What the Lakers team looked like last night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
zePokar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
Just for perspective, the clippers and thunder are a combined 1-4, and both have given up more points oer game than the Lakers. And Utah is 3-0 while holding opponents to the lowest scoring average in the league.

Yeah, though for me, it's not the W/L record that concerns me.

It's what I'm watching.

Nash still looks broken. Kobe looks slow. Davis has emerged which is a nice surprise. Boozer is Boozer.

What's weird is 3 games in and I still don't know what we are good at (as a team). Is it just me? Like, what's our bread and butter?

Lakers are only, what? A few weeks into training camp? 7 new players. A new coach with essentially their 4th offense in as many years. Rotation players already out on injury (though, not serious)

I mean, I share the sentiment.. but it's 1) too early.. and 2) theres too many variables.

Hahahaha. We've been saying this for what ... 3 seasons now?

It's not too early. There have been many teams that had a lot of new pieces and clicked right away.

There are also some teams that took a while. And most (but not all) never really got things clicking (see Nets, Brooklyn 2013-2014).

I'm not expecting us to click right away. I'm looking for simple things. The emergence of a second option, for instance. Then we'll worry about clicking.

Sounds like your expectations are too high. The Lakers WILL play way better than what we so far but will still have a really hard time to make the playoffs. The talent just isn't there.

Too high? I have us penciled (not penned) in for 35-39 wins. So far I've seen nothing to change that.

I think the playoffs are so far out of reach for this team that it is almost an impossibility. Thought that before preseason, and think that now.

Then no need to freak out too much. The team will play better than what we saw the last game, we have a few players coming back from injury too. The team should meet your expectations.

Not sure where you get the freaking out thing from. That's specifically what I don't do. I'm a flat line, all the time (until the final buzzer sounds and the championship is ours).
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

Allright, I must have misinterpreted what you said then. No worries.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Voices wrote:
24 wrote:
Just for perspective, the clippers and thunder are a combined 1-4, and both have given up more points oer game than the Lakers. And Utah is 3-0 while holding opponents to the lowest scoring average in the league.

Do you think the Lakers are going in the right direction?

I do not see shooters/scorers, although X and Young should help tremendously, I know some are not X supporters, but he is a slasher/scorer, he draws fouls, so does Young. But Kobe and Nash could do nothing against GS defense, that was alarming. Boozer so far has also looked slow and Wes has looked like he does not belong in the NBA, Hill has not shown up with his usual energy. The one bright spot is Davis he has NBA athletic talent and skill level. Randle IMO needs to start, the Lakers need his physical body and ability to get his shot off in traffic.

I think Scott needs to take a good look at who starts, he can't start a bunch of slow older players.

To your point about the Clips and Thunder giving up more points than the Lakers, the Lakers are having trouble scoring as well as giving up points, that is a concern.

As amazing as this sounds ... our team FG% through 3 games would actually drop if Xavier Henry played and shot his career average or the season average of any NBA season that he's ever played in for the entirety of his career.

So I'm not sure how I can assume that that would help tremendously.

Nick Young, I'd agree, but that's a lot of jumpers we're going to have to rely on. #notgoodinthehood

X is a scorer not a pure shooter although his 3 point % is around 35% which is decent. The point with X is he breaks the defense down with his penetration, so some of his misses become offensive rebounds. Also he is still a developing player, he does have upside. He is athletic and should be able to play defense for Scott.

The jury is still out on X.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

I like X a lot, but his nickname to me is X-Ray.

And that's unfortunate.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I like X a lot, but his nickname to me is X-Ray.

And that's unfortunate.

Meaning he gets hurt often, right now that applies to many Lakers unfortunately, Nash and Kobe with their combined 35 mil contracts lead the injured. It remains to be seen if Kobe and Nash can stay healthy, along with X-Ray.

I really like Scott but he just might be in another hopeless situation.
This team is paper thin in talent, injures on the top of little depth can make for another long season.
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

can't believe you are hoping x will save the day, he is athletically gifted, but that's it. Wes Johnson is a passive willow, both guys are D league. Great players don't miss two handed breakaway dunks, my mom can make that shot, what a disgrace to what was once a stellar franchise.
The fact that the Lakers have no three point shooters, means the lakers will be outscored 3 to 2 on every possession if they're lucky in this top heavy league with 3 pt shooters, case in point was what happened against GS.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: