Bresnahan: Jeremy Lin sprained ankle at end of practice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject:

gooner wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
The fans on this board blaming Gary Vitti for the injuries are ignorant, you dont know basketball and you definitely dont know anything about medicine. Injuries are a part of every sport, so was Gary supposed to dive on the ground and put his head in between Sacre's foot and Lins Ankle? Ridiculous.

Sadly, yes.

No I think the argument is that using the newest advances in training, treatments, and technology, it could have been avoided. Some newer cars have collision avoidance and autonomous braking. So Vitti should be putting these types of systems in the players shoes.

There is no training, treatment or technology that can completely eliminate injury. Not that I'm aware of.

Where is this being utilized currently? I want in.
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 4m4 minutes ago
Scott says Jeremy Lin is probably going to be a game-time decision for Thursday (ankle sprain). Did not practice today.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
gooner wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
The fans on this board blaming Gary Vitti for the injuries are ignorant, you dont know basketball and you definitely dont know anything about medicine. Injuries are a part of every sport, so was Gary supposed to dive on the ground and put his head in between Sacre's foot and Lins Ankle? Ridiculous.

Sadly, yes.

No I think the argument is that using the newest advances in training, treatments, and technology, it could have been avoided. Some newer cars have collision avoidance and autonomous braking. So Vitti should be putting these types of systems in the players shoes.

There is no training, treatment or technology that can completely eliminate injury. Not that I'm aware of.

Sounds like an investment opportunity and I'm surprised Mark Cuban hasn't jumped on this one yet. Airbags in your shoes. I mean c'mon, if you can carry a talking computer around in your pocket, you should be able to find someone who can perfect this idea.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
gooner wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:

Sadly, yes.

Phoenix.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
gooner wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:

Sadly, yes.

Phoenix.

Bledsoe.

Can't be in Phoenix.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Jeremy Lin ruled out against Utah Jazz

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-jeremy-lin-ruled-out-against-utah-jazz/2014/10/15/

Mike Trudell (@) LakersReporter
Jeremy Lin confirmed that he won't play tomorrow due to the sprained ankle, but he's shooting for Sunday. It does keep improving.

Last edited by 13th Man on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Linjury?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:

hopefully Sunday is the day everyone comes back so lets stay healthy between now and then!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

No more wind sprints before games.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

If this was the RS, everyone would be playing besides Young.... everyone is being super cautious on there injuries because preseason is a good time to rehab you're body.... so basically if this was the RS.... Lin would be playing and probably Henry and Kelly to.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
gooner wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:

Sadly, yes.

Some injuries just happen, a sprained ankle is very common and most players get it even playing non-professional basketball. Often it is just an accident. High cut shoes and ankle braces could help though.

Anyways, it's a minor injury in the preseason so nothing to get worked up on.

At least he didn't get it during the regular season while bowling or in the playoffs punching a fire extinguisher case glass.

Last edited by -Showtime- on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
Jeremy Lin ruled out against Utah Jazz

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-jeremy-lin-ruled-out-against-utah-jazz/2014/10/15/

Mike Trudell AT LakersReporter
Jeremy Lin confirmed that he won't play tomorrow due to the sprained ankle, but he's shooting for Sunday. It does keep improving.

What about Clarkson?
back2backlakers2010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

He has no more ankles to tweak. Lightly sprained the other one yesterday.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/141017linpractice
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

ho no! we need him back bad! lin needs practice with the starters
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

back2backlakers2010 wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.

I wonder if they just don't want to play because the pressure is too great here in LA. After being embarrassed by the Warriors and the Jazz you begin to doubt yourself and what you're doing. I bet if we were to ask them off the record they don't think the offense works and that they'd rather do things differently. They're trying because they have no choice but if they feel a twitch they're going to take time off.
Honestly in over 40 years that I've been watching basketball I've never seen anything like this. It's really hard to believe.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

I just watched the video. As expected Lin tweaked the other ankle because he over compensated for the sprained ankle. He said it is minor. Since this is preseason, he would like to play in 5 on 5 before playing in a game. He hope to play on Sunday but it depends on the medical staff. He also said if this is regular season, he would just go. He said everyone err on the cautious side since this is preseason
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject:

rockets killer wrote:
ho no! we need him back bad! lin needs practice with the starters

i been screaming for him to practice with first unit at least part of the time since day 1 of training camp.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.

I wonder if they just don't want to play because the pressure is too great here in LA. After being embarrassed by the Warriors and the Jazz you begin to doubt yourself and what you're doing. I bet if we were to ask them off the record they don't think the offense works and that they'd rather do things differently. They're trying because they have no choice but if they feel a twitch they're going to take time off.
Honestly in over 40 years that I've been watching basketball I've never seen anything like this. It's really hard to believe.

in jeremy's interview you can almost SENSE he doesn't like the offense when he was asked about it. of course politically playing it off saying (i paraphrase) bscott obviously has seen it work he wouldn't just install his offense for no reason!

implying what? it's NOT working right now? LOL
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.

in jeremy's interview you can almost SENSE he doesn't like the offense when he was asked about it. of course politically playing it off saying (i paraphrase) bscott obviously has seen it work he wouldn't just install his offense for no reason!

LOL Slik, reading behind the leaves. I am gonna rewatch part of the video just because of what you said.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.

I don't know if it's that, or if it's J Lin's personality. He comes off as absent minded and at a loss for words in most of his Lakers interviews.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Was he carrying bags?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.

Your "sense" is seeing things that aren't there. He started in the offense and got more easy opportunities than he did in Houston and scored 14 points needing to shoot only 4 times. He doesn't dislike the offense at all. He just hasn't had a lot of time to gain chemistry with the starters within it as of yet. And he sure as heck isn't faking his injury to NOT play.
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.

Your "sense" is seeing things that aren't there. He started in the offense and got more easy opportunities than he did in Houston and scored 14 points needing to shoot only 4 times. He doesn't dislike the offense at all. He just hasn't had a lot of time to gain chemistry with the starters within it as of yet. And he sure as heck isn't faking his injury to NOT play.

Any updates from practice today??
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Richmond wrote:
MJST wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Oh for (bleep)'s sake.

Any updates from practice today??

Lin as far as yesterday went said that the ankle isn't a big deal and he still intends to play Sunday. It's basically going to be decided if he can do scrimmage or contact. He said the only reason there's that in the way is because it's pre-season and that if it was the season he'd just play regardless.

other than that, today Kobe went for a hammer dunk through traffic in practice and was awesome.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: