More Adrian Peterson woes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Adrian Peterson's arrest requested

LINK

I've not witnessed such self destruction since the demise of Eldrick Tont Woods.
Quote:

According to the filing signed by Bill Delmore, the Assistant District Attorney for the state of Texas, Peterson admitted to the worker that he had "smoked a little weed" before the test. Not taking any illegal drugs are common terms to adhere to when out on bond

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to get on a soapbox here, but I think it's evident someone lacks self-awareness.

Admits to beating his kids proudly, then tells them he does drugs during the test!

Too many blows to the head.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:

I don't want to get on a soapbox here, but I think it's evident someone lacks self-awareness.

Admits to beating his kids proudly, then tells them he does drugs during the test!

I'm curious. Does this surprise you? Were you as in the dark about AP as I was?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

Well I don't think we know much about most athletes, however I have a hard time believing most people would have the responses he has had.

He told the tester, he was on drugs, during a drug test...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

Well I don't think we know much about most athletes, however I have a hard time believing most people would have the responses he has had.

He told the tester, he was on drugs, during a drug test...

True, but do the revelations about him surprise you? Did you think he was that kind of person?

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11808596/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-talks-plea-deal

Quote:
Adrian Peterson in talks for plea deal

Adam Schefter discusses the report that Vikings RB Adrian Peterson and his representatives have been in talks to reach a plea agreement in his child-abuse case in Texas and what this mean for his future with the team.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and his representatives have been in talks to reach a plea agreement in his child-abuse case in Texas that could be done as early as Tuesday, sources close to the situation tell ESPN.

If Peterson were able to reach a plea agreement, then the immediate question would become when he would be allowed to return to work. For this there is no concrete answer, as the case is unprecedented.

Adrian Peterson is facing a felony count of reckless or negligent injury to a child stemming from a whipping incident that left bruises and wounds on much of his 4-year-old son.
To date, the NFL has shown no willingness to allow Peterson to be removed from the commissioner's exempt list and to return to work. But if and when Peterson reaches a plea deal, the conversation and the focus on this situation is going to heat up dramatically.

In addition to a potential plea deal, what will be at issue Tuesday is the bond revocation prosecutors have called for in light of Peterson's admission that he smoked marijuana before his initial court appearance in September.

Peterson is facing a felony count of reckless or negligent injury to a child stemming from a whipping incident that left bruises and wounds on much of his 4-year-old son.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

Adrian Peterson Avoids Jail With Plea Deal In Child Abuse Case

LINK

Adrian won't be going to jail. I hope he's learned, feels, gives thought too, how he was raised is not always the best way.

He's been getting his salary. A salary he sorely needs to pay support for his seven children.

Minnesota now has to make a decision on his playing future. If they release him I'm pretty sure some team will pick him up.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

LINK

AP suspended without pay for rest of season; will be considered for reinstatement after April 15, 2015; NFLPA to appeal.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson speaks, says he'll 'never use a switch again'

LINK

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Wire coat hangers are much better.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Be careful ExPat. There's a sensitivity level in place about AP's disciplining tactics. The other thread about this was locked.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Be careful ExPat. There's a sensitivity level in place about AP's disciplining tactics. The other thread about this was locked.

The wire hangers quip was why the Joan Crawford thread got locked too.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Just let the man play already sheesh.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

No worries I'm a Sensitive New Age Guy
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ght-retirement

Quote:
"I've considered retiring from the NFL," Peterson said. "I still made $8 million dollars this year. I've thought about getting back into the real estate (business in Texas) I'm already in. That's something I've been interested in, something I'm involved in. I've thought about getting back into that. I've thought about going after the Olympics -- you only live once. It might be time for me to pursue that, as well. I love playing football, don't get me wrong, but this situation is deeper than that. For me, it's like, 'Why should I continue to be a part of an organization or a business that handles players the way they do? Making money off the field anyway, why not continue to pursue that (Olympic) dream and pursue other dreams and hang up the cleats?'"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

I don't like what AD did. He should be punished. However, when is enough, enough?

He picked a most inopportune time to violate the NFL conduct rules. Goodell is under the gun by his own doing, handling of Rice. He has to be hard on AD.

Peterson's only 29, young enough to make a comeback if he stays in shape during his hiatus. Running backs NFL lives are shorter than other positions because of the wear and tear running the ball takes on the body. AD is near the end of a running backs peak years.

I don't know if he's really learned his lesson. Smoking marijuana while on suspension was not a wise move.

I think he'll be back with some team next season. It will be limited to around half the season because of the date he can be reinstated, I think somewhere in April.

I hope he's able to play again.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:

Season doesn't start until Sept.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Season doesn't start until Sept.

I worded my post wrong, par for the jodeke course.

I meant if he played I think he'd first have to serve a six game suspension, in essence half of the season.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Union takes NFL to court over Adrian Peterson

LINK

Reading and listening to these reports makes me wonder if the NFL has the right to suspend a player because he improperly disciplined his child. IMM it opens a can of worms wide spread.

I don't think my job has any business interfering with my family business. I think child abuse and other family matters should be in the courts jurisdiction.

In Adrian's case it falls into the NFL conduct policy. In which case a 6 game suspension should have been levied.

Goodell's not handling abuse cases well. His job's probably not in jeopardy because he works for the owners and he's making them a lot of money.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Judge rules in Peterson's favor

LINK

I believe Peterson will be a Cowboy next season.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Judge rules in Peterson's favor

LINK

I believe Peterson be a Cowboy next season.

Good move for them
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I thought Marshawn Lynch is the best running back.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Will be interesting to see what happens next personally I think the Vikings are better off without him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/16/nfl-reinstates-adrian-peterson/

Quote:
NFL reinstates Adrian Peterson
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been reinstated after his suspension for abusing his son.

Peterson, who played in only one game last year after he was indicted for beating his 4-year-old son with a switch, is back in the NFL as of tomorrow. That will make him free to return to the Vikings — or to some other team, if the Vikings trade him.

“Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings was advised today that effective tomorrow he is reinstated as an active NFL player and may participate in all scheduled activities with the Vikings,” the NFL said in a statement.

“In a letter from Commissioner Roger Goodell, Peterson was informed that he is expected to fulfill his remaining obligations to the authorities in Minnesota and Texas, as well as the additional commitments Peterson made during his April 7 meeting with the commissioner regarding maintaining an ongoing program of counseling and treatment as recommended by medical advisors.

“Beyond the requirement to comply with his court obligations and plan of counseling, Peterson was reminded that his continuing participation in the NFL depends on his avoidance of any further conduct that violates the Personal Conduct Policy or other NFL policies. Any further violation of the Personal Conduct Policy by Peterson would result in additional discipline, which could include suspension without pay or banishment from the NFL.

“Peterson was suspended without pay last November 18 for the remainder of the 2014 NFL season for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy in an incident of abusive discipline that he inflicted on his four-year-old son last May. Peterson pled no contest on November 4 in state court in Montgomery County, Texas to reckless assault of the child.”

It remains unclear whether Peterson will return to the Vikings, as he has indicated that he would like a fresh start elsewhere. But the NFL has now made clear that Peterson is welcome to return to the league.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see him back in the saddle. Most of what I've read tells me he felt betrayed by the Vikings and doesn't want to play there. It's going to be interesting how the organization handles his contract. They have him locked up.

Jerry Jones is lurking. He's intimated he'd like to have Adrian in his backfield. He has deep pockets and will spend to win.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Glad to see him back in the saddle. Most of what I've read tells me he felt betrayed by the Vikings and doesn't want to play there. It's going to be interesting how the organization handles his contract. They have him locked up.

Jerry Jones is lurking. He's intimated he'd like to have Adrian in his backfield. He has deep pockets and will spend to win.

They did let Murray go. I think the worst-kept secret in the NFL is that Jones will go after AP.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: