NBA 2k15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: NBA 2k15

I always buy it, but I've been hearing about issues with the online play.

Every year its the same thing. They try to sell us on all bell and whistle stuff I never end up touching up and the online play sucks. IDK what kind of operation they run, but its a joke when they profit so much off the game and they cant release a game without critical issues.

For those who have it, is it worth the trouble or save my money?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I bought it, and I still wish they'd let us skip the stupid story stuff in MyPlayer mode. It's nice that you go Undrafted now instead of having to sit through David Stern reading through a ton of names now though.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject:

Have you tried the face scan?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject:

I got it (PS4). Online is a lagfest pos. Let's hope that the upcoming PSN update that allows a buddy to remote connect to your PS4 is a way around the laggy games.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject:

I think the game is great. However the online servers have been horrible so far. They tweeted out that they fixed the servers earlier.

Well I tried MyPark for a few hours just now on PC. it ran smooth played a few 2 on 2's and 3 on 3's. Was pretty fun. Was able to go 7-1 in the 8 games I played. I am a level 68 PG. Luckily I found some good random players to play with. They weren't kidding when they said MyPark rep was hard to come by. I went 7-1 and it only got me to rookie 2 in MyPark rep.

I can't vouch for all of the online modes. Also even if online is working fine as of now it doesn't mean it won't go down again which is always a risk with 2k.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject:

2K always has issues with online play. It seems like IGN's review is calling them out for the first time after so many years.

I've been playing the NHL series with EA for years, and never had issues online. It's perfect there. But whenever I play NBA2K, it's terrible and a lag fest. I just don't get it.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Nope. Don't have the play station camera. I've heard the feature isn't great, though.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Nope. Don't have the play station camera. I've heard the feature isn't great, though.

It works. It scans your face and puts it in the game. That's it.
It's not really a game changer so i can't say if "it's great" or "isn't great".
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:
2K always has issues with online play. It seems like IGN's review is calling them out for the first time after so many years.

I've been playing the NHL series with EA for years, and never had issues online. It's perfect there. But whenever I play NBA2K, it's terrible and a lag fest. I just don't get it.

Finally. No way they would have ever gotten a 9 with their crap online all these years. I didn't feel any of those games deserved a 9 anyway, but good to see them finally factoring in the online.

I guess 2K's annual bribe check must have bounced.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:

TO be fair, 2k has called themselves out on the online play. I dont have the game yet, but i might get it next week PC though. IM done with console gaming.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LOL. Ed Davis is the guy they have repping the Lakers in free agency. Guess Kobe said no. Doc Rivers also came on to coach the Lakers because I chose to sign with them. Lol.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
TooCool wrote:

TO be fair, 2k has called themselves out on the online play. I dont have the game yet, but i might get it next week PC though. IM done with console gaming.

I'd steer clear from the PC version for now. Apparently it has massive performance issues even on rigs way more powerful than the X1/PS4. Also there's still server issues. Plus most are saying that the gameplay is smoother on last year's PC 2K14 anyways.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

still selling for full price on Amazon. i always get my games there a few weeks after release. waiting for the price drop.
Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

I bought it, but I also haven't bought since 2k11 (though I've played a ton every year with friends' copies since then). Overall I'd say the gameplay is a bit better -- it's not as easy to score and it's way harder to play defense. I think in the previous versions it was pretty easy to exploit the pick and roll for layups a lot, but they made it way tougher. On defense you don't "stick" to your man as much. There is a bit of space in between you and your defender and it takes quite a bit more concentration to stay in front.

The modes are fun too, though I'm not sure how much has changed. I played my first quick game online last night and I won but it was a HUGE lagfest. You basically have to adjust to the gameplay lag to win. I don't even bother playing defense on the ball, I just select my center and guard the paint.

Overall it is what you're expecting. If you want the newest rosters with a few gameplay tweaks, a ton of new animations, etc then get it. If you're wanting to play online a lot, I wouldn't get it. Truly a frustrating experience.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
still selling for full price on Amazon. i always get my games there a few weeks after release. waiting for the price drop.

Yeah. I'm waiting too.

I bought 2k14 a few weeks after release for $40 at Best Buy.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I hate this game online! I'm so glad I rented it.... pos is going back asap!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
I got it (PS4). Online is a lagfest pos. Let's hope that the upcoming PSN update that allows a buddy to remote connect to your PS4 is a way around the laggy games.

ah... ok then I'll keep the rental a bit longer because offline it's great! I just can't put up with the online lag fest and feeling like my guys are stuck in mud on defense.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Got it for PS3 since my crew wasn't jumping yet. Haven't been able to get into My Career or Blacktop for almost a week now. Can only play offline or Crew mode. And that's the same for all but one of us. Frustrating.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Online has been alright for me on ps4.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: