Byron's Practices taking short term toll, but will yield long term success; According to Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hard training camp or not we still get whooped by the Warriors. They are just a few tiers better than us.

I think having Young against the Warriors can make a huge difference because he's the only one who can counter-react on the Warriors offensive spree with his shooting...... the Warriors proved nothing in these last 2 games... they are still gonna lose to the OKC/Spurs/Clippers.... the Warriors are nothing but a big show off they remind me off the early Mavs from the 00's.....

If the Warriors are nothing -- what are we? And what did we prove?

Oh, and with Lin in the game yesterday, Lakers win. Cmon.

The preseason isn't for proving anything, it is for practice.

So what did we practice exactly?

Because all you hear about is how dominating Kobe is in practice. How Ronnie Price is impressing Kobe and everyone in practice. How good Clarkson looks -- in practice. How amazing Randle is at handling the ball in practice.

If preseason = practice, then those statements are lies.

Hey look! The sky is falling!

No, the sky isn't falling. The sky today is the same sky as it was a week ago and a month ago.

But let's not try to make a mountain out of a mole hill (for better or worse).

ESPN was supposed to eat crow after game 1 of preseason and now preseason is just practice and nothing more. Come on.

When there is a win, some people will be over-exuberant, and when there is a loss, some folks will be sanguine. Pretending they are all the same people is a bit disingenuous.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

How many people willing to bet... if the Lakers do really GOOD this year... ringfinger will disappear from LG like a cricket....
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hard training camp or not we still get whooped by the Warriors. They are just a few tiers better than us.

I think having Young against the Warriors can make a huge difference because he's the only one who can counter-react on the Warriors offensive spree with his shooting...... the Warriors proved nothing in these last 2 games... they are still gonna lose to the OKC/Spurs/Clippers.... the Warriors are nothing but a big show off they remind me off the early Mavs from the 00's.....

If the Warriors are nothing -- what are we? And what did we prove?

Oh, and with Lin in the game yesterday, Lakers win. Cmon.

The preseason isn't for proving anything, it is for practice.

So what did we practice exactly?

Because all you hear about is how dominating Kobe is in practice. How Ronnie Price is impressing Kobe and everyone in practice. How good Clarkson looks -- in practice. How amazing Randle is at handling the ball in practice.

If preseason = practice, then those statements are lies.

Hey look! The sky is falling!

No, the sky isn't falling. The sky today is the same sky as it was a week ago and a month ago.

But let's not try to make a mountain out of a mole hill (for better or worse).

ESPN was supposed to eat crow after game 1 of preseason and now preseason is just practice and nothing more. Come on.

When there is a win, some people will be over-exuberant, and when there is a loss, some folks will be sanguine. Pretending they are all the same people is a bit disingenuous.

Well said. You have to take a win or loss with grain of salt.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
How many people willing to bet... if the Lakers do really GOOD this year... ringfinger will disappear from LG like a cricket....

Lol you know it. This ain't even a question.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Even by preseason blowout standards last night's game was such a display of incompetence it's hard not to have a guttural reaction. I've never seen anything like that. Yeah it's meaningless. Is it encouraging and useful to the team in any substantive way? I can't see how.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I really doubt... many people are taking much assumptions on preseason games win or lose... there have been many teams through out the last few decades looking like contenders in the preseason only to look average during the RS.... the Lakers obviously did not try to win the game against the Warriors... while the Warriors were celebrating every 3 they made against Price/Smith/ and a old Nash.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Yes, but what will make you do that? That's what we really want to know.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Yes, but what will make you do that? That's what we really want to know.

He's the LG version of the Stuxnet Virus.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Byron Scott gives the vets Nash and Kobe the day off from practice to rest;

Quote:

Mark Medina @MarkG_Medina ·
Looks like Byron Scott took Kobe's word on tapering off practice. Lakers planning to let out earlier than usual

Also

Quote:

Mark Medina @MarkG_Medina ·
Scott said Kobe and Nash were given day off

This is very very good news. Remember when Scott was deemed too stubborn to rail back those years ago? This may seem small, but this actually is a very very good thing.

Happy to see he gave the vets the day off and worked the young guys but even then let them out a bit early. It increases my confidence that he may know what he's doing here and is listening to them.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Warriors are better.
Warriors are healthy
Warriors know their rotation and are playing to win
Warriors didn't run an hour and a half of suicides
Curry might be a smidge better than our third/fourth string pg.

People read way too much into this stuff. Scott isn't worried about scores right now. It is conditioning and auditions and little bits of scheme work right now. If LA could even stay in the building with GS last night under those conditions, GS would have a serious problem.

They're way better than us and even if they are using training camp differently they are still way better than us. Doesn't change the equation IMO. Better and deeper personnel.

I don't think too many reasonable people failed to notice that the GS roster was better than ours. So when you add that to the guys who were playing (and not), and the goals of each team, and the fact that Scott deliberately ran his guys ragged before the game, you get what happened last night.

This makes sense, but we knew all of this prior to the game so why weren't we predicting a 40 pt blowout? (Or at least a 20 pt blowout).

Hope.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
He's the LG version of the Stuxnet Virus.

Who me? and what is Stuxnet Virus... is it when Stu Lantz uses the toilet during half-time?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
People are putting too much stock into a preseason game....the purpose of these games are to evaluate players, lineups, get work done not to mention test different plays. Sure the Lakers got blown out, but we don't know what program they were doing compared to the Warriors.

except he did the same thing in cleveland, and was running them into the ground in practice even late in the season. i wonder if this all he knows how to do as a coach. his play calling and sets certainly aren't impressive.

Cannot argue with the bolded.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

not saying much but MDA was a better coach. We could score at least. now its the worst of both worlds. No offense or Defense (mainly due to personal)...

I really wonder what the Lakers FO thinking process is when hiring coaches. Maybe scott gave them a speech but maybe their on to something, which brings me to.....

We might out tank MDA. if it's top 5 then i'm in on with the Lakers FO game plan
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers hired Scott because there was no one else. And I too would put him in the same field as MDA as a head coach.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject:

We aren't focusing on offense right now. We've covered maybe 30% of our offense thus far.

The only thing we're focusing on right now is conditioning and putting in the work and focusing on the mistakes.

If Scott was focused on winning right now we wouldn't have sent out a bench lineup of

Price
Ellington
Smith
Randle
Sacre

and we sure wouldn't have been ran for an hour and a half + scrimmaging the day of the game.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I'll take that bet.

What would you like to wager?

And what in the name of God's green earth does it mean to disappear like a cricket?! WTH?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I really doubt... many people are taking much assumptions on preseason games win or lose... there have been many teams through out the last few decades looking like contenders in the preseason only to look average during the RS.... the Lakers obviously did not try to win the game against the Warriors... while the Warriors were celebrating every 3 they made against Price/Smith/ and a old Nash.

The bolded is absolutely untrue. Why would you say this? They didn't celebrate every 3.

Why are you trying to make it seem like the Warriors really cared about this game? Wait. I know why. We all do.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

If the season starts to go bad, do you guys think James worthy will criticize Byron? He had no problem destroying MDA.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The bolded is absolutely untrue. Why would you say this? They didn't celebrate every 3.

Why are you trying to make it seem like the Warriors really cared about this game? Wait. I know why. We all do.

Why are you obsessed with endless semantic (almost always negative) arguments, often against straw men of your own creation? Wait. I know why. We all do.

See how that looks when done to you?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Clearly this team needs more conditioning. More wind sprints gentlemen.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Why are you obsessed with endless semantic (almost always negative) arguments, often against straw men of your own creation? Wait. I know why. We all do.

Poor analogy though. I pointed out an actual statement he made that simply isn't true. Is it true? I think it is a lie because I watched that game and never really saw any kind of celebration on the Warriors part at any point in the game much less on made 3s.

I don't understand why people would just make things up. Do you?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Poor analogy though. I pointed out an actual statement he made that simply isn't true. Is it true? I think it is a lie because I watched that game and never really saw any kind of celebration on the Warriors part at any point in the game much less on made 3s.

I'm not really interested in your approval of my analogy, and I'm more interested in all of us understanding about the tone with which we debate.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm not really interested in your approval of my analogy, and I'm more interested in all of us understanding about the tone with which we debate.

Oh. Well, if you weren't interested, why'd ya ask? =)

Anyway, fair point about the tone. I'll apologize to K2.0.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

we are resting people and season has not even started yet
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

K2.0., sorry for bagging on you earlier. We all want the best for this team, I just think sometimes we have different ideas on how to get there.

That said, I'd still like to understand at which point you saw the Warriors celebrating. Because I watched the whole game once, the first half twice, and I didn't see any celebrations.

Curry made three straight 3s to start the game, he didn't celebrate on any of them even the one that resulted in a 4-pt play.

Or are you talking about game 2 perhaps? (Only watched that one once).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: