Wesley Johnson has no game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Wes was one of the few players in the NBA to average a steal and a block last season, and people dislike his turnovers last game, but he also had 2 steals and 3 blocks. Wes can defend. He's not Tony allen, but he's better than anyone else we've got at that position to defend and he's pretty solid at it .

Why complain about Wes' ability to create his own shots? That's not his role at all he's a 3 and D guy not a break you down off the dribble guy nor should it be his job.

that steal and block stat is pretty much canceled out by how much he gets beat off the dribble 1v1. gets blown by off the dribble 5 times a game vs. 1 steal a game. that stat means nothing man
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Wes is a bench player at this point. I'd rather have x start when he gets back.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Dante Cunningham, Ronnie Brewer, Quincy Miller, Earl the pearl Clark. Any of this dudes would probably do better than Wes. I thought he could turn it around but he's no good, has no bball iq, no handles, is not good on 1 on 1 defense...

I Think Quincy Miller would fit right in and contribute more than wes, even if you ask him just to defend and shoot 3's, you would be better served with this youngster. We can keep both and cut some other scrubs, of course. If Nash cant play, Ellington cant shoot and X cant stay healthy, they're 3 good candidates to me. Sacre is worthless as well, although he is tall indeed

Last edited by Fruscas on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Quincy Miller was just released by the Nuggets, he was in the Nuggets rotation last year. He would be an upgrade over Wes at SF.

Quote:
At Baylor, he served as Julius Randle's host for his visit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Miller

INTERESTING.

FYI: Earl Clark has been waived by the Grizzlies.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

What are we waiting for? He obviously thrived here and there's familiarity. I'd sign him in a heart beat.

Kiss my Converse.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I'd love Earl Clark for the minimum. No risk, decent upside.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Earl Clark is awful. Just because he thrived with D'Antoni doesn't mean he was any good. He had inflated stats and he had a pretty steep drop off in March-April. He's not a SF and we don't need another 4.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Quincy Miller was just released by the Nuggets, he was in the Nuggets rotation last year. He would be an upgrade over Wes at SF.

Quote:

INTERESTING.

What are we waiting for? He obviously thrived here and there's familiarity. I'd sign him in a heart beat.

he thrived in D'antoni's system and has been cut three times since then in one season. That may matter.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Let's make it happen. it's Miller time
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Quote:

INTERESTING.

he thrived in D'antoni's system and has been cut three times since then in one season. That may matter.

To be able to sign him at the bare minimum non-guaranteed, I'm willing to take a flyer. Truth be told- I'd take just about anybody at this point considering we have essentially nothing at the 3 spot.

Kiss my Converse.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Earl Clark was not a smart player defensively or offensively. He had his chance to sign a multi year contract at a lesser price to stay and the team but he bolted. Don't want. -
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Earl isn't a SF.. would still rather watch him than Wes. than Miller kid from Denver would be a BIG upgrade. he's got some game
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
MJST wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Quote:

INTERESTING.

To be able to sign him at the bare minimum non-guaranteed, I'm willing to take a flyer. Truth be told- I'd take just about anybody at this point considering we have essentially nothing at the 3 spot.

Problem is Earl hasn't even been as good defensively as Wes was last year. wasn't really a defensive stopper either for those that remember that season and not the one block of the year candidate he had.

He could have stayed with the team but once Dwight told him he was leaving he went and followed the money.

Wes chose the Lakers when Phoenix wanted to re-sign him and he took less to be here, had one of his more productive years. He also came back for the min. He essentially turned down better more secure offers for the Lakers once and came back when we were in a rebuilding phase, whereas Earl bolted on us despite the fact we'd have paid him more.

Then you put on top of that that Earl has been cut 3 times in the past year it may tell you something.

Wes isn't the guy that we need to replace with an Earl or a Quincy Miller and neither are better than Wes currently. The guy who we'd need to replace has been Ellington as he's been pretty non productive this pre-season.

Tonight is virtually Ellington's final real chance, so I full expect him to actually find his 3 point shot tonight. If not then there's no point in having him here.

With Quincy Miller whom was a Lakers interest now a free agent as well as Earl Clark its truly upon Ellington to go out there tonight and perform greatly. Because he's here for the sole purpose of being able to shoot threes, if he keeps botching it he could be cut.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

It really sucks that we have so many guaranteed contracts despite being a rebuilding team. Nash and Boozer are clogging up our roster. I'd love for us to be able to take a flyer on some more prospects like Quincy.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Wes was one of the few players in the NBA to average a steal and a block last season, and people dislike his turnovers last game, but he also had 2 steals and 3 blocks. Wes can defend. He's not Tony allen, but he's better than anyone else we've got at that position to defend and he's pretty solid at it .

Why complain about Wes' ability to create his own shots? That's not his role at all he's a 3 and D guy not a break you down off the dribble guy nor should it be his job.

Yeah that's my point. Not complaining about his ability to create shots, but complaining about him thinking he can create his shots.
Why does he keep trying to post up and shoot turnaround J's when he's so bad at it. Just because he worked out with Kobe in the offseason, he thinks he can play like Kobe
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

Wes' shot looked pretty good last night. I think he has improved his shooting.

If he can play on a unit where all he has to do is shoot open shots and run the break, he might be ok.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

Last night Wes' offensive role was relegated to rim runs and just shooting the jumper once he got the ball.

And he has a solid game and no turnovers.

This is the role you give to Wes if you want maximum results.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

since1991 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah that's my point. Not complaining about his ability to create shots, but complaining about him thinking he can create his shots.
Why does he keep trying to post up and shoot turnaround J's when he's so bad at it. Just because he worked out with Kobe in the offseason, he thinks he can play like Kobe

He's trying to use Kobe's moves =P You notice that baseline fadeaway he keeps trying to do, or that turnaround jumper in the post he keeps trying?

He looks like a kid emulating his idol on the playground. And Kobe is his idol and his mentor so I can only assume that because he worked with Kobe in the off-season and learned some things he wants to try to do those things.

Part of me thinks he's saying "Kobe!" in his head whenever he shoots that baseline fadeaway or turnaround jumper
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Earl Clark is awful. Just because he thrived with D'Antoni doesn't mean he was any good. He had inflated stats and he had a pretty steep drop off in March-April. He's not a SF and we don't need another 4.

Earl shot his wad in about 10 games with the Lakers. Don't forget that he flattened out pretty quickly.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

anybody would be an upgrade over Ellington and Smith. Bring in Quincy
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Since Scott is scrapping the 3, Quincy over Ellington is something that has merit. Miller is young and will need development. No need to add to the payroll since Ellington's non-quaranteed contract goes away.
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to appreciate Wes's jump shot....but it's entirely possible I'm getting senile.....
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Get this guy outta here
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Get this guy outta here

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Omg another turnover good thing Kobe was there to get it back
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I am ready to dump this guy and sign Q Miller. what a pathetic waste of roster spot and money
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18
Jump to: