OFFICIAL Front Office and General Ongoing P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe209
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject:

The luke walton trade was pure genius at the time. Nobody thought he could get that contract off the books, AND they got Ramon Sessions (played FANTASTIC until mike brown ruined him by forcing him to slow down the tempo)

Traded cricketty knee Bynum for top center in the game Howard

Got Jordan Hill for AARP Derek Freaking Fisher

Got Nash for draft picks (great deal at the time)

Got Shannon Brown as a throw in on a trade (key piece to title team)

Got Trevor Ariza for Brian freaking Cook and Maurice Evans (80% of lakers fans probably couldnt recognize him out of a lineup lol)

Come on... these are just a few that immediately came to my head.. Mitch is the master at getting under-valued talent in drafts and trade (sasha vujacic, farmar, clarkson, walton)

IG: wywsabaywb
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
The luke walton trade was pure genius at the time. Nobody thought he could get that contract off the books, AND they got Ramon Sessions (played FANTASTIC until mike brown ruined him by forcing him to slow down the tempo)

Traded cricketty knee Bynum for top center in the game Howard

Got Jordan Hill for AARP Derek Freaking Fisher

Got Nash for draft picks (great deal at the time)

Got Shannon Brown as a throw in on a trade (key piece to title team)

Got Trevor Ariza for Brian freaking Cook and Maurice Evans (80% of lakers fans probably couldnt recognize him out of a lineup lol)

Come on... these are just a few that immediately came to my head.. Mitch is the master at getting under-valued talent in drafts and trade (sasha vujacic, farmar, clarkson, walton)

Mitch has done an impressive job.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers don't end up with a pick after this horror show of a season, I honestly and truly believe Mitch Kupchak should be let go, reassigned, fired...whatever.

That would be inexcusable for a number of reasons. Dude has gotten sloppy and doesn't seem to be in control under the new CBA.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject:

cyrus_the_virus wrote:
Stop calling for Jim's head. He's ownership so wishful thinking. Mitch must be the fall guy in FO.

Exactly, the owner isn't going to fire himself. but if the Lakers botch this and don't end up with a pick (sloppy as hell by Mitch) than it should be Mitch who is sacrificed.

Jimbo isn't canning himself and probably doesn't have the stones to can Mitch either, even though he deserves it at this point.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Mitch shredded this CBA before the signatures were dry.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
If the Lakers don't end up with a pick after this horror show of a season, I honestly and truly believe Mitch Kupchak should be let go, reassigned, fired...whatever.

That would be inexcusable for a number of reasons. Dude has gotten sloppy and doesn't seem to be in control under the new CBA.

Mitch strikes me as an exceptional analyst. He's Tom Hagen, he understands the family business and is top drawer in making recommendations as a consigliere. But Tom is not a wartime consigliere; he isn't someone who will take a hard line against the acting interim Godfather (Sonny in the movie, Fredo in our real-life).

"I never thought you were a bad consigliere. I thought Santino was a bad Don, rest in peace.".
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Mitch strikes me as an exceptional analyst. He's Tom Hagen, he understands the family business and is top drawer in making recommendations as a consigliere. But Tom is not a wartime consigliere; he isn't someone who will take a hard line against the acting interim Godfather (Sonny in the movie, Fredo in our real-life).

"I never thought you were a bad consigliere. I thought Santino was a bad Don, rest in peace.".

Ha ha, excellent point!

It may be time however to make him an offer he can't refuse.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Goodbye Thibs. We don't need you Atkinson. Our ownership can't decide how a basketball franchise should be run so good luck coaching your respective teams next year.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ramona Shelburne
This is a big year for the Lakers front office. Jim Buss has pledged to step down if the franchise isn't heading in the right direction after next season. I'm told it's unlikely GM Mitch Kupchak would remain if Jim Buss stepped down. Thus, big year for both of them and a factor in why they made the move not to pick up their option on Byron Scott.

Say we sign a coach we're happy with, keep our pick, have a decent offseason and win 40ish games. If the trajectory looks good I can imagine Jim walking into a meeting with his siblings like, "Things are going well. I was one year off. I'm not stepping down. Jeanie, good luck getting the votes you need."
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

Jeanie is supposed to be on Cowherds show today...
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject:

As someone who has been an outspoken deadline critic I have to say I'm less and less worried about it.

Jeanie backed off a lot in her recent comments and I think if things continue moving in the right direction and we have a season that shows promise and progress that if Jim goes to his siblings and pleads his case I think they understand. My hope is that Jim is aware of this and doesn't feel like he has to mortgage our future to appease some arbitrary deadline now that things are finally lining up for us.

The caveat of course is that I know nothing about the Buss power dynamic or ambitions of any of the siblings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75
Page 75 of 75
Jump to: