Randle/Davis > Boozer/Hill
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Randle/Davis > Boozer/Hill

The first pair = REAL Effort, Energy and consumes space in the paint. Worthy used to talk about "fake hustle". That's not Randle.

Second pair = Empty stats, soft and horrific defense. Did I mention soft? Real easy to get boards when you lose sight of your man, don't rotate just to go for the ball, etc, etc. This isn't based off this game either. This is off both their respective careers.

To the guy that said Boozer is better than Pau defensively. Wat in the holy hell name of God...Pau standing still with his hands up is better defense than him.

Not that any of this matters. They'll probably be out with a hang nail a week into the season anyhow.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

And people thought boozer was average or above average on defense?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
And people thought boozer was average or above average on defense?

He made up for it with elite post scoring and rebounding in the past. He can't get his shot off as easily anymore. Might be a reason Thibs basically stopped using him last year.
j_anthony611
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

agreed. a starting line-up of lin, kobe, johnson, randle, and davis could do some damage. hopefully coach scott inserts davis and randle into the starting line-up sooner rather than later
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

j_anthony611 wrote:
agreed. a starting line-up of lin, kobe, johnson, randle, and davis could do some damage. hopefully coach scott inserts davis and randle into the starting line-up sooner rather than later

It's pre-season so I'm sure he's just tinkering. That's the lineup I was thinking too.

Nick as the primary sixth man. Booz/Hill as bigs off bench depending on need. Nash as 2nd pg.

It's fascinating reading the contingent on LG try to rationalize Booz. It was the same ish with Kaman last year. As if a decade's worth of film isn't enough. He's dirt cheap so I'm glad to have the dude on board but if he's expecting 30+ minutes starting...hell to the no.
j_anthony611
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

boozer is putrid aha. he'd be decent off the bench though. that starting line-up i mentioned and bench you described i think could make the playoffs
j_anthony611
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

i've also seen this article describing how randle and davis should mesh well. i thought it was a real interesting read where davis is likened to randle's old teammate cauley-stein

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/24/ed-davis-julius-randles-complement/
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Davis is our best big. and these are pretty much my first games watching him
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

agreed that boozer is better than pau defensively. the problem on defense is hill and the backcourt.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Randle has a long way to go before he starts. I agree that Davis should start though because hill is the perfect big off the bench. He can play 4/5 and play balls out for 20 mins a night almost giving you a double double.

Nash
Kobe
Wesley
Boozer
Davis

Lin/price/clarkson
Henry/ Clarkson/ Ellington
Young/ Ellington
Randle/Kelly
Hill/sacre

I believe this is the final roster and should end up being the rotation. We would have arguably the best bench in the nba
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I have no qualms with anything you guys are posting here. Boozer has a good offensive game and can spread the floor, but defensively he is a liability. Hill is most effective around the 15-20 minute range.

If anything, take Hill out of the starting lineup. Insert Ed Davis.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Boozer is still better than Randle. Hill sucks.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I think they need to swap them. Hill/Randle, Davis/Boozer
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Boozer and Hill suck so much balls. I miss Pau. we have no inside presence. Our perimeter shooting is really bad too. Not happy about Wesley starting
j_anthony611
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

i think if randle started he'd get MUCH easier looks cause of kobe and maybe nash. we won't know until IF it ever happens. davis needs to start at center for the simple reason he actually provides adequate rim protection.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

j_anthony611 wrote:
i think if randle started he'd get MUCH easier looks cause of kobe and maybe nash. we won't know until IF it ever happens. davis needs to start at center for the simple reason he actually provides adequate rim protection.

actually, i don't think the spacing would work with Randle and Kobe both wanting the area around the paint; and then you have the Center who needs that same space.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I think they need to swap them. Hill/Randle, Davis/Boozer

I'd be okay with this.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Randle isn't ready to start yet. Boozer is going to be starting for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't mind seeing Davis in the starting lineup though. I foresee him and Hill splitting the center minutes 50/50 either way.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:

If anything, take Hill out of the starting lineup. Insert Ed Davis.

This.

And I don't mind Randle coming off the bench at this point. Let him be a go-to option with the second unit, especially with Young out. More iso opportunities for JR, the better.

Kiss my Converse.
j_anthony611
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
j_anthony611 wrote:

actually, i don't think the spacing would work with Randle and Kobe both wanting the area around the paint; and then you have the Center who needs that same space.

i don't know man. randle is more than capable of creating either for himself or others from the perimeter. i feel as if his quasi-perimeter game could mesh with kobe
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

At this point Pau sucks too, and I think I'd rather have Boozer he is pretty much automatic from mid-range. Only thing Pau brought that Boozer doesn't have is length. I do think Ed Davis should start in place of Hill tho, Hill can be the first big off the bench. I think Davis will complement Boozer in the front court really well. And I won't mind Nick Young starting along side Nash and Bryant. Wes will probably be better off coming off the bench.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Boozer isn't a good defender, never has been. He's decent at positioning, but gone gives up too much size, especially with his TRex arms, and now that he's older, he doesn't move his feet nearly as well.

Too early to judge, but I'm not encouraged by Hill disappearing today. Too reminiscent of previous years where he'd look amazing one game, grabbing boards like a mad man and getting opportunistic baskets, and then kind of float the next couple of games. Hopefully the newfound sobriety shows up in the form of better consistency this season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

j_anthony611 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
j_anthony611 wrote:

i don't know man. randle is more than capable of creating either for himself or others from the perimeter. i feel as if his quasi-perimeter game could mesh with kobe

even though he's really well adept at creating from the perimeter, his end game is always getting in the paint; and i think the paint and extended paint would be too clogged. IMO.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Boozer and Hill suck so much balls. I miss Pau. we have no inside presence. Our perimeter shooting is really bad too. Not happy about Wesley starting

La had a worse defense with Pau on the floor vs off.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

i'd like to see hill/davis in there against the other teams 1st unit in the preseason to see how they mesh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: