OFFICIAL Media Bashing Kobe Bryant Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11780755/dwight-howard-says-exit-los-angeles-lakers-houston-rockets-was-not-due-fear-kobe-bryant

I wonder if all these people that claimed Dwight left because of Kobe and not because of MDA will ever eat the crow that's due to them. First Jeanie says Dwight left because of the MDA coaching hire, and now Dwight is finally on record saying he didn't leave because of Kobe. For all the people that have been screaming this for a year now, this is great.

You trust what Dwight said at face value!?

Dwight left because he wanted to be coddled, something Kobe, the fans and the org wasn't willing to do. MDA is everybody's scapegoat. it's easy to blame someone no longer with the organization...
during Dwight's years in Orlando, Stan Van Gundy basically run a similar offense. and MDA's offense was geared towards opening space for Dwight to operate down low. it's not like Amare didn't flourish under MDA's offense...

I disagree. It seems pretty clear from the evidence and from what we know about how things went down and the parties involved that D12 left because Kobe didn't like his clown act and D12 didn't want to be schooled on how to win. B. Scott was absolutely correct, D12 has no more than a passing interest in winning.

Don't take Dwight and Jeanie seriously but take your obviously fabricated story with absolutely no evidence to back it up seriously?

Essentially?......Yes, exactly! Thanks

Last edited by KobeBryantCliffordBrown on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11780755/dwight-howard-says-exit-los-angeles-lakers-houston-rockets-was-not-due-fear-kobe-bryant

I wonder if all these people that claimed Dwight left because of Kobe and not because of MDA will ever eat the crow that's due to them. First Jeanie says Dwight left because of the MDA coaching hire, and now Dwight is finally on record saying he didn't leave because of Kobe. For all the people that have been screaming this for a year now, this is great.

So I guess that's a no.

I think Dwight left for a number of reasons. I do think Kobe was one of them. But that's not a knock on Kobe, IMO, more than it is a knock on Dwight. Among other reasons? Team was heading in a poor direction, MDA, etc.

It the team hired Phil instead of MDA, Dwight would have re-signed. If the team let go of Kobe, Dwight is still in Houston. So no, I do not think Dwight left because of Kobe, as all the evidence and statements with the involved parties point to. Kobe may not not have been a positive for him, but it was no deal breaker. He was gone the second MDA was hired.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

So I guess that's a no.

I think Dwight left for a number of reasons. I do think Kobe was one of them. But that's not a knock on Kobe, IMO, more than it is a knock on Dwight. Among other reasons? Team was heading in a poor direction, MDA, etc.

It the team hired Phil instead of MDA, Dwight would have re-signed. If the team let go of Kobe, Dwight is still in Houston. So no, I do not think Dwight left because of Kobe, as all the evidence and statements with the involved parties point to. Kobe may not not have been a positive for him, but it was no deal breaker. He was gone the second MDA was hired.

Don't know if I agree with that, I mean, he listened to the Lakers' pitch so if he was gone the moment we signed MDA then he wouldn't have wasted his time sitting through a pitch.

But believe whatever you like. Just don't take everything Dwight Howard of all people says as gospel.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Yep. If I thought Howard would have been a good foundation for rebuilding the team, I might even hold it against Kobe. But I don't, so I don't. There were other factors for Howard, of course, and he would never admit (maybe even to himself) that he couldn't hack playing with Kobe. But my opinion of Howard was never that high in the first place, and I was fed up with him by the end of his time in LA. If he was the kind of player that you can build a championship player around, he'd still be here.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

ESPN will eat crow starting with today's game. As long as Byron sticks with the game plan, managing Kobe's minutes, Kobe will be a top 5 player without a doubt.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yep. If I thought Howard would have been a good foundation for rebuilding the team, I might even hold it against Kobe. But I don't, so I don't. There were other factors for Howard, of course, and he would never admit (maybe even to himself) that he couldn't hack playing with Kobe. But my opinion of Howard was never that high in the first place, and I was fed up with him by the end of his time in LA. If he was the kind of player that you can build a championship player around, he'd still be here.

Yeah, same here. After seeing Dwight and his antics here, I didn't think he could be THE foundational piece (though, I still believe he could be A foundational piece). But his approach and lame humor annoyed me, he just never exuded "Laker" to me.

I'm not as unhappy with the team's current position as many are.

Who knows, if Julius turns out to be an absolute stud, we may even have Dwight to thank =)
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

Check the wording. He says it has nothing to do with fear. Who ever thought it was about fear? Kobe and Dwight did not have a great relationship in LA. Both sides admitted that. Neither one liked playing with the other and since Dwight was a free agent, he chose to play elsewhere. I don't think it's all on Kobe but if he and Kobe got along, leaving wouldnt have made any sense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

So I guess that's a no.

Don't know if I agree with that, I mean, he listened to the Lakers' pitch so if he was gone the moment we signed MDA then he wouldn't have wasted his time sitting through a pitch.

But believe whatever you like. Just don't take everything Dwight Howard of all people says as gospel.

Looking at it from both sides... Part of a pitch could involve asking said player if they want the coach replaced and with whom.

Regardless, that idiot is gone and we don't need to worry about his childish humor.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

So I guess that's a no.

Looking at it from both sides... Part of a pitch could involve asking said player if they want the coach replaced and with whom.

Regardless, that idiot is gone and we don't need to worry about his childish humor.

Well, the poster I replied to said Dwight was gone the moment MDA was signed.

I don't agree with that at all. If that was true, he wouldn't have sat down with us at all at any time.

Agreed, I'm glad Dwight is gone as well.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
55 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

So I guess that's a no.

Well, the poster I replied to said Dwight was gone the moment MDA was signed.

I don't agree with that at all. If that was true, he wouldn't have sat down with us at all at any time.

Agreed, I'm glad Dwight is gone as well.

If you'll remember, there were rumors that Dwight asked management to amnesty Kobe. IF that was even remotely close to being the truth, it would've surprise me if he asked to have Mike replaced.
It could have very well happened and the Lakers declined, knowing that he wasn't worth the drama to begin with. He didn't earn that right.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject:

if Dwight left due to Mike D'Antoni...why so much hate on Dwight?

Suckmaki Walker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I find it funny that lost in this entire conversation, the Rockets had a MUCH MUCH better roster at the time compared to the Lakers(Lin, Harden, Parsons, Beverly, Asik) but yet no one seems to bring this up in the interviews, everything is all about people 'afraid' to play with Kobe. Can you imagine Dwight having to play thru the trainwreck that was last season? How would he help that? He made the best choice.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:

What did Jeanie just say? "Howard wanted to win and he left because the Lakers couldn't deliver" or something to that effect. She acted like the Lakers blew it and him leaving had nothing to do with KB or being a coward. She really had D12's back more than just defending Kobe's popularity.

On another note, nice of Ballmer to fund a Clippers ad nationally during a Lakers game.
GigaPaladin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
ESPN will eat crow starting with today's game. As long as Byron sticks with the game plan, managing Kobe's minutes, Kobe will be a top 5 player without a doubt.

lol
Kobe2014
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject:

Kobe was our best player tonight.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

I was at the staples center last night and the one thing everyone took away from the game was at least Kobe looked great. He had 16 at he half and was having his way when he looked to attack on offense.

You could tell he was trying to get others going in the 2nd half, we just don't have the guys to do it this year. I expect kobe to play in attack mode for every minute he's on the floor tonight after what happened last night.

He's going to average at least 25ppg this year.
fan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
I was at the staples center last night and the one thing everyone took away from the game was at least Kobe looked great. He had 16 at he half and was having his way when he looked to attack on offense.

You could tell he was trying to get others going in the 2nd half, we just don't have the guys to do it this year. I expect kobe to play in attack mode for every minute he's on the floor tonight after what happened last night.

I think we're setting the bar pretty low if last night qualifies as Great.

He didn't make a bucket in the 2nd half, finishing 6-17. His D was pretty bad, Ariza was able to drop 3s regularly with a simple jab step.

Hopefully he can average 25, 5, and 5 (for 24 mill, he should).
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

fan4life wrote:
golaker wrote:

I think we're setting the bar pretty low if last night qualifies as Great.

He didn't make a bucket in the 2nd half, finishing 6-17. His D was pretty bad, Ariza was able to drop 3s regularly with a simple jab step.

Hopefully he can average 25, 5, and 5 (for 24 mill, he should).

He had a great first half. The 2nd half I think he gets a pass, he only took 4 shots and really just didn't look to impose his will at all on offense. I felt he displayed he could get his points if he wanted in the first half.

As far as the defense goes, he wasn't very good at all. But he really hasn't been a good defender for a few years now. All in all the results in the box score are lackluster but I thought he showed in the first half that he could still put up the numbers.

Let's see what happens tonight.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

This was just game 1 of 82. We have quite a long way to go. I know Kobe and the team will want to prevent a horrible start, but have to have some perspective about the grind. That's why I wasn't pleased to see him re-inserted in the 4th. Need to rest him if he's going to be forced to play big minutes in a back-to-back.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

Why would Dwight have re-signed if Phil wasn't going to be his coach going forward? That makes no sense. And according to Phil's statements, Dwight would have been a lesser part of the offense under him than he was under MDA. Is Dwight really that stupid?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Agree, the team dodged a bullet by not having to pay max to a mental midget like Howard. The guy is a definition of "fake".
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

So I guess that's a no.

Sounds pretty right to me.

Dwight was gone when MDA was brought in.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

Dwight was gone from the Lakers before he ever left Orlando. I tried telling you guys.
NanceJrFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I feel bad for Kobe. Being so great for so many years, people bashing him and he was always able to comeback perform and shut people up. I think there is a point where people have to be right, he can't be great forever. They've been waiting for his decline so they can pile it on. These next two season will be tough on him. He play with so much heart and desire but at some point he just can't be the Kobe that we once knew; the one that can easily put up 40 pts night in and night out, the one that out score the entire Mavs team through 3 quarter. Being on a bad team just made it so much tougher on him too. Facing the other team best defender, facing double team with no one to pass out to. I love for Kobe to prove all his haters wrong but i feel that at this age and with this roster, this next two seasons will be tough for him.
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Were not even close to a good team but most people with any common sense already knew that going in, But Im with the team and if that means going down with the ship and Kobe in his final 2 seasons then Im going down with my man

#Laker4Life
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 61 of 64
Jump to: