What the Lakers team looked like last night
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe4mvp24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: What the Lakers team looked like last night

For those who would play at the rec during college, there was always a couple times a year when the school team would come play some pick up games with us average folks. They would make everyone look like clowns, and just run all over us.

That is what it looked like with the Lakers last night. The Warriors were clowning them. One play Igoudala had a fast break lay up but instead kicked it out to Klay for a three just to mock us.

SO SAD
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

We all know this what's your point? That they stink? Nothing new.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

It was the closest thing you'll ever see to a real life Globetrotters vs. Generals game. I do not over exaggerate or kid. Burn the tape.

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

It might be long season for the Lakers. I just hope its above mediocrity.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

they couldn't even execute ball screens!
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

When guys like Smith/Price/Sacre/Tyler are playing against the GS top-tiers they will obviously have a good chance to clown us.... that goes for any good or bad team in the NBA..... you can't win playing D-League or training-camp fodders.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
When guys like Smith/Price/Sacre/Tyler are playing against the GS top-tiers they will obviously have a good chance to clown us.... that goes for any good or bad team in the NBA..... you can't win playing D-League or training-camp fodders.

Sure. But what happened in the first 5 minutes when our reported starters were playing?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Sure. But what happened in the first 5 minutes when our reported starters were playing?

Exactly. That is such a lame excuse, K2.0! Those "scrubs" actually played better for us.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

With all our shortcomings with our current roster 😝🔫💣 this season you can't overlook that GS is a well balanced team.

They should easily be a WCF contender at the very least every season. It's really about David Lee and Bogut staying healthy for their ship to stay a float.

With all that said I expect them and the Clippers to continue going extra hard against our rebuilding squads. For centuries we demolished them and their definitely going to get theirs' in whenever they have the chance lol 😂😂😂

Clips with 0 chips and the Warriors with 3 a millennium ago.
Last one with Silk before he decided to leave for the greatest franchise down South. 🏀✌️

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Fair enough, although I think people are taking the whole starters thing a little too seriously. Scott basically gave the vets the starting roles in camp, and is evaluating things before selecting his actual lineup for the season. I think putting all his slow old vets out there after running everyone to death is a pretty smart tactic. He is going to be "forced" to make changes. Not to mention going hard with Nash early is going to settle pretty quickly what he can and can't hack.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Exactly. That is such a lame excuse, K2.0! Those "scrubs" actually played better for us.

Plus, it doesn't really explain a 40+ point blowout. A loss, yes. A 40+ blowout?

It's exactly an excuse. And a poor one.

I hope the Lakers look at that game and realize they have to get better. If K2.0 were coach, he'd tell the guys, hey no need to get better, we are da best already it's just we had our bench in with their starters but you guys played great. Cmon, man!
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

The talent disparity was alarming. We also have no inside scorers or shooters. The whole team just shoots long 2s
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

‏@EricPincus
Scott said he practiced the Lakers hard in a morning practice before they played the Warriors that night - pushing them mentally/physically

They entered the game with their legs gone. As was Scott's intention of pushing them. That is why they looked the way they did. Even with fresh legs there's no guarantee they'd win, but they wouldn't have looked as bad.

It doesn't need 8 threads.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

OH WOE IS ME

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
‏@EricPincus
Scott said he practiced the Lakers hard in a morning practice before they played the Warriors that night - pushing them mentally/physically

They entered the game with their legs gone. As was Scott's intention of pushing them. That is why they looked the way they did. Even with fresh legs there's no guarantee they'd win, but they wouldn't have looked as bad.

It doesn't need 8 threads.

It also doesn't need the wailing and gnashing of teeth, but that's what happens. Meh.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

first 5? kobe and nash played the whole quarter! WTF was that all about?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm a Dyed In The Wool Laker fan but I'm also a realist. This is the worst the Lakers have looked since I've been watching them and that's been 54, countum, 54 years.

I'm clinging to hope Mitch, will be given the reins to rebuild. I have no faith In Jim.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm a Dyed In The Wool Laker fan but I'm also a realist. This is the worst the Lakers have looked since I've been watching them and that's been 54, countum, 54 years.

I'm clinging to hope Mitch, will be given the reins to rebuild. I have no faith In Jim.

You apparently missed the entire second half of last season my friend...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What part did I miss?

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What part did I miss?

The part where they looked far worse than the current squad.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What part did I miss?

Hmmm, I'm not really sure I agree with that. Right now, the current squad looks worse to me. But, not really fair to compare preseason to regular season.

I don't remember that last time I saw a team with no inside presence, play so slow.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What part did I miss?

Honestly two four I had more faith in that squad then I do in what I'm seeing now.

I didn't change channels last season because I had a feeling the team would respond. Maybe they wouldn't win but they would hustle and make a game of it. This squad does not seem to be of that ilk.

I'm not a happy camper

JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

OP I certainly respect your post and I understand that Kobe will be Kobe he has yet to round and form but let's face it guys it's only preseason game three.

You can also make the same claim for the rest of the team. I hear so much about age? Age is only one part of the equation what these guys do in the summer to better theirselves and condition their bodies really will determine how far they go during the season. The team will be okay patience is really what needs to be preached here because unlike last years, this team if they come together and buy into Byron's system will be a big surprise.

Last edited by JayLida on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Ok guys be honest here. I just want to know if I wasn't the only one who saw the thread title of...

"What the Lakers team looked like last night"

... and expected to see an embedded image of a pile of poop or something to that effect.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What part did I miss?

Honestly two four I had more faith in that squad then I do in what I'm seeing now.

I didn't change channels last season because I had a feeling the team would respond. Maybe they wouldn't win but they would hustle and make a game of it. This squad does not seem to be of that ilk.

I'm not a happy camper

Nash was not right, Lin was out, Clarkson was out, Kelly was out, Young was out, Scott has been working the crap out of them and ran the legs off of them on purpose (per Emplay) to give them dead legs, and he held out their best rim defender. I think you might not be watching the product LA will be putting on the floor this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: