OFFICIAL Media Bashing Kobe Bryant Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

No one else was giving Bosh a full 5 year max. Everyone was shocked that Miami gave it to him. If LeBron leaving cost Wade $$ then it made Bosh $$.

Playing with Lebron lowered bosh's value but he was worth a 5 year max definitely. And I'm sure if Houston had the capspace they would have offered it to him.

Last edited by Rivershow on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
An actual comment I found on NBA.com. Yes, apparently knuckledraggers of this variety are really out there:

Quote:

krespino
October 22, 2014 at 9:41 am

Kobe Bryant should just get the hell out of the NBA!! Enough is enough…
Every single word that article said is hundred percent correct… We are all forced to watch an ugly Kobe show that seems to have no end… This guy thinks he is above the great Lakers franchise, he is bigger than the franchise, he is bigger than basketball… So ugly and despisingly arrogant.
No player should ever think of himself as bigger than the franchise; a player is a player.
“But he has served the franchise in the past…” Damn, if he has served, he has been paid for it…
How long more does the Lakers franchise will have to “pay back”? He can’t play, he couldn’t play the last two playoffs; why would wnybody think he will healhtier at age 36, 37 than when he was 34, 35?
Hey, the Lakers franchise is NOT a basketball franchise anymore, it has become a Kobe stage show, a Kobe circus,
do people realise that? No one is watching the Lakers for the basketball they’re displaying… No one is expecting the Lakers to contend for anything…
Kobe is THE sole factor for the franchise being in this horrible situation; and the whole world knows very well the situation will prevail as long is this guy is around… Enough.
This money-hungry, attention-hungry character has costed the last three years of the franchise; and apparently he will cost many more years. Don’t be surprised if he asks for ANOTHER contract after the two year one ends…
Because he arrogantly says “it will not finish until I say it is finished…” duh.
And, the Lakers will be able to eventually start with any kind of meaningfull rebuilding process after so many years from now; how many more years will it then take for them to compile a really respectable team?
The Lakers have been the laughing stock for the LA Clippers. Kobe is in the center of all that.
All those celebrities can get this ball hog (who in fact shamefully MISSED more shots than any other individual in the history of the NBA…) and make a Vegas show or whatever in which they can watch their Kobe all day long…
But just leave the Lakers franchise alone please, as a basketball organization…
Kobe should look at Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitsky to learn something about grace, about being a man.

I don't know why, but out of all of the stupidity in that post, THAT, to me, is what made it go over the top. It's sad to know that this numbskull is bunched in with the rest of us in the term "Laker fans".
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
An actual comment I found on NBA.com. Yes, apparently knuckledraggers of this variety are really out there:

Quote:

krespino

Every single word that article said is hundred percent correct… We are all forced to watch an ugly Kobe show that seems to have no end… This guy thinks he is above the great Lakers franchise, he is bigger than the franchise, he is bigger than basketball… So ugly and despisingly arrogant.
No player should ever think of himself as bigger than the franchise; a player is a player.
“But he has served the franchise in the past…” Damn, if he has served, he has been paid for it…
How long more does the Lakers franchise will have to “pay back”? He can’t play, he couldn’t play the last two playoffs; why would wnybody think he will healhtier at age 36, 37 than when he was 34, 35?
Hey, the Lakers franchise is NOT a basketball franchise anymore, it has become a Kobe stage show, a Kobe circus,
do people realise that? No one is watching the Lakers for the basketball they’re displaying… No one is expecting the Lakers to contend for anything…
Kobe is THE sole factor for the franchise being in this horrible situation; and the whole world knows very well the situation will prevail as long is this guy is around… Enough.
This money-hungry, attention-hungry character has costed the last three years of the franchise; and apparently he will cost many more years. Don’t be surprised if he asks for ANOTHER contract after the two year one ends…
Because he arrogantly says “it will not finish until I say it is finished…” duh.
And, the Lakers will be able to eventually start with any kind of meaningfull rebuilding process after so many years from now; how many more years will it then take for them to compile a really respectable team?
The Lakers have been the laughing stock for the LA Clippers. Kobe is in the center of all that.
All those celebrities can get this ball hog (who in fact shamefully MISSED more shots than any other individual in the history of the NBA…) and make a Vegas show or whatever in which they can watch their Kobe all day long…
Kobe should look at Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitsky to learn something about grace, about being a man.

KRESPINO is a slang word for CREEP!
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Your question is pointless. There are no most sought after teammates as much as sought after situations. Lebron went to the Cavs with a great situation in Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson. And Kevin Love then saw that is a great situation too to get a championship. I don't know what you are thinking that players in the free agency are thinking who I want to play with the most. That doesn't sound realistic to me. Even with Lebron and Wade they played together, because they were actual friends and then they got bosh to join. That was a great situation for them. I just don't see where you can think that players confront free agency with the question of who they want to play with.

Yeah and LeBron just screwed his great friend to the tune of 11 million bucks. LeBron, Wade and Bosh all opted out in order to land another player and then re-sign again with maybe a small cut in pay. Broke down Wade was owed 42 million for 2 years. After the dust settled he signed for 31 million for 2 years. Lost 11 million. Do you think if he knew LeBron was leaving he would have opted out? Let me help you there. The answer is HELL NO! But LeBron is a good guy. And Kobe is a snake only looking out for himself. Why doesn't Abbot write an article on this story?

If he gets the blame for Wade opting out and losing $11M then does he also get the credit for Bosh opting out and getting an extra $20M?

The bolded is a great point.
Bosh is still servicable. He was going to get paid wherever he went. Houston thought they had him wrapped up to a max deal.
Of the 3 amigos I think Bosh was the third wheel, the ugly girl so to speak. Wade always thought he was really Lebron's friend.

No one else was giving Bosh a full 5 year max. Everyone was shocked that Miami gave it to him. If LeBron leaving cost Wade $$ then it made Bosh $$.

Houston gave Bosh the max offer they could have IIRC. It's just that Miami could offer a lot more
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Consider this. Abbott had this article written and waiting to publish a year ago. Kobe was just coming off what many considered a career ending injury...one sustained while playing his 45th minute in a string of 5 fuill 48 minute games where he was singlehandedly trying to power the Lakers into playoff contention. He was playing some of the best basketball of his life, and saw it all go to waste (I won't blame D'Antoni for his part in this here).

So this pricktard Abbott and the various still pissed Shaq fans would have had us cut ties to Kobe after he basically left everything out on the court for the franchise. I still remember April 12th 2013 like it happened yesterday....it's a day I will never forget.

Basically what happened here with this article, with Abbott, and the bitter Shaq fans is unforgiveable. I will never forget it for sure.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Your question is pointless. There are no most sought after teammates as much as sought after situations. Lebron went to the Cavs with a great situation in Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson. And Kevin Love then saw that is a great situation too to get a championship. I don't know what you are thinking that players in the free agency are thinking who I want to play with the most. That doesn't sound realistic to me. Even with Lebron and Wade they played together, because they were actual friends and then they got bosh to join. That was a great situation for them. I just don't see where you can think that players confront free agency with the question of who they want to play with.

Yeah and LeBron just screwed his great friend to the tune of 11 million bucks. LeBron, Wade and Bosh all opted out in order to land another player and then re-sign again with maybe a small cut in pay. Broke down Wade was owed 42 million for 2 years. After the dust settled he signed for 31 million for 2 years. Lost 11 million. Do you think if he knew LeBron was leaving he would have opted out? Let me help you there. The answer is HELL NO! But LeBron is a good guy. And Kobe is a snake only looking out for himself. Why doesn't Abbot write an article on this story?

If he gets the blame for Wade opting out and losing $11M then does he also get the credit for Bosh opting out and getting an extra $20M?

Bosh is still servicable. He was going to get paid wherever he went. Houston thought they had him wrapped up to a max deal.
Of the 3 amigos I think Bosh was the third wheel, the ugly girl so to speak. Wade always thought he was really Lebron's friend.

No one else COULD give Bosh a 5 year max except Miami. Houston was reportedly offering Bosh an 88 mill 4 year deal like Howard got.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11187137/chris-bosh-seriously-considering-houston-rockets-max-four-year-contract-offer

The point was not about how Lebron made or lost Miami or Bosh money, it was that it seems pretty sure his mind was made up from the start to go Cleveland but he hung his "friend" Wade out to dry with the pantomime of "keeping his options open". It cost his good friend 11 million and could have been worse if Riley had not been willing to pay over market. Do you seriously think Wade opts out if he knows Lebron is not coming back?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

No one else COULD give Bosh a 5 year max except Miami. Houston was reportedly offering Bosh an 88 mill 4 year deal like Howard got.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11187137/chris-bosh-seriously-considering-houston-rockets-max-four-year-contract-offer

The point was not about how Lebron made or lost Miami or Bosh money, it was that it seems pretty sure his mind was made up from the start to go Cleveland but he hung his "friend" Wade out to dry with the pantomime of "keeping his options open". It cost his good friend 11 million and could have been worse if Riley had not been willing to pay over market. Do you seriously think Wade opts out if he knows Lebron is not coming back?

ESPN looked the other way when Ben Roethlisberger got accused of rape, so it would be small potatoes for them to look the other way if LeBron screwed over his "buddy" Wade.

Last edited by K28 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

Quote:

krespino

This madness never ends.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
No one else COULD give Bosh a 5 year max except Miami.

So it sounds like we agree that LeBron leaving made Bosh more money. More money than Wade lost actually. One player suffered financially while another came up. If he gets the blame for one then he should get the credit for the other.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Houston was reportedly offering Bosh an 88 mill 4 year deal like Howard got.

We didn't have the capspace to offer Bosh a full 4 year max. No one knows how much of a discount we were asking him to take because no one knows who else was going to be given away to make room for him. But since we agree that Miami was the only place that Bosh could get a full 5 year deal, at the end of the day he still made significantly more money because LeBron left.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

What is the bolded based on? LeBron was always upfront about keeping his options open during free agency. Even when he was initially one with the Cavs. Yes, I can still see Wade opting out because if it helped Miami add talent, as I'm sure he doesn't want to suck for the remainder of his career. I agree that it cost him $$.

At the end of the day these players make the moves that are best for them, just like teams typically do. Sometimes a move that's best for a player isn't always best for the team or teammates but that's the business. LeBron shouldn't be knocked for doing what was best for him in free agency just like Kobe shouldn't be knocked for doing what was best for him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Thing is, miami was set to either get a bit back from the big three to add a fourth, or pay all three. Bosh was going to get paid either way. But Wade got screwed.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
No one else COULD give Bosh a 5 year max except Miami.

So it sounds like we agree that LeBron leaving made Bosh more money. More money than Wade lost actually. One player suffered financially while another came up. If he gets the blame for one then he should get the credit for the other.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Houston was reportedly offering Bosh an 88 mill 4 year deal like Howard got.

We didn't have the capspace to offer Bosh a full 4 year max. No one knows how much of a discount we were asking him to take because no one knows who else was going to be given away to make room for him. But since we agree that Miami was the only place that Bosh could get a full 5 year deal, at the end of the day he still made significantly more money because LeBron left.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

What is the bolded based on? LeBron was always upfront about keeping his options open during free agency. Even when he was initially one with the Cavs. Yes, I can still see Wade opting out because if it helped Miami add talent, as I'm sure he doesn't want to suck for the remainder of his career. I agree that it cost him $$.

At the end of the day these players make the moves that are best for them, just like teams typically do. Sometimes a move that's best for a player isn't always best for the team or teammates but that's the business. LeBron shouldn't be knocked for doing what was best for him in free agency just like Kobe shouldn't be knocked for doing what was best for him.

Houston offered Bosh the full MAX didn't ask him to take a paycut, Bosh didn't want to play with Dwight Howard, he would rather stay for even more money in Miami.
Bosh seriously considered taking the $88 million full MAX contract offered by Houston Rockets

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Thing is, miami was set to either get a bit back from the big three to add a fourth, or pay all three. Bosh was going to get paid either way. But Wade got screwed.

I'm not saying he didn't get screwed. He took a L and Bosh came up big time. Bosh was going to get paid but no where near that much. He's 30. No one is giving him $20M+ when he is 35. That 5th year is huge for him.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:

Houston offered Bosh the full MAX didn't ask him to take a paycut, Bosh didn't want to play with Dwight Howard, he would rather stay for even more money in Miami.
Bosh seriously considered taking the $88 million full MAX contract offered by Houston Rockets

We didn't have the capspace to offer a full $88M deal. The report you are quoting is from Broussard. Considering the thread we are posting in, I don't need to go into any more detail about his sources, lol. We would have had to get rid of practically everyone to offer a full max, which is why we were discussing asking guys to take slightly less all summer.

Either way, Bosh could only get a full 5 year deal from Miami, which he would not have gotten if LeBron stayed. He came up.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what goes through Wade's mind these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Heat have the same type of season as the Lakers (sub .500, no playoffs). But Kobe is making at least something approaching what he generates for the team, whereas Wade continues to play for the type of discount a player of his caliber only takes when it means a greater title shot.

He'll be a very interesting player to watch this year, and not for the usual reasons.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

We didn't have the capspace to offer a full $88M deal. The report you are quoting is from Broussard. Considering the thread we are posting in, I don't need to go into any more detail about his sources, lol. We would have had to get rid of practically everyone to offer a full max, which is why we were discussing asking guys to take slightly less all summer.

Either way, Bosh could only get a full 5 year deal from Miami, which he would not have gotten if LeBron stayed. He came up.

Houston had no problem dumping players to create cap room to offer him the max, that's how we were able to get Lin. I'm sure if Bosh had agreed to terms Morey would have made room.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Jeff Van Gundy: “I thought you were jumping on the bandwagon and burying Kobe.”

Mark Jackson: “No, I’m not one of those idiots.”

Is Jackson gonna get fired by ESPN for that?

I heard this during the Clippers-Suns game.

"With all due respect, Kobe Bryant isn't the 40th best player in the league, that's just disrespectful" - Mark Jackson on ESPN
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Playing with Lebron lowered bosh's value but he was worth a 5 year max definitely. And I'm sure if Houston had the capspace they would have offered it to him.

I would have been fine if the Lakers offered a max to Bosh. I think he's highly underrated in the NBA.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

and when Wade hangs them up I am sure they will make it up to him with some job that he wont have to show up to to make it up to him with a "wink wink" when negotiating the contract
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

I would have been fine if the Lakers offered a max to Bosh. I think he's highly underrated in the NBA.

Bosh got relegated to a 3pt shooter because LeBron wanted to dominate the post and get every rebound to pad his stats, with Love he already is a 3pt shooter will be interesting how he reacts to getting less rebounds

Bosh will probably be at least 22/11 and i would take that over Boozer and Hill any day, a Bosh/Davis front line would have been NOOOOIIICCCCEE
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Bosh got relegated to a 3pt shooter because LeBron wanted to dominate the post and get every rebound to pad his stats, with Love he already is a 3pt shooter will be interesting how he reacts to getting less rebounds

Bosh will probably be at least 22/11 and i would take that over Boozer and Hill any day, a Bosh/Davis front line would have been NOOOOIIICCCCEE

Yeah. Bosh/Randle/Davis (and a little wiggle room to find another more burly center).
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

Jeannie is on First Take today... FYI
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:

Thanks! We haven't missed her yet have we?
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

Jeanie Buss on the offensive against BSPN this am.

Says anyone who doesn't want to play with Kobe is a loser.....

Said that whoever Abotts so-called Laker insider who said that Kobe is hurting the team would be fired if found.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2240663-julius-randles-development-poses-final-leadership-test-for-kobe-bryant?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-203?is_shared=true

ding Ding.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:

Was also on Sportscenter. Highlights (my own words)

1. Abbott article is crap and she disagrees whole heartedly
2. She doesnt want stars that could not handle playing with Kobe, who is an all-time great leader
3. She wanted Phil (over Mike d) but has entrusted Mitch and Jimbo to make those calls she handles business side.
4. Melo meeting was great Lakers were real "players" but he loves NY.
5. It was awkward courting Melo with Phil on the other "side" but Lakers come first over her relationship.
6. Was asked if CLips are worth 2 billion are Lakers worth 3 or 4?! Says it doesnt matter we will never be for sale. Asked again she says probably in that "range"
7. Understood why Pau left the veto and trade made Pau uneasy on hi long-term future wanted a new challenge.
8. Also said if she finds the employee who would talk so negatively about our team, even if unfounded she would fire them.

There was more but that is what stood out. Despite her tendency to gesticulate she is the most articulate of the Buss kids.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 54 of 64
Jump to: