Mid season trade for an impact player is likely IMO.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Wonder if Nash, rockets pick and clarkson can land us rondo.

Rondo is injured. Why would you trade for another injured player. Plus, he's a headcase.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I would try to trade for MCW even if injured. Don't know if we have enough though.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

The difference between now & when we got Gasol, our team actually had assets. Odom, JCrit, Farmar, M.Gasol, and actual first round picks. Now we have what? Clarkson, Kelly & hou 1st round pick. Not a lot of value outside of Randle
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I think jhill has some good value besides Nashs expiring and the Hou pick.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Palin wrote:

Rondo is injured. Why would you trade for another injured player. Plus, he's a headcase.

How is Rondo a headcase? He's a competitor. When I think of headcases, guys like JR Smith of the Knicks come to mind.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Palin wrote:

How is Rondo a headcase? He's a competitor. When I think of headcases, guys like JR Smith of the Knicks come to mind.

There was a report that Rondo had an altercation with Doc rivers.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Palin wrote:

There was a report that Rondo had an altercation with Doc rivers.

Without knowing the details behind it or whether it was even true, it's hardly enough evidence to label him a headcase.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

There are a lot of "rumors" regarding Rondo and his issues with his college coach at Kentucky, Tubby Smith, Doc. Rivers, Ray Allen and a few with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. I don't even pay attention to Celtic basketball but enough of these stories come out, you gotta start to wonder.

Personally, I'd just assume stay with Lin at a reasonable price and whatever the Lakers save by not signing Rondo be used to find a small forward or center.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Rondo and Kobe would knife each other within a week.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Rondo when healthy can be a pretty devastating player. But is a disaster to pair with Kobe since Kobe needs the ball in his hands. Rondo can't shoot so what's his purpose?

Just imagine if Kobe could be paired with a killer 3 point shooting point guard (who doesn't get hurt lifting bags ).
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Rondo sucks and he is a headcase. Local radio here slams him all the time. The Celts have repeatedly tried to trade him with no takers. He has had countless encounters with both coaches and teamates. When he was younger, they excepted all his hangups. His play no longer outweighs his baggage. He can not hit a shot to save his life, and his defensive prowess is a thing of the past.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

I hope not. We don't need a guy on the wrong side of his prime, coming off of injury, and an upcoming FA.
DatDo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure we can get Cousins from the Queens for peanuts. Those guys are a loser franchise and always make boneheaded moves.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

MCW anyone? His trade value might be at an all-time low and we all know Philly has been shopping him. I would take an injured MCW now any day of the week if it means being set at PG for the next decade.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
MCW anyone? His trade value might be at an all-time low and we all know Philly has been shopping him. I would take an injured MCW now any day of the week if it means being set at PG for the next decade.

I don't think we have anything Philly would want. We are not going to give up Randle so I don't see us getting him unless they want Clarkson, Kelly, and Houston's 1st.

If we were to get MCW I'd package him with Hill and Nash to Indiana for Hibbert which would solve our need of getting a C who can play defense and protect the rim.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Rondo sucks and he is a headcase. Local radio here slams him all the time. The Celts have repeatedly tried to trade him with no takers. He has had countless encounters with both coaches and teamates. When he was younger, they excepted all his hangups. His play no longer outweighs his baggage. He can not hit a shot to save his life, and his defensive prowess is a thing of the past.

Exactly but don't say that here he's an LG favorite.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I don't think we have anything Philly would want. We are not going to give up Randle so I don't see us getting him unless they want Clarkson, Kelly, and Houston's 1st.

If we were to get MCW I'd package him with Hill and Nash to Indiana for Hibbert which would solve our need of getting a C who can play defense and protect the rim.

Clarkson, Kelly, and the pick might be intriguing by the deadline depending on how these guys perform. We'll see.

No to Hibbert specially for our PG of the future if we were to get him. You crazy? Why would you do that when you can just offer the max at DeAndre Jordan or Marc in the summer? If they don't take it, go for second tier guys like Asik and Robin Lopez. Really a horrible trade for us.

I wouldn't mind trading for Hibbert if we can't get a guy like MCW for Kelly Clarkson and the pick though.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
There are a lot of "rumors" regarding Rondo and his issues with his college coach at Kentucky, Tubby Smith, Doc. Rivers, Ray Allen and a few with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. I don't even pay attention to Celtic basketball but enough of these stories come out, you gotta start to wonder.

Personally, I'd just assume stay with Lin at a reasonable price and whatever the Lakers save by not signing Rondo be used to find a small forward or center.

Didn't the Celtics owner say in a recent interview that he thought Rondo was uncoachable? That is a red flag of epic proportions.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I'd personally rather see MCW in Minnesotta honestly in a straight up trade for Rubio.

Imagine that team in 2 years

MCW
LaVine
Wiggins
Bennett/ Thad Young
Dieng

All on rookie contracts and with cap space.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I'd personally rather see MCW in Minnesotta honestly in a straight up trade for Rubio.

MCW
LaVine
Wiggins
Bennett/ Thad Young
Dieng

So are you a Lakers fan or what?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
MJST wrote:

MCW
LaVine
Wiggins
Bennett/ Thad Young
Dieng

So are you a Lakers fan or what?

Of course I am. But I'm also realistic. MCW landing in Los Angeles has a very low chance of happening and they wouldn't do it for a pick that isn't in the lottery or an expiring contract and they aren't taking Nash. MCW for Rubio would make sense for both sides and the T'Wolves have an earlier draft pick to give away so that makes more sense.

For the Lakers landing MCW is probably a memory. They picked Embiid and not Exum, that was their way of backing out of any kind of deal with us for our pick for MCW. We're happy with Randle.

So realistically MCW isn't a target for the Lakers, so I said where I'd like for a guy like MCW to wind up that's possible so he can get out of the losing atmosphere of Philly that can bring down a players morale like his that wants to win. Minnesota is a perfect spot i'd love to see him grow.

As far as whom realistically could wind up a Laker this season for any kind of significance? I do not know yet, would like to see how guys look around February. That should give a good idea where some players stand and who may be available to the Lakers at that time.
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject:

We have some pieces to move around. I'd move Hill for a legit-sized C because even though he's as good as he is, we have Davis, who gives us the same thing basically...team needs to be more balanced IMO
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject:

ForrestHump wrote:
We have some pieces to move around. I'd move Hill for a legit-sized C

Can you name one better than Hill that's even worth getting that doesn't lock up 15 million over the next 2 years that a team would really straight up trade for him after we'd guaranteed him his 2nd year(which is what we'd have to do to be able to trade Hill)?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ForrestHump wrote:
We have some pieces to move around. I'd move Hill for a legit-sized C

Can you name one better than Hill that's even worth getting that doesn't lock up 15 million over the next 2 years that a team would really straight up trade for him after we'd guaranteed him his 2nd year(which is what we'd have to do to be able to trade Hill)?

Pau Gasol. Dwight Howard.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Rondo and Kobe would knife each other within a week.

Ha ha . . . I don't think Rondo would have chance. No way Kobe's bringing a knife to a knife fight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: