OFFICIAL Front Office and General Ongoing P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Finnisher wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tony smith wrote:
This was the decision that needed to have been made in the off season. It wasn't... and now here we are.

FO is scared of pissing off fans by sucking so they tried to patch together a semi-competitive team. Boozer?!?! But their fear will only perpetuate more sucking and more fan anger if we lose our pick this year.

If we lose our pick, we are screwed for the foreseeable future.

we'll get a top 10 pick next year...

But it is crazy to know that the FO won't tank mostly because of the fans. smh

The Lakers will only have a top-10 pick if it is in the top-5 since the pick is top-5 protected hence the Lakers keep it in that case otherwise as I understand it Minny will get the pick below top-5.

Currently the Lakers will NOT have the pick (ping balls aside) based on just the standings alone as of now (which impacts lottery pick odds).

Top-10 in the 2016 draft. Lakers will be better next season but still in the lottery.

The Lakers gave up their own first round pick in the 2015 draft to the Suns when they acquired Nash, that pick can only be retained by the Lakers if they end up in the top-5 since it is top-5 protected so they lose it as of the current standings since they have the 6th worst record at this time.

So the Lakers will not have a first round pick at all next year (2015) unless they end up worse in the standings than they apparently are now.

So I'm not sure what you mean by the Lakers are "still in the lottery" next year?

It all depends upon there position in the standings at the end of the year. It will be either top-5 or nothing in the next (2015) draft.

As to 2016, yes as long as the Lakers do not improve much they will most certainly have a lottery pick in 2016.

Hmmm, now that I think more about it, you're only talking about 2016 perhaps and that because they will still not likely be that much improved your saying they will have a lottery pick....

.... Yep, in that case I agree.... (probably what you meant in the first place , I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes )

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Finnisher wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tony smith wrote:
This was the decision that needed to have been made in the off season. It wasn't... and now here we are.

FO is scared of pissing off fans by sucking so they tried to patch together a semi-competitive team. Boozer?!?! But their fear will only perpetuate more sucking and more fan anger if we lose our pick this year.

The Lakers will only have a top-10 pick if it is in the top-5 since the pick is top-5 protected hence the Lakers keep it in that case otherwise as I understand it Minny will get the pick below top-5.

Currently the Lakers will NOT have the pick (ping balls aside) based on just the standings alone as of now (which impacts lottery pick odds).

Top-10 in the 2016 draft. Lakers will be better next season but still in the lottery.

The Lakers gave up their own first round pick in the 2015 draft to the Suns when they acquired Nash, that pick can only be retained by the Lakers if they end up in the top-5 since it is top-5 protected so they lose it as of the current standings since they have the 6th worst record at this time.

So the Lakers will not have a first round pick at all next year (2015) unless they end up worse in the standings than they apparently are now.

So I'm not sure what you mean by the Lakers are "still in the lottery" next year?

It all depends upon there position in the standings at the end of the year. It will be either top-5 or nothing in the next (2015) draft.

As to 2016, yes as long as the Lakers do not improve much they will most certainly have a lottery pick in 2016.

Hmmm, now that I think more about it, you're only talking about 2016 perhaps and that because they will still not be that much improved your saying they will have a lottery pick....

.... Yep, in that case I agree....

right right right. cmon bruh, we all know it's top 5 protected this year. but next season we'll keep our pick, and it'll be top 10 probably.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Next season, not year.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
If they gave Kobe that big contract and they knew he could still play at a high level, then there should be no reason to tank. They should've gone all in, and tried to stay competitive. They're spending 23 million on Lin and Hill, I think they could've spent that money better.

On who? no one wants to play for this Lakers mess that the owner and the GM created. There was NO better option. Howard said F this, Gasol said im out too. Until the Lakers get some young talent on the team, players are going to avoid this team like the plague.

I know what your saying. The lakers were considered the gold standard when jerry buss was around. That gave them a definite edge. Now? Who knows? Still, we could've paired Kobe with Thomas, milsap, ariza (along with young) You have a competitive team there for the same price. Just an option, seems better then this cr**.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Next year actually looks ok. We've finally cut the Steve Nash cord, so no more half measures at the PG slot. Lin obviously isn't working out alongside Kobe so he'll either be traded or walk after the season. If the GREAT Ronnie Price is willing to give up his starting slot and move to the bench we can pick up a real PG and another PG. Julius Randle should be able to give us 20-25 minutes/game? somewhere in there. Jordan Clarkson should be able to contribute as well as Ryan Kelly. Nick Young will be back.

Wes Johnson will be GONE! off to play in Europe or some place...

The Houston 1st round pick will either be used in trade or give us another young player, either way, a new body will come in.

Maybe Ed Davis pulls a Bynum in the offseason and comes back ripped and angry...

pick up a few free agents, they don't have to be top tier and I'm pretty sure we could put a beatdown on UCLA...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Finnisher wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tony smith wrote:

Hmmm, now that I think more about it, you're only talking about 2016 perhaps and that because they will still not be that much improved your saying they will have a lottery pick....

right right right. cmon bruh, we all know it's top 5 protected this year. but next season we'll keep our pick, and it'll be top 10 probably.

My bad, I didn't realize that Finnisher was ONLY talking about 2016 actually. .... I'm getting

.... OK.... I'll shutup now

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Finnisher wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tony smith wrote:

My bad, I didn't realize that Finnisher was ONLY talking about 2016 actually. .... I'm getting

.... OK.... I'll shutup now

no youre not
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

It is understandable when someone uses the word "year" when they mean "season".
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers, IMO are still in the stage of deciding what to do with the direction of the team, before they decide to trade players for Immediate help or think about acquiring future assets for players like Hill or Lin or even Kobe....

it looks like Deron Williams is headed to the Kings... that's another WC rival getting significantly better.
Tagurt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I know what your saying. The lakers were considered the gold standard when jerry buss was around. That gave them a definite edge. Now? Who knows? Still, we could've paired Kobe with Thomas, milsap, ariza (along with young) You have a competitive team there for the same price. Just an option, seems better then this cr**.

Neither IT nor Ariza were linked with the Lakers in trade rumors. In fact, I don't recall a single FA expressing interest in coming here. The two 'FA' that we got was keeping Young and Hill with a ridiculous price tag. Other FAs knows they will get chewed out like Howard did if the team doesn't do well, and they also know that with 20 mil of capspace they will need to take a discount as well as convince another FA to come here at a bargain. Which FA would do the Lakers such a favor?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

I'm still hanging on to Jim's three year plan. However, after seeing what Cuban is doing, has done, I'm slowly losing confidence in Jim.

Cuban was criticized for breaking up the 2011 championship team. It was said he didn't have good basketball knowledge. Look at them now.

Maybe I should take into consideration, they haven't done anything since but are on the rise in year 3. I'm hoping Jim will have similar success.

I hold on to next years roster being stronger and decent talent youth wise. A roster that year after next can be built into a contender. We'll have Kobe money and some good picks.

It's not hard being a Laker fan, it's hard seeing them lose.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are following the same route that the Mavs took. Only minus the breaking up of a title team, the Lakers let theirs break up organically.
Tagurt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lakers are following the same route that the Mavs took. Only minus the breaking up of a title team, the Lakers let theirs break up organically.

They took the same route if you don't care about the differences.

Mavs:

1. Dirk took a 16 mil paycut for his 2011-2014 extension which allowed the Mavs to sign Chandler followed by Ellis and Calderon.

2. Dirk took another paycut this offseason which allowed them to sign Parsons. With the team being good enough they were able to swing a trade for Chandler and now Rondo. Chandler and Rondo are cancer on terrible teams so the Mavs had to be a decent team in order to do this.

Lakers:

1. The Lakers handicapped themselves with a 83 mil extension to Kobe and 60 mil to Pau from 2012-14. They quickly dumped Odom after the veto because they don't want to hear him whine. Nevermind that Kobe had whined for months about leaving LA for Pluto.

2. The only major acquisition that the Lakers could make was via trade. Howard didn't want to come here, and Nash only wanted to come here so he can avoid paying alimony.

3. And then the Kobe extension happened, which kills off any potential interest any FA would have for the Lakers.

Funnily enough, for all the talk that Kobe(at least initially) and some fans had about how the Lakers still have capsace they were only able to use that capspace by trade(Lin) and the amnesty waiver(Boozer). Again, they had to acquire players that had no say on where they're headed. Their prized FAs were guys that are already on the team and they had to be overpaid to convince them to stay.

But yes, the Lakers is taking the same route. These are just minor details.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

The Mavs began by saving cap space for the off season to chase the big name FAs. Sound familiar?
Tagurt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Mavs began by saving cap space for the off season to chase the big name FAs. Sound familiar?

Not sure where the parallel is coming from. The Lakers actually got a big name and they decided that he's not good enough for them. Cuban was willing to give Ellis a back massage even as he had to watch his team get blown out by the Spurs in game 7. The treatment that players get in Dallas compared to the players in the Lakers organization is night and day unless your name is Kobe Bean Bryant.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Next year actually looks ok. We've finally cut the Steve Nash cord, so no more half measures at the PG slot. Lin obviously isn't working out alongside Kobe so he'll either be traded or walk after the season. If the GREAT Ronnie Price is willing to give up his starting slot and move to the bench we can pick up a real PG and another PG. Julius Randle should be able to give us 20-25 minutes/game? somewhere in there. Jordan Clarkson should be able to contribute as well as Ryan Kelly. Nick Young will be back.

Wes Johnson will be GONE! off to play in Europe or some place...

The Houston 1st round pick will either be used in trade or give us another young player, either way, a new body will come in.

Maybe Ed Davis pulls a Bynum in the offseason and comes back ripped and angry...

pick up a few free agents, they don't have to be top tier and I'm pretty sure we could put a beatdown on UCLA...

maybe. UCLA was just spotting Kentucky some baskets. they just needed a few more minutes.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

the Mavs were building around Dirk who is also 36 years old. Dirk has given the scoring up to Ellis and is only playing 30 mpg....and still averages 18.6 ppg.

Kobe did not take a pay cut. Kobe does not want someone else to be the #1 option. Kobe does not want to play 30 mpg.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Front office should hire D'antoni as a "consultant" and tell Byron that he has to work with him.

If Byron quits as a result, offer D'antoni 3 yrs.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Front office should hire D'antoni as a "consultant" and tell Byron that he has to work with him.

If Byron quits as a result, offer D'antoni 3 yrs.

If D'antoni come, Byron can take another important job which watching the waterpot.
xenojoey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

We really need a coach to come in and take control. Right now there is no system and mostly ISOs. There is no basketball IQ required in this system. That is why players just stand around and watch. Byron does not criticize Kobe on all his ISOs, but in postgame interviews he blames players for standing around. This guy is contradicting himself, which results in confused players on the floor
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

xenojoey wrote:
We really need a coach to come in and take control. Right now there is no system and mostly ISOs. There is no basketball IQ required in this system. That is why players just stand around and watch. Byron does not criticize Kobe on all his ISOs, but in postgame interviews he blames players for standing around. This guy is contradicting himself, which results in confused players on the floor

Don't think, it will take long for Scott to officially put the Lakers season as a "lost cause"...... it's obvious he has lost the team and the only solution is to trade half of the players and send them to places were they can contribute to a better situation.... this whole thing might get worse.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

the Mavs were building around Dirk who is also 36 years old. Dirk has given the scoring up to Ellis and is only playing 30 mpg....and still averages 18.6 ppg.

Kobe did not take a pay cut. Kobe does not want someone else to be the #1 option. Kobe does not want to play 30 mpg.

That has nothing to do with what the FO is trying to do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject:

Tagurt wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not sure where the parallel is coming from. The Lakers actually got a big name and they decided that he's not good enough for them. Cuban was willing to give Ellis a back massage even as he had to watch his team get blown out by the Spurs in game 7. The treatment that players get in Dallas compared to the players in the Lakers organization is night and day unless your name is Kobe Bean Bryant.

Yeah, in Dallas you can win a title and then your team will be dismantled before the parade is over. Fantastic way to treat players who just won your first title. Compared to the Lakers who give championship teams the chance to defend their title.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Unfortunately, it happened very late in Kobe's career. In Dirk, the Mavs have an efficient, team-first player still playing at a very high level (and at bargain contract no less).

In Kobe, the Lakers have an efficiency-killing I-eat-first-player that will dissuade any big FAs from joining until he is gone.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

How pathetic was that Mitch interview where he was basically a used car sales man...a poor one at that.....telling fans to buy tickets and come watch Kobe play. I was disgusted. Pathetic. Laker leadership is horrid
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 47 of 75
Jump to: