Xavier Henry (10/28 Update: X is Active for Tonight's Game - pg 3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject:

X is so money at home. he literally played like a superstar in a few games in LA. on the road he's awful though.

Like him very much but afraid he's too reckless going to the hoop and his body cant take it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
X has a ton of talent but it doesn't do much good when he can't stay on the floor.

Does he? I can't think of even 2 good things he's good at. Getting to the basket and .... riding the pine? I dunno.

I know athletic dunkers get free passes more than a lot of other players, but, what exactly does X have that you think I can't just get from any other ball player at his position?

Scoring with some defense.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

X is legit. We need him back asap
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
X is legit. We need him back asap

Why? What would happen if he didn't come back?

Absolutely nothing. Let's not overstate his skills because he wears a Laker uniform.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject:

alright ringfinger we know you don't like him. Your point has been made sheesh. Contribute something else to the thread.

I think X can help us in the absense of swaggy mainly because he has more size than all of a our backup "3s" at the moment
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

We need X. Another shot creator and he has a broad frame to defend SFs. Need as many healthy bodies as possible. This season is going to be a marathon grind.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We need X. Another shot creator and he has a broad frame to defend SFs. Need as many healthy bodies as possible. This season is going to be a marathon grind.

heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
deal wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
X has a ton of talent but it doesn't do much good when he can't stay on the floor.

Does he? I can't think of even 2 good things he's good at. Getting to the basket and .... riding the pine? I dunno.

I know athletic dunkers get free passes more than a lot of other players, but, what exactly does X have that you think I can't just get from any other ball player at his position?

2 things; good slasher, good 3 point shooter; probably around .350 give or take..

I did not say great, you asked two things he's "good" at...lol

He's a good slasher sure but he doesn't finish well. His FG% on shots close to the rim is among the worst on the team.

And I don't agree about him being a good 3 pt shooter. He's a career 32.5% shooter from there.

Just curious, does anyone know if there has ever been a "good" 3pt shooter by reputation that shoots below 70% from the FT line?

Not sure if you are serious? If so Bruce Bowen comes to mind. (39.3 and 57.5) I few others I guess as well. However, believe it or not in 2001-2002 season Lakers had a guard by the name of Lindsey Hunter who shot 38% from 3 that year and 50% from the free throw line. I know he only shot 40 free throws that year but that is bad.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

heineken wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
deal wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

2 things; good slasher, good 3 point shooter; probably around .350 give or take..

He's a good slasher sure but he doesn't finish well. His FG% on shots close to the rim is among the worst on the team.

And I don't agree about him being a good 3 pt shooter. He's a career 32.5% shooter from there.

Just curious, does anyone know if there has ever been a "good" 3pt shooter by reputation that shoots below 70% from the FT line?

Not sure if you are serious? If so Bruce Bowen comes to mind. (39.3 and 57.5) I few others I guess as well. However, believe it or not in 2001-2002 season Lakers had a guard by the name of Lindsey Hunter who shot 38% from 3 that year and 50% from the free throw line. I know he only shot 40 free throws that year but that is bad.

I was serious. Bruce Bowen is a good example. Lindsey Hunter not so much. That year with the low FTA volume was an anomaly. He's a 75% FT shooter.

I was just curious if there has ever been a player with the reputation of being a "good 3pt shooter" that shot below 70% from the FT line. I think Bowen is a great example. But I'm pretty sure that's it.

In either case, there aren't many of them. And I certainly wouldn't call Xavier a "good 3pt shooter" by any stretch let alone put him in Bruce Bowen category.
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
heineken wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
deal wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I was serious. Bruce Bowen is a good example. Lindsey Hunter not so much. That year with the low FTA volume was an anomaly. He's a 75% FT shooter.

I was just curious if there has ever been a player with the reputation of being a "good 3pt shooter" that shot below 70% from the FT line. I think Bowen is a great example. But I'm pretty sure that's it.

In either case, there aren't many of them. And I certainly wouldn't call Xavier a "good 3pt shooter" by any stretch let alone put him in Bruce Bowen category.

Yep there are a couple. What about Nick Anderson 35.6 and 66.7?
Oh and 74.6 by Hunter as a small guard is pathetic at the line.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Until X develops his off hand a bit AND makes free throws AND develops a go to move.... he won't go very far. He's relying completely on what he already has as opposed to adding stuff to his game. It's cool to emphasize the skills that got you into the league. But to stay there, you need to do more.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
alright ringfinger we know you don't like him. Your point has been made sheesh. Contribute something else to the thread.

I think X can help us in the absense of swaggy mainly because he has more size than all of a our backup "3s" at the moment

Hahaha. I guess I feel like I have to push the pendulum all the way back the other way in order to get us back to the middle (reality).

Not necessarily with you -- but he was described as a "literal superstar" at some point in this thread. Come the front on! Haha.

He's just an expendable role player with a limited skill set. Nothing more, nothing less. And hey, that's ok, we need expendable role players with limited skill sets because they're available for cheap.

I'd just prefer we be honest with ourselves and each other about our players so we can have a meaningful discussion about areas for improvement. That's all.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
22 wrote:

Hahaha. I guess I feel like I have to push the pendulum all the way back the other way in order to get us back to the middle (reality).

Not necessarily with you -- but he was described as a "literal superstar" at some point in this thread. Come the front on! Haha.

He's just an expendable role player with a limited skill set. Nothing more, nothing less. And hey, that's ok, we need expendable role players with limited skill sets because they're available for cheap.

I'd just prefer we be honest with ourselves and each other about our players so we can have a meaningful discussion about areas for improvement. That's all.

Fair enough.

Xavier is a good dude though. I wish him the best, and he has shown flashes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Injury update:

Quote:
Xavier Henry Seeks Second Opinion

Posted: Oct 18, 2014

The following was released today by Xavier Henry’s agents Arn Tellem and Jason Glushon of Wasserman Media Group:

Los Angeles, CA – Xavier Henry will travel to New York City to seek a second opinion from Dr. Keith Pyne following this summer’s knee surgery. Henry will then travel to Dusseldorf, Germany and receive treatment from Dr. Jens Hartmann next week to receive Regenokine treatment. Henry was granted permission from the Lakers to miss practices and be absent from the team in order to make these trips. Henry plans to return to Los Angeles by Friday, October 24 and an update on his condition will be given at that time.

link
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject:

He's going to Germany to get the Kobe treatment. if this is a good or a bad thing I don't know. He's only 22.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like he is done.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

definition of injury prone. why did we even bother resigning him? just look at his history on all 3 teams he's been on.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Sounds like he is done.

DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Injury update:

Quote:

The following was released today by Xavier Henry’s agents Arn Tellem and Jason Glushon of Wasserman Media Group:

Los Angeles, CA – Xavier Henry will travel to New York City to seek a second opinion from Dr. Keith Pyne following this summer’s knee surgery. Henry will then travel to Dusseldorf, Germany and receive treatment from Dr. Jens Hartmann next week to receive Regenokine treatment. Henry was granted permission from the Lakers to miss practices and be absent from the team in order to make these trips. Henry plans to return to Los Angeles by Friday, October 24 and an update on his condition will be given at that time.

link

this is horrible. obviously he's having some complication. if you fly across country for a second opinion it's probably about another operation/procedure on your knee. it ain't for rehab tips. great. we go with... wes.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I feel bad for him, but at least he got some sweet guaranteed money.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Badly need to address the SF situation; unfortunately nothing as far as trade assets that can net us a starting SF.... we really screwed up the SF spot and also the C spot..... Hill is not a C... centers don't shoot from 15-20FT out.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject:

aw this is horrible. his knee isn't healing..
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Injury update:

Quote:

link

Wow, I thought he was returning pretty soon. This doesn't sound that good. I liked how he was able to attack the basket and get inside the paint pretty easily last season. We need all the offense we can get at this point. I wish him well.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

The curse continues.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
The curse continues.

It's the Gary Vitti curse. This reminds me of the Karl Malone injury that cost us the chip.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: