+++ Lakers vs Warriors ++++ Pre-Season Game #2 10/9/14 7:30PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Seriously Kobe sucks at guarding Barnes.

Why was he bodying up on him? Give Barnes and his shaky shot space.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
I'm going to be honest this team looked a lot better when Kobe and Nash were with the first unit. Kobe and Lin was too much iso kobe posting up offense which limited ball movement. And our 2nd unit got affected by Lin not being there to be the pg. The 2nd unit looked lost out there today. Ronnie price is not a good backup pg.

This is what you use the preseason for. Trying out different lineups and see which pieces fit.

I already mentioned that I didn't say that this was the lakers final product. I was just giving my analysis.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Defense is clearly still a work in progress.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 7m7 minutes ago

Clarkson said he’ll “know more tomorrow” but thinks it’s more of a precaution and is walking OK. Said he isn’t concerned right now.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Quote:

Clarkson said he’ll “know more tomorrow” but thinks it’s more of a precaution and is walking OK. Said he isn’t concerned right now.

Thank god.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Quote:

Thank god.

Glad to hear.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else still getting this?

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster -at- forums.lakersground.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Jason Kapono. Good memories

he hasn't aged well....and i'm not talking about his game. he mashed some box back at UCLA.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
I'm going to be honest this team looked a lot better when Kobe and Nash were with the first unit. Kobe and Lin was too much iso kobe posting up offense which limited ball movement. And our 2nd unit got affected by Lin not being there to be the pg. The 2nd unit looked lost out there today. Ronnie price is not a good backup pg.

they looked pretty good for not having practiced together (please see my numerous critiques on why bscott wasn't mixing up players in practice--specifically getting JLin some run time with the first unit). i agree the 2nd unit sucked ballz but it's really a coin toss as to which PG should be in there with the 2nd unit. i think the best lineup moving forward would be JLin with the first unit and nash with the second simply because i think with enough time together and at their peaks, the combination of kobe and jeremy gives the lakers the best chance of winning. but even still you need one of the two guys on the floor at all times. on nights when nash can't play.....ugh. it's gonna suck.
back2backlakers2010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Jeremy's post game interview.

3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
why isn't randle trying to get post position on green?

he is not a post up player. he is more used to facing up because that was his game in high school.

This is so not true. Randle was nothing but a post-up player in college, and was pretty damn good at it.

I think Cal just forced him to be a post up player for Kentucky. Even in the NCAA finals, Randle did not post up. He roamed the perimeter.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Defense is clearly still a work in progress.

It sure is still a long ways to go.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster ( a t ) forums.lakersground.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

about half the time i try to get in the lounge..
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:

Quote:
Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster [ at ] forums.lakersground.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

about half the time i try to get in the lounge..

I hate it so damn annoying.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
why isn't randle trying to get post position on green?

he is not a post up player. he is more used to facing up because that was his game in high school.

This is so not true. Randle was nothing but a post-up player in college, and was pretty damn good at it.

I think Cal just forced him to be a post up player for Kentucky. Even in the NCAA finals, Randle did not post up. He roamed the perimeter.

he's both. It seems like he gets better looks when he attacks off the dribble because he can get his defender out of position, and also square up once he's picked his dribble up in the paint. Also, it seems like he's prefers naturally to finish in the paint with flip shots, and not conventional over the shoulder hook shots. Posting up would lead to a lot of over the shoulder hook shots. His tape at every level suggests that he prefers flip shots in the paint squared to the basket, as opposed to over the shoulder hook shots. That's what he shoots naturally. It's rare for a PF, it's why i always say that he has amazing touch around the basket. Despite lacking a little length, he still finishes well around the basket even through contact, because of his touch with these flip shots.
The shot is a mix between a hook and a floater.
sammo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject:

i wonder if there was any way for the lakers to get both jeremy lin and asik. asik would've addressed the center position...

i see warriors as contender for wcf, so i expected this tbh.

having nash and young as ammunition would provide more firepower that may give us the extra points.
waldzell
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject:

sammo wrote:
i wonder if there was any way for the lakers to get both jeremy lin and asik. asik would've addressed the center position...

having nash and young as ammunition would provide more firepower that may give us the extra points.

they're both free agents next season. those two would be good complementary players to any championship team!
lemondrop
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

sammo wrote:

I like Asik however his hands, his stone/butterfinger hands can give you fits at times.
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

Defense was horrendous last night. Lin did well the first half, but resorted to his old self the second half.

No one else played good defense at all. Can't believe Kobe let Thompson go off like that.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

back2backlakers2010 wrote:
Jeremy's post game interview.

Thanks.
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:
Defense was horrendous last night. Lin did well the first half, but resorted to his old self the second half.

No one else played good defense at all. Can't believe Kobe let Thompson go off like that.

But Lin said he actually worked out better with Kobe on the 2nd half...
wfbql
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

This is what you use the preseason for. Trying out different lineups and see which pieces fit.

I already mentioned that I didn't say that this was the lakers final product. I was just giving my analysis.

One issue could be that if Nash starts, he will sit out some games and it ends up no one lead the 2nd unit (Lin moves to the 1st unit). Will it be possible Lin starts and Nash plays highly managed minutes but not sits out for any games?
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:

What are you talking about...did you even watch the game?

Wesley and Clarkson defended Thompson literally all night. The ONLY bucket that you can even argue he scored on Kobe was the first one and that's highly debatable.

Here are Klay's buckets...watch it:

But okay buddy..Lin played "good defense" and "no one else" did...says the guy who joined because of Lin and has a Lin quote in his signature. Not like Lin got lit up, fouled Curry multiple times, once to create a 4 point play, etc. Keep making (bleep) up.

Last edited by Spill512 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
What'sLinsanity?
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject:

wfbql wrote:

One issue could be that if Nash starts, he will sit out some games and it ends up no one lead the 2nd unit (Lin moves to the 1st unit). Will it be possible Lin starts and Nash plays highly managed minutes but not sits out for any games?

Lin should start, and Nash should be the floor general for the inexperienced 2nd unit. That way, Nash can play limited minutes and conserve his body, and Lin, who has higher upside, can play defense, etc. can mesh better with the starters because he'll play more minutes than Nash anyway.
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

What are you talking about...did you even watch the game?

Wesley and Clarkson defended Thompson literally all night. The ONLY bucket that you can even argue he scored on Kobe was the first one and that's highly debatable.

Here are Klay's buckets...watch it:

But okay buddy..Lin played "good defense" and "no one else" did...says the guy who joined because of Lin and has a Lin quote in his signature. Not like Lin got lit up, fouled Curry multiple times, once to create a 4 point play, etc. Keep making (bleep) up.

Calm down... He did say that Lin did a poor job in the second half.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27
Jump to: