ESPN Team Forecast for Lakers: 29-53 (13th in WC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:

espy wants me to pay to read Amin Elhassan

lol never in this life
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I think people are under rating the difference Kobe will make as a leader. Last year's team didn't compete. This year's team will. Even if he is the 40th best player we'll have the 1st ranked competitive player. No one competes like Kobe. He won't just sit back and watch us lose. Factor Byron will do same.

There will be 8-9 teams that will down right give up after 20-30 games into the season and go in full tank mode. We're not going to be one of those teams. I think we'll fall anywhere between 20-15 in the league standings. Unfortunately since it will be the West, I think 40-42 wins is about the ceiling unless we make a trade, and that too with a Bryant I anticipate will put forth 23/5 a night.

To me this season has always sounded/come across to me as a 40-42 win season. I could be wrong and ESPN right. I think we'll be pleased with how guys compete this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Worst case with non-stop injuries we could land around the ~15 win mark.

And that's not bad at all, that would allow us to keep our draft pick.

Worst case for me is not making the playoffs, and sending our pick to Phoenix.

I agree. It would be nice to have another top young player to add to Randle for the future.

But after last year I don't want to suffer through another season like that.

Hopefully we can stay healthier this season and make a big trade at the deadline and make the playoffs.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Getting the right seed would be such an accomplishment for this team. It would so mean Kobe probably played some Kobe ball
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think people are under rating the difference Kobe will make as a leader. Last year's team didn't compete. This year's team will. Even if he is the 40th best player we'll have the 1st ranked competitive player. No one competes like Kobe. He won't just sit back and watch us lose. Factor Byron will do same.

There will be 8-9 teams that will down right give up after 20-30 games into the season and go in full tank mode. We're not going to be one of those teams. I think we'll fall anywhere between 20-15 in the league standings. Unfortunately since it will be the West, I think 40-42 wins is about the ceiling unless we make a trade, and that too with a Bryant I anticipate will put forth 23/5 a night.

To me this season has always sounded/come across to me as a 40-42 win season. I could be wrong and ESPN right. I think we'll be pleased with how guys compete this year.

I would agree.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
I think the 29 wins is optimistic. Watching these past 3 preseason games has me questioning whether they will hit 20 wins.

The roster this year is less talented than the one we had last year even with Kobe back.

I agree, I'll be pretty surprised if this team makes it to 29 wins. Lost most of the best players from last year and kept some of the dead weight. Kobe's return is a big positive but it's just him and a bunch of backups. And let's not forget last year's team got off to a hot start while everyone was still feeling optimistic about their chances. Without that, they would've won about 20 or less.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject:

You guys have seen our roster, right? 13th in the West sounds optimistic if anything. I can see this team being worse than last year's. Yeah I know Kobe's back, but at this point in his career he needs talent around him to free up his looks. We do not have anyone that can consistently score inside or shoot the 3. Let's not even get started on defense...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
I think the 29 wins is optimistic. Watching these past 3 preseason games has me questioning whether they will hit 20 wins.

The roster this year is less talented than the one we had last year even with Kobe back.

I'm on the 35-39 train. I don't like at all what I've been seeing in the preseason either, but, we've had no Lin, Nick Young and Kobe is still ramping up. It's a little disconcerting that we've been losing the way we've been losing (by such massive margins), and the lack of any deep ball threats is concerning as well.

Would I be completely shocked if we won 29? Probably not. We have no room for error. Any key rotation player missing any significant amount of time could get us there. I don't know, I'm still sticking to 35-39 for now and I'll probably re-visit it after a few weeks of RS play.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
You guys have seen our roster, right? 13th in the West sounds optimistic if anything. I can see this team being worse than last year's. Yeah I know Kobe's back, but at this point in his career he needs talent around him to free up his looks. We do not have anyone that can consistently score inside or shoot the 3. Let's not even get started on defense...

I was really excited before training camp, but after seeing a few games I think that is a realistic prediction. Listening to Rick Fox saying that this team unless defense was corrected would fall fast made me think this is another lottery season.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

Our defense will be the worst in the league and I don't think the offense will make up for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: