So....I still don't understand how healthy Nash is??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
This is just so sad. Tragic. Hilarious. Pathetic. So many things.

In a way though it's just pre-season. Seems to me he could've played if it were a regular season game.

If he can't go though - injured player exception. Though, I'd have no idea who the Lakers could possibly use that on lol.

It is. But other starters were able to play 20 minutes. Nash took himself out and then has sat out practices.

I just don't like how someone like Lin gets fewer practice time with the 1st squad but is then expected to run with them every other game when nash is out.

Just assign Nash to the 2nd squad where his injuries will allow someone like Price or Clarkson to step up.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

In a way though it's just pre-season. Seems to me he could've played if it were a regular season game.

If he can't go though - injured player exception. Though, I'd have no idea who the Lakers could possibly use that on lol.

It is. But other starters were able to play 20 minutes. Nash took himself out and then has sat out practices.

I just don't like how someone like Lin gets fewer practice time with the 1st squad but is then expected to run with them every other game when nash is out.

Just assign Nash to the 2nd squad where his injuries will allow someone like Price or Clarkson to step up.

At this point, with Nash saying things like "I just don't feel right," He should definitely not be practicing as if he's going to be a starter. He sounds done to me.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject:

He's as healthy as any other 40 year old starting point guard in the NBA would be.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At this point, with Nash saying things like "I just don't feel right," He should definitely not be practicing as if he's going to be a starter. He sounds done to me.

Team chemistry is important. I'd rather have Lin establish cohesion with Kobe and the starters. He can't be expected to practice mostly with the 2nd unit and be thrust to the starters every other game.

Minimize the disruption that Nash's iffy body presents. Put him on the 2nd unit where if he's hurt, then Price/Clarkson can step up.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

Jeremy Lin should definitely be the starter. I think it'll only be a matter of time.

The ONLY thing I can see hindering that is that it'd be Houston 2.0 essentially with him playing a lot off the ball potentially

I think on the second unit he may get a bit more freedom to "do his thing." Plus, if Nash can't go.. that essentially leaves the second unit without a ball handler. Jordan Clarkson can handle the ball, but he's not what I would call a distributor. Ronnie Price is okay. With Jeremy Lin, you have someone who can distribute and score the ball and get players easy looks like he did with Ed Davis.

In any case though, I trust Byron Scott will figure things out.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

^Jeremy is going to play a lot of minutes this year; 32-34 would be my guess for now and he'll be playing with both the starters and the bench unit along with finishing games, IMO. I could see Price getting 12-14 minutes. Right now, that's our PG rotation; you can't count on Nash at this point.
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject:

news getting worse RE nash

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 3m3 minutes ago
Steve Nash did not practice today. Lakers described it as similar issues he was having last year.

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 3m3 minutes ago
Nash has yet to speak to media about what he’s dealing with, but the back-nerves-hamstrings are all connected, similar to last year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

seriously Nash needs to retire. He's a good guy, but it's over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:

Steve Nash did not practice today. Lakers described it as similar issues he was having last year.

Nash has yet to speak to media about what he’s dealing with, but the back-nerves-hamstrings are all connected, similar to last year.

Just sad. I appreciate how hard he's working to get back to playing his last season, but there comes a time when it's over.

Should be over. He has nothing to prove this season. Even if plays 50 games and average 8/6, it still won't salvage the narrative. It was a failure. But he's still a HOF and a great player. It just didn't work out.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

Just sad. I appreciate how hard he's working to get back to playing his last season, but there comes a time when it's over.

Should be over. He has nothing to prove this season. Even if plays 50 games and average 8/6, it still won't salvage the narrative. It was a failure. But he's still a HOF and a great player. It just didn't work out.

Sad, but true. Nonetheless, we'd be lucky if he even gave us 25-30 games at this point. He needs to just sit back, mentor these guys, and take it easy.
poiuyt
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

The silver lining is that we found out how healthy Nash will be this year in the first week of pre-season, and can plan accordingly.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Healthy enough to pick up his checks.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Oh man. I was about to make a Thread on it. Yep, he is done.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Healthy enough to pick up his checks.

no signing bonuses in NBA = guaranteed contracts, not mad at him for getting what he negotiated

was hoping he could go out on a high note
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Jeremy Lin will play 40 minutes a game. You heard it here first.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Laker management needs to stop playing games with fans like the original poster. Nash is done as a NBA player. How delusional is this franchise right now if they don't acknowledge this at least privately.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

I think Nash is healthy enough to be a coach
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Apparently the answer is "not healthy at all".
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

he has absolutely no signs of cancer OR ebola--and THAT is awesome.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

It's pretty disappointing how fragile he is now. He looked really good in the first game then it all went downhill after that practice on NBA TV where he stepped on someone's foot during the first running drill.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

".... how healthy Nash is"... you ask .... Not very apparently: Steve Nash is Dealing with Nerve Issues Again "Doesn't Feel Right"

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Not healthy at all.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

nash needs to hang it up

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobesRevenge
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

At this point he should be excused from conditioning drills and just take part in shooting drills and scrimmages. All this conditioning is just aggravating his nerve problem.

I'd be happy to get 10-15 minutes a game out of him at this point - just enough to give Lin a breather.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

poiuyt wrote:
The silver lining is that we found out how healthy Nash will be this year in the first week of pre-season, and can plan accordingly.

Agree 100%. In making Nash his starting PG, Byron was being foolish and falling into a trap.

I dont wish bad on anyone, but every time Nash gets hurt, a younger player who will actually play and who actually has a future gets a shot. I worry about this team because a Nash injury had to force Byrons hand when he shouldve known better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: