Clippers use the Lights Out theme too now?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Clippers use the Lights Out theme too now?

i caught the preseason game between GS and Clippers couple days ago and noticed they've adapted Lakers' Lights Out theme too at the Staples. wonder what everyone think about that?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

I thought something looked strange when I watched the beginning of that game and google'd it now after you mentioned it. Came across this: http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/10/08/clippers-follow-lakers-path-staples-center-lighting-change/.

Looks like they're going the same path as us. I do think the LED lighting may eventually provide them some additional effects and capabilities that traditional lighting prevents from occurring. Curious to see how it evolves over the next few years.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Get your own style Clips.

Bye.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) ing losers. It looks so bootleg too, just like their entire franchise is in general. Unoriginal douchebags.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Do you know the pressure Clipper fans and organization are feeling right now to win a championship?

This is as good as their roster is going to get.

They never ever even made the WCF. Let alone the Finals or win it all.

They have a long way to go and it won't happen. So let those bandwagon losers enjoy their fools gold.

Lakers fans have seen enough championships last 15 years to hold us down during the retool.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
I thought something looked strange when I watched the beginning of that game and google'd it now after you mentioned it. Came across this: http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/10/08/clippers-follow-lakers-path-staples-center-lighting-change/.

Looks like they're going the same path as us. I do think the LED lighting may eventually provide them some additional effects and capabilities that traditional lighting prevents from occurring. Curious to see how it evolves over the next few years.

The article says the Kings are doing the same thing.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

The thing that stood out to me when I watched a little of that preseason game was Blake Griffin made 4 jumpers in a row including a three-pointer and I don't think I've ever seen him make 4 in a row before. The guy really does work on his game unlike Howard.

I'm really not all that impressed with the rest of the roster though.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
The thing that stood out to me when I watched a little of that preseason game was Blake Griffin made 4 jumpers in a row including a three-pointer and I don't think I've ever seen him make 4 in a row before. The guy really does work on his game unlike Howard.

I'm really not all that impressed with the rest of the roster though.

That's what I noticed about him during his second year(I think it was year two, when CP3 joined him). He acknowledges weaknesses in his game and works on them. His shooting from the field and the line have both improved as has his defense and rebounding. It's why I like he even though he does still flop when doesn't wanna play d. I respect his work ethic.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Good to see players of his caliber work on their game. Bad to see players of his caliber get taught and cheered on to flop around and not play real basketball.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Good to see players of his caliber work on their game. Bad to see players of his caliber get taught and cheered on to flop around and not play real basketball.

Too many big stars are floppers these days. Lebron is the most obvious. I even saw Durant do too much stuff that seemed designed to draw fouls more than anything else. I remember back in the 2010 playoffs when he couldn't score against Artest. It seemed like most of his points against Artest came from the free throw line.
ClipperJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

While I'm not crazy about because I knew Laker fans would think we are trying to copy them, I don't understand the hate.
Brooklyn (aka New Jersey) is doing this, Clippers under new ownership and now Sacramento.
It's a copy cat league, a business move aimed at PR and trying to cleanse if you will, the old brand of ownership.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject:

ClipperJosh wrote:
While I'm not crazy about because I knew Laker fans would think we are trying to copy them, I don't understand the hate.
Brooklyn (aka New Jersey) is doing this, Clippers under new ownership and now Sacramento.
It's a copy cat league, a business move aimed at PR and trying to cleanse if you will, the old brand of ownership.

Of course you "don't understand" you're a Clippers fan.

THEY ARE copying the Lakers. No one has to "think" about it. The Lakers invented it. IF the Clips really want to forge their own identity and not constantly be the 2nd run baby brother, they need to establish their own traditions and go out of their way not to do things the Lakers established eons ago.

Really, they need to leave LA. But if the Clips insist on sharing stadiums with one of the storied franchises in the league then yeah, they're going to get clowned when they copy cat.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Lights out is a metaphor for what the Clippers will end up with in championships with this team.
johnnyhandsome
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

What's the big fuss over this? Seems to me the lighting is offered to every LA team that plays in Staples. They offered it to us too. Plus, it's a new LED lighting system that is different than the traditional system we use now.
Anyway, the lakers aren't the first team to this type of thing. The Knicks and Madison Square Garden were the first ones to do it. lol
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

johnnyhandsome wrote:
What's the big fuss over this? Seems to me the lighting is offered to every LA team that plays in Staples. They offered it to us too. Plus, it's a new LED lighting system that is different than the traditional system we use now.
Anyway, the lakers aren't the first team to this type of thing. The Knicks and Madison Square Garden were the first ones to do it. lol

Oh did they? I stand corrected if so, I first knew about it with the Lakers at the Forum.

And the "big deal" is that I hate the Clippers and they just seem to constantly knockoff the Lakers and then whine about it. LOL
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

May as well. Nothing worth seeing in their rafters.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Lights out is a metaphor for what the Clippers will end up with in championships with this team.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: