he's out there. His TOs are way down he gambles less on defense, everything seems sharper. Maybe he just was mentally tired.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Lin's changed something after ASB. He's now playing a smarter game, letting it come to him. He doesn't dribble into traffic much. He makes far fewer risky passes, he seems to have a plan when he's out there. His TOs are way down he gambles less on defense, everything seems sharper. Maybe he just was mentally tired.

Maybe he has been working with Nash too?
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
bws94 wrote:

Maybe he has been working with Nash too?

Maybe working with head of snake.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
I predict Lin will have a better game tonight. Maybe 15-5.

14-6, so close!
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:

Or maybe the team is playing with better spacing?
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

The change of the big men combo for Lin:

Lin - Hill Boozer

Lin - Sacre Boozer

Lin - ED Boozer

AFTER THE ASB:

Lin - ED Hill

I still love you Boozer I promise...

Last edited by Lorenzomax on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

philnyc wrote:
bws94 wrote:

see my post above...
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
TheSmoket wrote:
fafan wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

Great!!!

It's not like he was playing well against Portland.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

He deserved that contract. He made next to nothing for the Knicks and made them a ton of money. If he starts at PG then 8 mil for a non-RC contract is on the lower end of the scale. People whine about how much he makes this season and conveniently forgets that he only made 5M last two season. And he is a much better all around player than Nick young.

Lin doesn't need to shoot a high percentage. He just needs to be aggressive and get to the line. He shot 4-10 and scored14 points. That's 1.4 pps. If he signs for a reasonable amount and then proves it then he'd be underpaid.

Lin is one of those players who isn't on the upper scale of his position but he is good enough that you can invest in other areas first. That's why all the talk of Rondo and drafting PG s is funny since the biggest issue is the hole in the middle of the defense and offense I.e. a legitimate big defender and post player.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

He deserved that contract. He made next to nothing for the Knicks and made them a ton of money. If he starts at PG then 8 mil for a non-RC contract is on the lower end of the scale. People whine about how much he makes this season and conveniently forgets that he only made 5M last two season. And he is a much better all around player than Nick young.

Lin doesn't need to shoot a high percentage. He just needs to be aggressive and get to the line. He shot 4-10 and scored14 points. That's 1.4 pps. If he signs for a reasonable amount and then proves it then he'd be underpaid.

Lin is one of those players who isn't on the upper scale of his position but he is good enough that you can invest in other areas first. That's why all the talk of Rondo and drafting PG s is funny since the biggest issue is the hole in the middle of the defense and offense I.e. a legitimate big defender and post player.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:

philnyc wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Curious why you brought up size as an issue. Lin is 6'3", 200+lbs, giving him size advantage over a lot of PGs in the league...

I'm aware he's a decent size... I was addressing the incorrect perception that the general public has about Asian athletes in general.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
The change of the big men combo for Lin:

Lin - Hill Boozer

Lin - Sacre Boozer

Lin - ED Boozer

AFTER THE ASB:

Lin - ED Hill

I still love you Boozer I promise...

Lin is a team player... Linsanity needs the right players to surround him... unfortunately Boozer might not one of them...
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

philnyc wrote:
bws94 wrote:

Or maybe it's February?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

In terms of money and what he brings to the franchise in ancillary revenue... jersey sales, foreign tv contracts, season tickets... I'm sure he more than made up for the contract. However, I feel it made him an easy target, and as a fan... I just wished he had a couple more solid seasons under his belt before he got saddled with the weight of an all star's salary.

I don't want Rondo... nor do I even want Westbrook on our team... Both are extremely talented but neither seem like great team players to rebuild a franchise around. I also agree with you that we have bigger holes at center or small forward that I would address first, especially now that Clarkson seems to be quickly developing. However, as much as I want Lin to succeed... at this point I can only see him as our sixth man unless he has a long run of 15pt/8 ast games to prove otherwise.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
philnyc wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm aware he's a decent size... I was addressing the incorrect perception that the general public has about Asian athletes in general.

Word! Moreover, I also don't like all those incorrect perceptions that many Asians are good in math, score well on their SATs, are very knowledgeable in all things IT related, become doctors, engineers, etc.

Oh wait.... I think I'm gonna have to take that back.....
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

The race card? Again? Kill me.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 381 of 503
Jump to: