Michael Beasly waived by Memphis, headed to China
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Michael Beasly waived by Memphis, headed to China

And some of you questioned why Mitch didn't sign him. People were pissing and moaning about not getting him, he so talented blah, blah , blah. There is something that we don't see that every GM/ coach sees and they don't seem to care about how talented he is. He's not worth the trouble.

So when Mitch makes a decision to not sign a guy, please support him and know that he has inside info that we don't know about!
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Never wanted Beasley clogging up playing time, as little as he may have gotten, that could have gone to someone else. I'm glad we didn't give him a deal.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I was always against getting Beasley this year. Far too much risk for too little reward
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject:

wait, was he waived or did he leave on his own?

Quote:
Michael Beasley has left the Memphis Grizzlies' training camp and signed a one-year deal with the Shanghai Sharks of the China Basketball Association, agent Jared Karnes told Yahoo Sports on Thursday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michael-beasley-signs-one-year-deal-with-shanghai-sharks-185035868.html
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

This thread will soon be waived, and be headed to General forum.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Hard to believe that a 2008 #2 pick is already leaving the NBA for overseas. Not really sure why Miami used their pick on him either.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:

Quote:
Michael Beasley has left the Memphis Grizzlies' training camp and signed a one-year deal with the Shanghai Sharks of the China Basketball Association, agent Jared Karnes told Yahoo Sports on Thursday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michael-beasley-signs-one-year-deal-with-shanghai-sharks-185035868.html

Thats what I wanted to know because the OP has a smirk on his face, i told you so tone. But the article is clear: he left on his own accord, he was not waived.

I was one of them hoping we'd sign him because we weren't going to win the championship so let's get all the talent we can going forth.

It could turn into a trade asset.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Not a Beasley fan, don't care if he goes to China!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael Beasly waived by Memphis, headed to China

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
And some of you questioned why Mitch didn't sign him. People were pissing and moaning about not getting him, he so talented blah, blah , blah. There is something that we don't see that every GM/ coach sees and they don't seem to care about how talented he is. He's not worth the trouble.

So when Mitch makes a decision to not sign a guy, please support him and know that he has inside info that we don't know about!

Your thread title is misleading. He was not waived. He left because he got a guaranteed deal in China.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Quote:

Thats what I wanted to know because the OP has a smirk on his face, i told you so tone. But the article is clear: he left on his own accord, he was not waived.

I was one of them hoping we'd sign him because we weren't going to win the championship so let's get all the talent we can going forth.

First off, there was no"smirk on my face", or "I told you so" tone. I was just stating what the temperature was about 2 weeks ago when people was getting on Mitch for not signing him. Yes he left but to make it official, Memphis is waiving him.

I guess you were one of the "piss and moan" clan so that's why what I said hit a nerve.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:

His career is over, good bye.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael Beasly waived by Memphis, headed to China

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Your thread title is misleading. He was not waived. He left because he got a guaranteed deal in China.

He was a long shot to make the Grizzlies, so he took guaranteed money, even though its a ticket out of the NBA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

The competition in China is terrible, you gotta have a really desperate team like the Knicks to pick you up. He would've had a better chance to return to the NBA had he gone to Europe, but I guess the money is in China now right after the NBA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I was always against getting Beasley this year. Far too much risk for too little reward

Yeah, after watching what the Lakers had to offer, I think our roster will be fine. We have a lot of young impressionable players on the team with a lot of potential.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Quote:

First off, there was no"smirk on my face", or "I told you so" tone. I was just stating what the temperature was about 2 weeks ago when people was getting on Mitch for not signing him. Yes he left but to make it official, Memphis is waiving him.

I guess you were one of the "piss and moan" clan so that's why what I said hit a nerve.

It was your misleading title, and the tone you struck based on the misleading title, that struck a nerve.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

like the time he didnt sign gerald green?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Mitch did sign him. The coach at the time is the one who cut him.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Quote:

This was a I told you so post and you was wrong he left on his own. You basically lied because you didn't read anything about him being waived.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Quote:

This was a I told you so post and you was wrong he left on his own. You basically lied because you didn't read anything about him being waived.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11671525/memphis-grizzlies-waive-former-no-2-overall-pick-michael-beasley

Please, don't ever disrespect me and call me a liar. This is a chat board. We are talking basketball. There is nothing that i can gain from lying on this forum.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

9 fingers.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
Hard to believe that a 2008 #2 pick is already leaving the NBA for overseas. Not really sure why Miami used their pick on him either.

Can you imagine if they had picked Westbrook, Love, or Hibbert? Or really even Ryan Andersen or Brook Lopez.

Westbrook
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Haslem

Assuming they still cleared enough cap space to sign the Big Three, that team wins four in a row and LeBron is still there. Very costly mistake.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Quote:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11671525/memphis-grizzlies-waive-former-no-2-overall-pick-michael-beasley

Please, don't ever disrespect me and call me a liar. This is a chat board. We are talking basketball. There is nothing that i can gain from lying on this forum.

How about we all back off?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Quote:

How about we all back off?

Oh, so now the talking cheese is going to preach to us!

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Quote:

It was your misleading title, and the tone you struck based on the misleading title, that struck a nerve.

Not sure why, the guy is a waste that walked out on a make good contract in Memphis. No matter how you slice it, Mitch knew what he was doing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: