Steve Nash is Dealing with Nerve Issues Again "Doesn't Feel Right"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

sammo wrote:

if you want to win championship in this league, you have to make bold moves. lakers went for all or nothing, and to a degree, i support because what's the point of making it to the playoffs if you have no chance of winning the finals? might as well not have gone to the playoffs at all.

I'm presuming that you were in favor of tanking last year.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

what a freakin BUM
sandeezy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

He was going bowling with Bynum
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Steve Nash is a joke and an embarrassment to the Laker franchise. He doesn't want to earn his pay.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

This was a trap by the suns organization and the lakers fell for it.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I can not believe Steve Nash has the nerve to do this to the Lakers again.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

8 pages later I gotta ask, can't they have some of his contract covered by insurance if he plays something like less than 10 games? I know there was something last year about it.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:

Nash was sent here from Phoenix to destroy the Lakers from inside out.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject:

Please just pay him his money and send him home. Maybe another team will bite on Steve Nash's Expiring Contract. Enough pretending that he can be relied on for anything.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject:

Nash is done, I'm so curious as to why we are delaying the inevitable?
He needs to medically retire yesterday, c'mon guy do us all a favor, who cares if we get nothing, it hurts just watching you try to participate. Do your family some good and bow out gracefully now..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject:

This is a real distraction. Come out and say Lin is the starter, no if ands and buts.

Let Nash come off the bench and give whatever/whenever he can. All this back and forth about Nash should cease at this point.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
8 pages later I gotta ask, can't they have some of his contract covered by insurance if he plays something like less than 10 games? I know there was something last year about it.

Yes, but only, I believe, if he can medically retire. (As opposed to retire because of age). The NBA's doctors have to determine if his condition prevents playing further, or, if rest or treatment might allow the player to play.

I don't know the exact details of Nash's injury and I'm not a doctor. But he's 41. Is he unable to play because his injury permanently prevents him from doing so? Or is he unable to play because he is old and injured, and recovering from this injury would take so long and still be unpredictable? If it's the former, we might get that relief. If it's the latter, we won't.

The age factor I think complicates this. Just curious. Let's say it was a torn ACL. Nash would essentially be out for the season, so he should retire, but even if he plays less than 10 games, I don't think we'd get cap relief, right?

Otherwise, every "old" person who plans to retire could just help their team out by saying they have a sprained ankle or whatever.

In any event, I don't think Nash wants to go out like this. I think he'll try to play, and at the very least, want to have a "farewell" of sorts either in the last game of the season, or maybe even the last game @ Phoenix.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is a real distraction. Come out and say Lin is the starter, no if ands and buts.

Let Nash come off the bench and give whatever/whenever he can. All this back and forth about Nash should cease at this point.

Yes, well said.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Yes, but only, I believe, if he can medically retire. (As opposed to retire because of age). The NBA's doctors have to determine if his condition prevents playing further, or, if rest or treatment might allow the player to play.

I don't know the exact details of Nash's injury and I'm not a doctor. But he's 41. Is he unable to play because his injury permanently prevents him from doing so? Or is he unable to play because he is old and injured, and recovering from this injury would take so long and still be unpredictable? If it's the former, we might get that relief. If it's the latter, we won't.

The age factor I think complicates this. Just curious. Let's say it was a torn ACL. Nash would essentially be out for the season, so he should retire, but even if he plays less than 10 games, I don't think we'd get cap relief, right?

Otherwise, every "old" person who plans to retire could just help their team out by saying they have a sprained ankle or whatever.

In any event, I don't think Nash wants to go out like this. I think he'll try to play, and at the very least, want to have a "farewell" of sorts either in the last game of the season, or maybe even the last game @ Phoenix.

When a player medically retires, he doesn't receive his guaranteed money? Why else would Nash say he wants to play for the money?
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
I can not believe Steve Nash has the nerve to do this to the Lakers again.

Nice pun...
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:

what a bogus story. I'm really losing respect for this guy. Just retire already!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

When a player medically retires, he doesn't receive his guaranteed money? Why else would Nash say he wants to play for the money?

This is Nash's last season. Is he retiring because he is old and recovery will take too long? Or is he retiring because he has a condition from which he cannot possibly recover? Not sure we know that.

If he tore his ACL, I'm not sure he could medically retire because you can recover from that and play. Unless you're old and weren't going to anyway.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject:

get well soon Nash
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

BYE FELICIA!!!!!!
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

1020 wrote:
It hurts me seeing Nash like this.

I feel the same way. He does not deserve this. Wish him a speedy recovery.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:

This was not a trap as we all fell in love with having one of the greatest pg to ever play the game play for us. Unfortunately GM's, owners, fans, and sports media fall in love with the name on the jersey and forget major factors such as age, nagging injuries, and inability to heal.
These should have been clues to lay off of Nash. Lakers at that time with a new Time Warner contract etc. wanted impact players and great ticket sales, they got that but forgot that mr time would eventually win.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree with your point that Lin should just be named the starter outright ... but I disagree that it's that much of a distraction. The preseason isn't yet halfway finished.
purple.23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Wha? Like the Lemon Law?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:
Steve Nash is a joke and an embarrassment to the Laker franchise. He doesn't want to earn his pay.

That is pretty much the opposite of the truth as one can get. Nice job.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:

The amazing part was how the Suns managed to get Nash to break a bone in his leg in his second Laker game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: