OFFICIAL Front Office and General Ongoing P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaZonaImagery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject:

PJ wouldn't want to torture Laker fans though. so I dont think he would curse the Lakers.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sorry, but this is what happens in a normal NBA cycle....win championships, slowly lose your competitive advantage due to low draft picks and players getting old....of course some teams defy those inhibitors to competitiveness like the Spurs front office. They are the exception rather than the norm. The hated Celtics are where we are now, so I expect our rivalry to renew in the future once again.

The Spurs will go down as well in a couple years. Duncan and Ginobili don't have much time left. They will start getting injured and that will be that...and Pop will retire when that happens.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject:

He'd want to do this to his fiancee's team?
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:

TWC curse.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:

The Steve Nash Curse.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject:

Some of you guys might need to go out, get some fresh air, and maybe a healthier perspective?
LaZonaImagery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject:

But if this curse is true it is a very scary thought about the things that might be affected!
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
More like curse of Byron’s stupid offense

Princeton offense injured our players? I thought that was D'Antoni's offense.
Spoolxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject:

In 2011 we let go some of the best athletic staff personnel in the league, Chip Schaefer and Alex McKechnie. Why? Because they had some sort of relationship with Phil Jackson.

Last edited by Spoolxx on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sorry, but this is what happens in a normal NBA cycle....win championships, slowly lose your competitive advantage due to low draft picks and players getting old....of course some teams defy those inhibitors to competitiveness like the Spurs front office. They are the exception rather than the norm. The hated Celtics are where we are now, so I expect our rivalry to renew in the future once again.

"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

But the team just got a high draft pick in a loaded draft and IMO he looked very promising. Then he suffers a major injury in his first game even though he was only playing a small number of minutes.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

But the team just got a high draft pick in a loaded draft and IMO he looked very promising. Then he suffers a major injury in his first game even though he was only playing a small number of minutes.

I don't see a correlation between that and Phil Jackson....besides Phil wanted a GM job sooner or later....
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Wow perspective. Good post. Also, Realizing the Celtics are where we are at made me feel better.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Mike Brown hiring was worse imo

Mike Brown's Lakers was actually a playoff team though, and remember our reserves were: Steve Blake, Troy Murphy, Josh McRoberts. Not saying Brown was a good coach by any means, but it was 10x better than this garbage.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Yes and no on this being because of a normal nba cycle. There were some dumb decisions made too. Hiring mike brown, hiring MDA with a roster of Kobe, Dwight and Pau,

Letting Dwight and Pau go for nothing. Kobes fat contract on top of all of it. Didn't have to be like this.

Yeah treating Phil like trash during the hiring process didn't help karma. But I think everything really started going down hill since the Dallas series in 2011, and Phils and Pau's poking incident, that's when all the bad stuff started happening, curse of Pau?
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
No. It's the curse of Kobe's arm sleeve. It's brought a lot of bad luck through the years of him wearing it. 2008 Finals, everything about the horrible 2013 season, Kobe and Nash injured again in 2014 and now Steve, Nick and Julius' injuries. Bring back the elbow band, Kobe. That has brought us 5 NBA Championships.

He's right, you guys. That sleeve on Kobe's arm has doomed us all.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes and no on this being because of a normal nba cycle. There were some dumb decisions made too. Hiring mike brown, hiring MDA with a roster of Kobe, Dwight and Pau,

Letting Dwight and Pau go for nothing. Kobes fat contract on top of all of it. Didn't have to be like this.

Yeah treating Phil like trash during the hiring process didn't help karma. But I think everything really started going down hill since the Dallas series in 2011, and Phils and Pau's poking incident, that's when all the bad stuff started happening, curse of Pau?

There were locker room issues in that 2011 team. The curse of Shannon Brown? (some of you will get that)
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

There were locker room issues in that 2011 team. The curse of Shannon Brown? (some of you will get that)

Yeah but... a re-branding would've solved all that. Magic and Kareem enjoyed a new uniform and logo and that's why they won. Okay I made that up, the uniforms and logo were the same, but still! Let's "re-brand" the franchise!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I don't see a correlation between that and Phil Jackson....besides Phil wanted a GM job sooner or later....

I was responding to your comment that the team had low draft picks. I mostly agree with what you said but Randle was not a low pick.
xX KaoTiK Xx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject:

I'd rather have a player miss a shot,turnover,foul,etc to have an effect on a games outcome as curse then players getting injured. Its just not right.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject:

This thread when removed of all seriousness is hella funny.

...curse of the black sleeve? Pure comedy gold.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Mike Brown hiring was worse imo

Brown got us a third seed and into the second round.
alanm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
It was before that. It all starts in the Spring of 2011 when they fired all those long time staffers. Jimbo is paying the piper to the basketball gods

kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

Ya this is most definitely a curse. I blame Jim Buss. That guy is cursed and a loser. By the transitive property his Lakers are cursed and losers.

Seriously. At some point there is no logical explanation. Something has a death grip on the Lakers. We need an exorcist.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
TWC curse.

If it is a curse I'd think it was this.
We all got fat on domination and consistency. Now we've grown impatient, exacerbated by the rise of the Clippers and their new owner threatening our turf. The Nash deal, Kobe's deal and new CBA cap keeping us in neutral will test that lack of patients. We are not used to starting a season with no swagger, no hope for the playoffs or nothing to look forward to (Randle), all the while knowing the front office is unproven and possibly unable to fix this.
I've been a fan of both the Lakers and Rams since 1968 and long for what both teams had going in 2000. This is going to be a rough ride.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 14 of 75
Jump to: