+++ Lakers vs Warriors ++++ Preseason Game #3 10/12/14 6:30PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Morgan Freeman wrote:
I didn't watched this game, can anyone tell me why is Davis not playing?

Byron liked what he saw last game so he decided not to play him. I believe he is using what the preseason games are meant to be. Player evaluations, setting the rosters and seeing which players to keep.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:
Byron Scott will be in the hot seat by Xmas.

I have a feeling the leash is going to be looser for Byron than it was for Mike Brown or MDA. Just because he is part of the Laker family and pretty much everybody knows its a rebuilding year.

Very loose. MDA didn't quite get Worthy or Coach Miller's support on the network, and I'm sure that added to the tension. Miller wanted Scott and was a former staff, and Worthy won three titles with Scott. These guys are not going to touch Byron Scott. Those nasty tweets from Magic blaming everything on MDA? You won't hear a peep from Magic this year. He stood side by side with Scott along with Kareem, and Silk. It's the SHOWTIME brotherhood. His tweets will be blaming the players.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject:

The last couple games haven't been encouraging (to say the very least), but an awful lot of handwringing for us losing two games in a row to a vastly superior team in preseason. We won't be very good this season, barring a miracle resurgence by Kobe and Nash and some massive unexpected improvements by some of our other players; so long as we work hard to compete every night we can at least be entertaining.

I was not a fan of the Scott hiring, at all, but judging him for tinkering with lineups in the preseason is a little silly.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject:

PG: Jeremy Lin
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Nick Young
PF: Julius Randle
C: Ed Davis

That lineup is our best five. They should start and finish the game, plain and simple

The second string should consist of the following:

PG: Jordan Clarkson
SG: Xavier Henry
SF: Ryan Kelly
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Jordan Hill

Theres no room for Wesley Johnson or Rob Sacre on this team, they're just not NBA talent. Steve Nash is omitted because he cannot stay healthy to save his life, and Ronnie Price isn't much of a point guard.
Pgforlife
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

That lineup is our best five. They should start and finish the game, plain and simple

Theres no room for Wesley Johnson or Rob Sacre on this team, they're just not NBA talent. Steve Nash is omitted because he cannot stay healthy to save his life, and Ronnie Price isn't much of a point guard.

You can't didregard Nash as he is the only PG other than Lin who can lead an offense. And you're not giving enough leeway for Wes and you forgot Young.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject:

Pgforlife wrote:
Inverse wrote:

You can't didregard Nash as he is the only PG other than Lin who can lead an offense. And you're not giving enough leeway for Wes and you forgot Young.

he has Young in the starting lineup.

for me I'd do like so

Lin - DUHHHHHHHHHHH. BScott youre killing me dude.
Kobe
Xavier
Booz
Davis
-------------------
Nash
Clarkson
Swagster
Randle
Hill

Kelly can get minutes when Nash can't play and Clarkson moves to the 1, Swag to the 2, Kelly to da 3.
Honestly This team would probly be better off with Kelly starting over Boozer and Boozer just getting cut. Kelly would give Kobe more spacing to operate in the post/ he'd give you a 3ball threat. I bet he'd rebound and defend no worse than Booz. But...not gunna happen.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Defense 101

It seems pretty plain the Lakers didn't or can't play perimeter D or rim protections without Davis in there. Good D kick starts the O. 32 for GS vs 8 points for LA in transition. Ugh.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject:

I remember Kobe saying before he will rather take a 3 point shoot than Long two. I hope Byron made an adjustment, if you will take a long two, you rather take a 3 point shoot[/quote]

The long 2 is the worst possible shot in BB. I don't care how good Kobe is but enough with forcing long range fadeaway 2's. Sure they can win a game sometimes but it seemed to be the game scoring philosophy.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject:

I was screaming at the TV every time they worked the ball inside the 3 point line, not able get any further, then chuck a long 2. I stopped counting the number of times that happened.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Pgforlife wrote:
Inverse wrote:

for me I'd do like so

Kobe
Xavier
Booz
Davis
-------------------
Nash
Clarkson
Swagster
Randle
Hill

Kelly can get minutes when Nash can't play and Clarkson moves to the 1, Swag to the 2, Kelly to da 3.
Honestly This team would probly be better off with Kelly starting over Boozer and Boozer just getting cut. Kelly would give Kobe more spacing to operate in the post/ he'd give you a 3ball threat. I bet he'd rebound and defend no worse than Booz. But...not gunna happen.

Agree with this. All of it. I think a healthy Kelly would be better as well. If Booze won't make his sneakers not stick to the floor to get some rebounds and play D I'd much rather have a younger stretch 4 in there.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

Lets all keep in mind this GS team is a serious contender for the championship. I have never seen a back court as potent, K & S are a two headed monster, both are budding superstars. Add Bogut and Iggy and Lee and Barnes. Is there a better six players on any other team?

Health is always an issue, but right now GS is real.

The Lakers might have just run into the next NBA CHAMPION, just trying to be optimistic.
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
Lets all keep in mind this GS team is a serious contender for the championship. I have never seen a back court as potent, K & S are a two headed monster, both are budding superstars. Add Bogut and Iggy and Lee and Barnes. Is there a better six players on any other team?

The Lakers might have just run into the next NBA CHAMPION, just trying to be optimistic.

They certainly could finish top 3 in the West this year.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
Voices wrote:

The west is tough for sure, SA, CLIPS AND GS with OKC a big question mark right now.

In the east just Cle and Chic.

GS routing the Lakers twice, I hope it is the fact that GS is a monster, not the Lakers being terrible.
gold555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

GS is a monster for real.
I will bet GS start top 1 at the 1/3 of season, then end with top 3.
But our problem is obvious as well, -> def is as weak as nothing.
Of course, multiple reasons, like old men, injure, new team, run too much before the game....
But it wont be excused once season start, Scott better makes a lot of
adjustment.

Voices wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Voices wrote:

The west is tough for sure, SA, CLIPS AND GS with OKC a big question mark right now.

In the east just Cle and Chic.

GS routing the Lakers twice, I hope it is the fact that GS is a monster, not the Lakers being terrible.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Pgforlife wrote:
Inverse wrote:

for me I'd do like so

Kobe
Xavier
Booz
Davis
-------------------
Nash
Clarkson
Swagster
Randle
Hill

If we didn't want Boozer the why did we bid 3 mil for him? It could been worse we could had traded for his whole salary.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Yeah except Nick works better off the bench as the bench leader.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Pgforlife wrote:
Inverse wrote:

for me I'd do like so

Kobe
Xavier
Booz
Davis
-------------------
Nash
Clarkson
Swagster
Randle
Hill

Totally agree with this. Except I haven't lost all hope for Wes ..

But yes, re Booz.
Hoped I would see some intensity from him b/c his contract year, but so far not seeing it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29
Jump to: