Aaron Hernandez Guilty of First Degree Murder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Aaron Hernandez Guilty of First Degree Murder

I know there was an Aaron Hernandez thread at one point, but it is buried and since the search function here in minimally helpful I started a new thread - so shoot me - (barump-ump, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress)

They got him for First Degree Murder. I knew he'd get convicted of some charge, but I didn't think he'd get first degree since there was nor overwhelming evidence to say that he for sure was the shooter. That's not to say I don't think the verdict was well deserved. It was.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/aaron-hernandez-guilty_n_7070180.html
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Hernandez Guilty of First Degree Murder

DaMuleRules wrote:
I know there was an Aaron Hernandez thread at one point, but it is buried and since the search function here in minimally helpful I started a new thread - so shoot me - (barump-ump, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress)

They got him for First Degree Murder. I knew he'd get convicted of some charge, but I didn't think he'd get first degree since there was nor overwhelming evidence to say that he for sure was the shooter. That's not to say I don't think the verdict was well deserved. It was.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/aaron-hernandez-guilty_n_7070180.html

The evidence that he planned and helped execute the plot, and that he was there is enough in the state of Mass to convict on a 1st degree murder charge. The prosecution easily proved those.

Heard the testimony of the mother of the victim. It was absolutely heart-wrenching. Made me want to cry. Made me think of my brother who was murdered execution style when he was 18 and I was 11.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Didn't Jayson Williams get like 5 years? Not saying Hernandez didn't deserve it (especially if he killed other people), but it's a weird world.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Didn't Jayson Williams get like 5 years? Not saying Hernandez didn't deserve it (especially if he killed other people), but it's a weird world.

Jayson Williams was an idiot with a gun and too much ETOH on board. Aaron Hernandez, conspired, planned and then carried out an execution. Big difference.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Jayson Williams was an idiot with a gun and too much ETOH on board. Aaron Hernandez, conspired, planned and then carried out an execution. Big difference.

Yup. Not sure how anyone could even compare the two.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

The difference is intent. Jayson Williams was a jackass who killed a man because of his recklessness with guns. Aaron Hernandez planned this, and there is debate whether he was the shooter in other incidents as well. I believe he has an indictment against him in a double homicide as well.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

For those that have been still following this, what was his motive?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:

He was pissed that the guy was talking to people Hernandez didn't know.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Lol wow
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

DaMuleRules wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

killed a guy just for that? wonder how he was gonna react on a road rage, guess we never gonna find out
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I saw the video of the verdict. Literally no reaction from him.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Might have been more DMR. He's also on trial for a double murder in 2012.

The prosecution's theory for motive was that Lloyd Odin might have known too much and Hernandez was growing increasingly paranoid.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/28/justice/aaron-hernadez-double-homicde-arraignment/

Guy was also a person of interest in a shooting when he was a Gator.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-05-16/aaron-hernandez-double-murder-indictment-person-of-interest-gainesville-florida-shootings-odin-lloyd-patriots

Urban Meyer probably went into overdrive to sweep this one under the rug.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

Caps off a pretty meteoric fall from grace. Some people never realise how lucky they are in life, he had what so many would dream of, now it's all gone because he killed his friend over a disagreement.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

The difference is intent. Jayson Williams was a jackass who killed a man because of his recklessness with guns.

Jayson had a MTV Cribs episode that they never replayed after his murder. On the episode, he had the camera crew go outside to look at his shotguns and shooting range and he had a shotgun that he was yanking on and off of his shoulder with his finger in the trigger ring. He was as casual with a shotgun as he would've been with a BB rifle. From the description of the murder, that's sort of what took place. He was messing with the guy like he was gonna shoot him and he flipped the gun or otherwise made a sudden movement with his finger on the trigger and it went off. There were other stupid stories told by various athletes that visited his home. Dwayne Schintzius told the story about him killing his own Rottweiler with a shotgun because Dwayne was able to pick it up off the porch without it biting him. He said he was stunned at what Jayson did. Wayne Chrebet and Jason Seahorn were at his home and Seahorn said that Chrebet bent over to pick something up and Jayson shot a 50 caliber bullet within feet over his head. Seahorn actually (smartly) went inside after that and Jayson laughed at it. The guy was an effin loon. Him killing someone was bound to happen and he frankly deserved more than he got because of that fact. He went thru some sh where he grew up and wasn't a stranger to violence. At St. John's he went at a fan with a folding chair. He got arrested with Barkley as a rookie for a bar fight where he hit a patron on the skull with a beer mug. One of his first stupid decisions as a pro was shooting a gun in a stadium parking lot. He was congenial, well-spoken, and handsome and cut a nice figure in public (he was on NBC's pregame show), but he had that alternate side like Hernandez does.

Beyond that, he was the athlete with the nicest estate I've ever seen, bar none. Only Jordan's might have rivaled Jayson's, and I've only seen an aerial of Mike's estate (more like a private city). Jayson had every toy you could imagine including a big rig a la Malone. Jersey didn't look so bad all of a sudden if his dollar stretched as far as it appeared to. He had a corner of the state all to his own, it was a mindnumbing place.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Caps off a pretty meteoric fall from grace. Some people never realise how lucky they are in life, he had what so many would dream of, now it's all gone because he killed his friend over a disagreement.

Everything he said ^ and just a very, very sad day for all involved ...
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Moses wrote:

I really don't understand why he still seemed so intent on living some foolish street dream lifestyle. When you sign a pro-ball deal for 40m, you don't need this gangster (bleep) anymore, you made it out, you got something to lose now, something to protect, something that's gonna set your family up for generations to come.

It's crazy how someone can throw away all that money, the chance to play pro football, the chance to watch his family grow and live their lives, all over some foolishness, WHY?

Even crazier, that's your friend you did it to, your boy! Friends argue, they disagree, but that's your family at the end of the day, and you're gonna shoot them over some nonsense?

Makes me sad that the victim's mama was in court, and the tragic sadness of it all is that she lost no matter what the verdict was. Even with the guilty verdict, this woman lost her son from this, I just hope she can find a small measure of peace now this is over.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

The difference is intent. Jayson Williams was a jackass who killed a man because of his recklessness with guns.

Jayson had a MTV Cribs episode that they never replayed after his murder. On the episode, he had the camera crew go outside to look at his shotguns and shooting range and he had a shotgun that he was yanking on and off of his shoulder with his finger in the trigger ring. He was as casual with a shotgun as he would've been with a BB rifle. From the description of the murder, that's sort of what took place. He was messing with the guy like he was gonna shoot him and he flipped the gun or otherwise made a sudden movement with his finger on the trigger and it went off. There were other stupid stories told by various athletes that visited his home. Dwayne Schintzius told the story about him killing his own Rottweiler with a shotgun because Dwayne was able to pick it up off the porch without it biting him. He said he was stunned at what Jayson did. Wayne Chrebet and Jason Seahorn were at his home and Seahorn said that Chrebet bent over to pick something up and Jayson shot a 50 caliber bullet within feet over his head. Seahorn actually (smartly) went inside after that and Jayson laughed at it. The guy was an effin loon. Him killing someone was bound to happen and he frankly deserved more than he got because of that fact. He went thru some sh where he grew up and wasn't a stranger to violence. At St. John's he went at a fan with a folding chair. He got arrested with Barkley as a rookie for a bar fight where he hit a patron on the skull with a beer mug. One of his first stupid decisions as a pro was shooting a gun in a stadium parking lot. He was congenial, well-spoken, and handsome and cut a nice figure in public (he was on NBC's pregame show), but he had that alternate side like Hernandez does.

Beyond that, he was the athlete with the nicest estate I've ever seen, bar none. Only Jordan's might have rivaled Jayson's, and I've only seen an aerial of Mike's estate (more like a private city). Jayson had every toy you could imagine including a big rig a la Malone. Jersey didn't look so bad all of a sudden if his dollar stretched as far as it appeared to. He had a corner of the state all to his own, it was a mindnumbing place.

I saw that episode of MTV cribs at the time....I remembering watching it and saw how careless he was with handling a gun and just shooting away on his property with not a care in the world. He was his own worst enemy.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

killed a guy just for that? wonder how he was gonna react on a road rage, guess we never gonna find out

Pretty much the type of person he was. I actually bumped into a Patsies fan who actually defended him after the verdict was revealed.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
I saw the video of the verdict. Literally no reaction from him.

Dude is a straight up sociopath.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
the association wrote:
Moses wrote:

I really don't understand why he still seemed so intent on living some foolish street dream lifestyle. When you sign a pro-ball deal for 40m, you don't need this gangster (bleep) anymore, you made it out, you got something to lose now, something to protect, something that's gonna set your family up for generations to come.

It's crazy how someone can throw away all that money, the chance to play pro football, the chance to watch his family grow and live their lives, all over some foolishness, WHY?

Even crazier, that's your friend you did it to, your boy! Friends argue, they disagree, but that's your family at the end of the day, and you're gonna shoot them over some nonsense?

Makes me sad that the victim's mama was in court, and the tragic sadness of it all is that she lost no matter what the verdict was. Even with the guilty verdict, this woman lost her son from this, I just hope she can find a small measure of peace now this is over.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
the association wrote:
Moses wrote:

He won't be the first nor the last pro athlete to throw away their fame and money for a lengthy prison sentence...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

AHern was a great guy to go clubbing with 90% of the time.

The other 10% of the time he shoots people, including his buddies. No thanks, I think I will pick up my own tab Aaron!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Might have been more DMR. He's also on trial for a double murder in 2012.

The prosecution's theory for motive was that Lloyd Odin might have known too much and Hernandez was growing increasingly paranoid.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/28/justice/aaron-hernadez-double-homicde-arraignment/

Guy was also a person of interest in a shooting when he was a Gator.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-05-16/aaron-hernandez-double-murder-indictment-person-of-interest-gainesville-florida-shootings-odin-lloyd-patriots

Urban Meyer probably went into overdrive to sweep this one under the rug.

What's interesting is that none of these events were allowed to be introduced as evidence, which made the case that much more difficult for the prosecution as they had no motive and no murder weapon. I believe that the judge knew that an appeal by a powerful legal team was inevitable and thus she did her best to reduce the strength of any possible appeal by acquiescing to defense demands and objections over the admissibility of evidence.

As an aside, Hernandez is currently incarcerated at MCI Cedar Junction (aka Walpole) which is a maximum security prison. It is only a few minutes away from Gillette Stadium.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

How did Jayson Williams get so much money? I don't recall him as being a star.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

How did Jayson Williams get so much money? I don't recall him as being a star.

Dude was a BEAST! Until Starbury broke his leg.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: