Nash, Lin, Price PG rotation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Nash, Lin, Price PG rotation

It looks like Nash, if he can make it through the regular season, will not be an everyday player. What do folks think of a platoon that includes Nash and Lin splitting minutes in games Nash plays and a Lin/Price combo in other games. I kinda feel like Price could do a pretty decent job of filling that role where he knows he will get solid minutes but in only about half the games allowing him to keep a peak intensity without burning out.

Thoughts?
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Like you mention, I think we all expect Nash to be systematically rested throughout the season. However, instead of Lin/Price, I would much prefer Lin/Clarkson.

I want the kid to develop. We need assets moving forward.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject:

i think nash is a key component of the team's success--particularly in games that count. but it is absolutely ludicrous for him to be the starter if the plan is to systematically rest him. just start lin and have as consistent a first unit as possible and bring nash off the bench (especially since you're going to limit his minutes anways). you can always play him when it counts! the fewer the number of lineup combinations the better on a team where the injury bug has proven to be nagging.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

If Lin ever gets hurt the team is in big trouble. I figure Lin will average 28-30 mpg or so.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
Like you mention, I think we all expect Nash to be systematically rested throughout the season. However, instead of Lin/Price, I would much prefer Lin/Clarkson.

While I like Clarkson's upside, he's really chaotic out there. He needs to know that in order to earn playing time, he needs to be in control a little more. Right now he makes really bad decisions.

I would love to see Clarkson earn that over time. But I don't think it would be good for his development to just give it to him if we decide to keep Price.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Minutes won't be a problem. I think Nash is probably limited to 20 minutes at most, plus he won't play back to back games most likely, not to mention will probably sit some games in case he has aches and pains. There will be plenty of minutes to go around the PG position.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

On back to back's where Nash would be forced to guard the quicker faster points(like Curry, Westbrook) then resting him and letting Lin play would be fine, and Ronnie can handle defensive assignments with the bench. It's a good strategy in theory.
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:

While I like Clarkson's upside, he's really chaotic out there. He needs to know that in order to earn playing time, he needs to be in control a little more. Right now he makes really bad decisions.

I would love to see Clarkson earn that over time. But I don't think it would be good for his development to just give it to him if we decide to keep Price.

That's my concern with summer league and D league play. They have a "me first" attitude and when the get up with the big boys they have bad habits to break. Clarkson seems like a bright kid though and should work his way through that!
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:

Yes. I hope Clarkson outplays him then.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:

nash needs to go to the second unit and jeremy needs to start. very simple and obvious IMO. nash is just gonna get torched. and if he is on a planned sit schedule anyways, why not keep the starting lineup consistent?
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Nash, Lin, Price PG rotation=
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Nash's nerve problem has resurfaced = limited duties. That leaves us with only 1 true PG who can run an offense.

The #1 PG in Europe is suppose to be Bo McCallebb. Bo is now a free agent. He's been in a Byron camp before, i believe as a rookie in NO. Bo is definitely not a pass first PG but has the quicks to get to the rim at will, something that is vital in Scott's offense. And Bo plays defense. For part of the MLE, Callebb would be a good insurance policy.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If Lin ever gets hurt the team is in big trouble. I figure Lin will average 28-30 mpg or so.

The Lakers would be screwed if that happened. I would expect some type of trade for a PG at some point during the season if Lin gets major injury.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The Lakers would be screwed if that happened. I would expect some type of trade for a PG at some point during the season if Lin gets major injury.

agreed. knock on wood.
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
Looks like Nash's nerve problem has resurfaced = limited duties. That leaves us with only 1 true PG who can run an offense.

The #1 PG in Europe is suppose to be Bo McCallebb. Bo is now a free agent. He's been in a Byron camp before, i believe as a rookie in NO. Bo is definitely not a pass first PG but has the quicks to get to the rim at will, something that is vital in Scott's offense. And Bo plays defense. For part of the MLE, Callebb would be a good insurance policy.

It really is a shame that Nash is struggling so much (with injuries). He and Lin would be a pretty good tandem at PG if they can stay healthy. Clarkson makes me nervous..He's still playing Summer league ball.
McCalebb is interesting. According to HoopsHype he's in discussion with a pair of Western conference teams.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject:

Jordan Farmar and Ramon Sessions sound pretty good right about now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Richmond wrote:

It really is a shame that Nash is struggling so much (with injuries). He and Lin would be a pretty good tandem at PG if they can stay healthy.

I agree Richmond. This would be fun to watch, even Lin said that himself. Too bad it seems that it is becoming less and less likely that this would happen, but we can still hope ...
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Jordan Farmar and Ramon Sessions sound pretty good right about now.

They'd be great 2nd and 3rd string PGs behind Chris Paul.
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
Richmond wrote:

It really is a shame that Nash is struggling so much (with injuries). He and Lin would be a pretty good tandem at PG if they can stay healthy.

I agree Richmond. This would be fun to watch, even Lin said that himself. Too bad it seems that it is becoming less and less likely that this would happen, but we can still hope ...

After seeing the numbers from the PG position last night we all need to start praying.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

I'm telling you guys, we need to pick up another PG. Someone who can carry an offense. Price is no lead PG, not by a long shot. Bo McCalebb costs you no assets and the worst he can be is a consistent Will Bynum. All McCalebb needs is a 2 year deal, will probably do a team option.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

My main thought is that I hope that Clarkson can learn to dish out of his drives in the next couple of years. In another thread they posted a quote from Peter Carrill where he said that right now teams should try to imitate the Spurs offense. Having that PG who can initiate the offense by penetration is something the Lakers need.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
On back to back's where Nash would be forced to guard the quicker faster points(like Curry, Westbrook) then resting him and letting Lin play would be fine, and Ronnie can handle defensive assignments with the bench. It's a good strategy in theory.

I had to re-read that a few times. Here I was thinking every guard on every team would be significantly faster and quicker than Nash this year, and so he's not got much chance at guarding any of them well at all. The best strategy to minimize the lack of Nash's defensive chops is to sit him as much as possible, whenever possible.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
My main thought is that I hope that Clarkson can learn to dish out of his drives in the next couple of years. In another thread they posted a quote from Peter Carrill where he said that right now teams should try to imitate the Spurs offense. Having that PG who can initiate the offense by penetration is something the Lakers need.

Isn't that Lin's calling card?
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Isn't that Lin's calling card?

Yes it is. I think once we see Lin in the lineup for a few games, things will change. Not saying we win the West but I think the blowouts will at least be less frequent and the offense should flow better.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

What a trio. The nerve-damaged corpse of a HOF'er , a one-hit wonder, and a castoff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: