OFFICIAL Front Office and General Ongoing P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Personally, taking 3 to 4 years to rebuild seems reasonable and the Lakers are only on year 2.

1. Purge the remaining high price players (Nash and Kobe left)
2. Start building the foundation with high draft choices. (Randall, Clarkson, this years draft)
3. Fill in with a couple of superstar free agents.
4. Get into the playoffs and let the team gel.
5. Win the Championship.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers need to build thru the draft....
That means they need to concentrate all their efforts into getting the highest draft pick possible this season. Everything will fall into place once they can get a solid core of young players.

that's the problem... they are not doing it

No? Last time I checked our starting lineup was Sacre-Hill-Kelly-Ellington-Clarkson.

no.. we still have hill, boozer and lin on our team, and i am pretty sure neither will be here next year (you can throw e.davis in too). so what's the point in keeping them?

giving up any of those players would make us worse.. in other words: maximize our chance

You answered your question. We're not keeping them. They're not here next year. And that's why nobody will trade for them.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
That means they need to concentrate all their efforts into getting the highest draft pick possible this season. Everything will fall into place once they can get a solid core of young players.

No? Last time I checked our starting lineup was Sacre-Hill-Kelly-Ellington-Clarkson.

no.. we still have hill, boozer and lin on our team, and i am pretty sure neither will be here next year (you can throw e.davis in too). so what's the point in keeping them?

giving up any of those players would make us worse.. in other words: maximize our chance

You answered your question. We're not keeping them. They're not here next year. And that's why nobody will trade for them.

i was obviously talking about this year

and them not being here next year has nothing to do with them not being tradeable..

everyone knew dragic wouldn't be in phoenix next year, but guess what? he got traded
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

Troublesome626 wrote:
Is it safe to say that only making our first round pick top five protected to PHX which now belongs to Philly is the worst of the two moves between letting Dwight walk for nothing?

I bet they draft a Center if we lose our pick to them.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

32 wrote:
Since somebody bumped this thread I need to vent a little bit. I hated that $48 million dollar contract extension the Lakers gave Kobe the day it was announced and I hate it even more now. That contract extension is a big reason why the Lakers franchise has been historically bad last season and this season. And I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for next season. Kobe's basketball contract value for next year will be worth no more that $8-$10 million next year and that might be a little generous.

I don't think his contract matters. The problem is way bigger than Kobe. We had money to sign people/retain people but they struck out. This current regime so far has shown they can't close on free agents. Then you add that we owe multiple future 1st rd picks and its a mess. This front office is behind on this new CBA and the computer geeks are 100 steps ahead of them.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
Is it safe to say that only making our first round pick top five protected to PHX which now belongs to Philly is the worst of the two moves between letting Dwight walk for nothing?

If they end up with our pick there possibilities of landing a good center & PG/Wing player are really good. That PHX's trade has to be the worst decision the FO has made.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Not sure Mitch can turn this around. Jerry West had the vision to get Kobe for Divac where as Mitch wasted 3 years of prime Kobe by assembling crap players around him. God knows how long that could have gone on had Kobe not put them under pressure and West gave us Gasol. Now there's no all time great like Kobe nor good trade assets like Gasol, Bynum. This will show what Mitch's real capabilities are.

Kobe did not put the team under pressure to get Gasol, Bynum's injury did. And it was months after Kobe threw his tantrum. And Jerry West was nowhere near the Griz when the Gasol trade was made.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

i was obviously talking about this year

and them not being here next year has nothing to do with them not being tradeable..

everyone knew dragic wouldn't be in phoenix next year, but guess what? he got traded

Last time I checked, the team has won one game in the last month or so.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Last time I checked, the team has won one game in the last month or so.

i know.. but why not shoot for zero?!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:

I don't think his contract matters. The problem is way bigger than Kobe. We had money to sign people/retain people but they struck out. This current regime so far has shown they can't close on free agents. Then you add that we owe multiple future 1st rd picks and its a mess. This front office is behind on this new CBA and the computer geeks are 100 steps ahead of them.

Here is a link to the Speakers - Presenters at the upcoming Sloan Conference that will be next weekend:

List of speakers for the 2015 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

Here is a link to the Speakers - Presenters at the upcoming Sloan Conference that will be next weekend:

They should invite Charles Barkley as keynote speaker.
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
32 wrote:
Since somebody bumped this thread I need to vent a little bit. I hated that $48 million dollar contract extension the Lakers gave Kobe the day it was announced and I hate it even more now. That contract extension is a big reason why the Lakers franchise has been historically bad last season and this season. And I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for next season. Kobe's basketball contract value for next year will be worth no more that $8-$10 million next year and that might be a little generous.

If you want to look at it another way. Kobe's contract allowed us to not spend money on average free agents that would of kept the lakers middling. Instead the lakers signed scrubs on one year contracts and when Kobe got injured, we are able to tank for a top 5 pick. Which will be the fastest way to rebuild this team.

What if Kobe's contract was a stealth tank move by the FO? It kind of makes sense.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

Rockets and Celtics well represented. No Lakers in sight.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Kind of sad watching all these moves...and nothing for the Lakers.

I dont' have any faith in this front office...their only plan is to tank harder.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:

If they end up with our pick there possibilities of landing a good center & PG/Wing player are really good. That PHX's trade has to be the worst decision the FO has made.

They have 3 centers already (Embiid, Noel, McGee). And two were taken in consecutive drafts after drafting and trading away Vucevic for bynum.

They need another Center in the draft the way we need another losing season...not at all.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

What do you mean? MDA is on the list of speakers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:

They have 3 centers already (Embiid, Noel, McGee). And two were taken in consecutive drafts after drafting and trading away Vucevic for bynum.

They need another Center in the draft the way we need another losing season...not at all.

lol I don't think they care they just want the best players available they can always trade one of them and get a massive return. Can you image if they land Okafor Or Towns? They can trade Emiidd and get a huge package back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

I dont' have any faith in this front office...their only plan is to tank harder.

Yeah, I'd prefer if they softened up on the tank a bit, made it more sporting and all.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I think the FO did the right thing in staying the course. There was really nothing out there besides Dragic and we had very limited assets. The ones we do have I would hold onto myself i.e. Randle and Clarkson.

The only two teams that I see improving from all this movement are OKC and Portland. I thought those two GM's did a heck of a job.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Yeah, I'd prefer if they softened up on the tank a bit, made it more sporting and all.

I just realized your icon was a toy tank....
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
Personally, taking 3 to 4 years to rebuild seems reasonable and the Lakers are only on year 2.

1. Purge the remaining high price players (Nash and Kobe left)
2. Start building the foundation with high draft choices. (Randall, Clarkson, this years draft)
3. Fill in with a couple of superstar free agents.
4. Get into the playoffs and let the team gel.
5. Win the Championship.

Sounds good on paper.

However, the problem is with the implementation of the plan.

Are you saying it is going to take another 3 to 4 years or we are in year 2 and we will compete next year (year 3)
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Im struggling to find any reason at all to watch the Lakers this season. they didnt even brought any young players to develop on the season's second half. Hopefully they bring some d league studs soon. I dont know, its really pretty (bleep) ugly out there
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

No idea how to do it, but maybe we can find out if anyone from the Lakers will be in attendance.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

No idea how to do it, but maybe we can find out if anyone from the Lakers will be in attendance.

Can Jesse Buss even count?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

PM Luca
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 63 of 75
Jump to: