OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
villavs wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Bear in mind both Phoenix and Pelicans are floating at around .500. They have rosters that are light years ahead of ours.

Byron is probably the worse coach since Randy Pfund to grace the Lakers sideline but this roster wasn't sniffing .500 no matter who was out there.

Realistically, the roster is not a .500 team. I think most knowledgeable fans knew that coming in to the season. But, I think fans at least want to see improvement and team chemistry with this team. That did not materialize and I think BS is the main cause of it off the floor and Kobe is the cause on the floor. Personally, what's worse is that the style they play and the way they play is just ugly to watch. It's very predictable and lacks flow and consistency.

Yeah. It's just plain ugly basketball.

If we're not going to win, at least show us good ball. Show a team that is involved and energetic.

No one wants to play with a dysfunctional team. If your team is bad, you still want to sow the seeds for future growth and prosperity. You want to show that players enjoy playing for the team -- so that you can attract talent and future free agents will want to play for your team. I'm sorry to say, but the Lakers are very dysfunctional and the whole league knows it.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

villavs wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

Kobe has done enough for the franchise that it is worth letting him do what he wants to do for at least a season or two. Hopefully (no guarantees though) other star players will recognize that we treat our greats with the utmost respect. Even if they don't, I think its worth it to indulge Kobe.

Completely disagree.

The most disrespect you can show to a man is to coddle him and pretend he's doing fine when he's not.

I agree with your disagreement. When you indulge unrealistic wishes of players (like Kobe), you lose their respect. But what's worse, you lose the respect the other players on your team and the respect of other players in the league. For management, they can still be loyal to Kobe without necessary kowtowing to his every whim and fancy.

I wonder if Mitch is totally regretting the Scott hire. Like, "Geez... at least with D'antoni there seemed to be a reason for everything he did. And he did get a rag tag crew of guys to over perform. But now... what do I do? I can't fire him right now or Magic, James, and Coop will be mad at me. But man, Byron sucks."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
villavs wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Bear in mind both Phoenix and Pelicans are floating at around .500. They have rosters that are light years ahead of ours.

Byron is probably the worse coach since Randy Pfund to grace the Lakers sideline but this roster wasn't sniffing .500 no matter who was out there.

Realistically, the roster is not a .500 team. I think most knowledgeable fans knew that coming in to the season. But, I think fans at least want to see improvement and team chemistry with this team. That did not materialize and I think BS is the main cause of it off the floor and Kobe is the cause on the floor. Personally, what's worse is that the style they play and the way they play is just ugly to watch. It's very predictable and lacks flow and consistency.

Yeah. It's just plain ugly basketball.

If we're not going to win, at least show us good ball. Show a team that is involved and energetic.

It's very hard to stomach right now.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Scott said Kobe deferred to him on his strategy in managing his play, minutes, role. Scott: "It makes me feel better. I know he trusts me"

my god. bryon, grow a freakin' pair, old man! you're the damn coach - start acting like one.

he acts all tough with all the other guys, but when it comes to kobe - a total "yes" man. and people wonder why cohesion is hard to find on this team at this point in the season.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
Scott said Kobe deferred to him on his strategy in managing his play, minutes, role. Scott: "It makes me feel better. I know he trusts me"

my god. bryon, grow a freakin' pair, old man! you're the damn coach - start acting like one.

he acts all tough with all the other guys, but when it comes to kobe - a total "yes" man. and people wonder why cohesion is hard to find on this team at this point in the season.

BS need 20 games for line up changing. He may need 2 years become familiar with the coach role.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:

When I heard that quote, I knew right away that everything I believed was true. He's just a puppet to Kobe Bryant. Instead of being the coach, he's catering to Kobe. But when it comes to the other players, he has no issues benching or criticizing them. Not once this season have I seen him criticize Kobe. All he says is, he's tired. Baloney, he's been awful this year.
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
villavs wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

Kobe has done enough for the franchise that it is worth letting him do what he wants to do for at least a season or two. Hopefully (no guarantees though) other star players will recognize that we treat our greats with the utmost respect. Even if they don't, I think its worth it to indulge Kobe.

Completely disagree.

The most disrespect you can show to a man is to coddle him and pretend he's doing fine when he's not.

I agree with your disagreement. When you indulge unrealistic wishes of players (like Kobe), you lose their respect. But what's worse, you lose the respect the other players on your team and the respect of other players in the league. For management, they can still be loyal to Kobe without necessary kowtowing to his every whim and fancy.

I wonder if Mitch is totally regretting the Scott hire. Like, "Geez... at least with D'antoni there seemed to be a reason for everything he did. And he did get a rag tag crew of guys to over perform. But now... what do I do? I can't fire him right now or Magic, James, and Coop will be mad at me. But man, Byron sucks."

It seems Magic wants the Lakers to tank so for him, BS is doing exactly what needs to be done. I think management is giving BS a pass this year as long as he keeps Kobe happy. So even though the Lakers keep losing, I would be shocked if they actually fire BS in the middle of the season.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I had read the following from an old online article:

"He's also been fired twice, both times in the middle of a season! The teams employing him thought the situations under which they let him go were bad enough that they could not let him finish the year. It's a telling sign of some fault in his style of coaching that this has happened twice now, after previous success.

Why was he fired? The first time, his players tuned him out. They quit on him. He lost his team. He lost them though his demanding and grating style. The second time? He lost them with their lack of confidence in his ability to devise in-game strategies."

There are also some analysis and quotes from players. Interesting read.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/6/27/1540100/byron-scott-would-not-be-a-decent
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject:

so BS is going to have Ellington start in place of Kobe. no real adjustment, just insert a backup SG into the starting line-up. another reason why BS is such an awful coach. how about using his little brain for once to try to give the team the best chance to succeed? insert Lin back into the starting line-up and run the offense through Lin&Davis pnr. you can't have starting lineup without a playmaker, dumbass
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I do not understand all the hate for BS. People seem to have forgotten MDAs crappy coaching. We had the worse record in Laker history, we were getting blown out game after game, and that guy had a stronger roster (at least at the start). I wish we still had Meeks and Pau. BS also has had key injuries and a worse roster.

At least, this year we are not getting blown out most games. We have lost some close games even against strong teams. I have confidence BS will work things through and we will start winning some of those close games.

Also, let's not forget that Kobe had no respect for MDA and had to show MDA how to win games because MDA could never figure out how to use his roster. Kobe respects BS and he will listen to him.

Having said all of this, Mitch needs to wave his magic wand. A team with only one All Star ain't going anywhere no matter who coaches.

Okay, shoot me 😄
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
so BS is going to have Ellington start in place of Kobe. no real adjustment, just insert a backup SG into the starting line-up. another reason why BS is such an awful coach. how about using his little brain for once to try to give the team the best chance to succeed? insert Lin back into the starting line-up and run the offense through Lin&Davis pnr. you can't have starting lineup without a playmaker, dumbass

THIS. Swag or Lin needed to start. he made no adjustment to losing his best player. Lmao
Misaeng
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
Honestly, I do not understand all the hate for BS. People seem to have forgotten MDAs crappy coaching. We had the worse record in Laker history, we were getting blown out game after game, and that guy had a stronger roster (at least at the start). I wish we still had Meeks and Pau. BS also has had key injuries and a worse roster.

At least, this year we are not getting blown out most games. We have lost some close games even against strong teams. I have confidence BS will work things through and we will start winning some of those close games.

Also, let's not forget that Kobe had no respect for MDA and had to show MDA how to win games because MDA could never figure out how to use his roster. Kobe respects BS and he will listen to him.

Having said all of this, Mitch needs to wave his magic wand. A team with only one All Star ain't going anywhere no matter who coaches.

Okay, shoot me 😄

Maybe because Byron makes the dumbest decisions and makes 0 adjustments? Playing Kobe heavy minutes even when it's obvious he needs a rest? Refusing to play PnR? No threes policy? Weird lineups? Not calling timeout when we have a chance to win during the last few minutes of games to make adjustments when whatever was on the floor was not working? Not designing any plays except isos? That's just the tip of the iceberg. So many reasons.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:

Okay, shoot me 😄

D'antoni > Scott
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:

Okay, shoot me 😄

Historically, there's 2 main faults with BS coaching style. The first is that he loses the respect of his players due to his ego and abrasive nature. The second is his inflexible style. He thinks what he's doing is always right and cannot adjust. These happened with NJ Nets and Charlotte Hornets when he was fired in the middle of the season from both teams. Even with the successes he had in coaching, analysts attributed that to the quality of players he had on the team (and the very weak Eastern Conference) and not necessarily his coaching "expertise". If you look at what's happening this year with the Lakers, I think people can see that history is repeating itself.

With respect to Kobe, he doesn't respect any coaches. That includes Brown, MDA, Phil Jackson, etc. and this includes BS regardless of what he says in the media. You judge a man through his actions, not words and his actions shows that Kobe listens to no one.

You are right about the Lakers needed more talent and although IMHO, they may be able to win more games with a better coach, they don't have enough talent right now to be elite and competitive in the west.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

see byron? basketball is such an easy game. um....more lin/davis STUPID!!!!!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Looking at Byron's demeanor in the postgame interview you'd think they lost this game.
terpski
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

This team has some great athletes... why didn't we play this open style before?

B.Scott has been horrible.
Misaeng
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Looking at Byron's demeanor in the postgame interview you'd think they lost this game.

He did try his best by refusing to insert Ed Davis back in the 4th quarter. What's up with that?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Misaeng wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

He did try his best by refusing to insert Ed Davis back in the 4th quarter. What's up with that?

Lin and Davis looked too good together in the first half.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Have to give credit when it's due, Byrons offensive system and ball movement was beautiful tonight. I can only imagine how good it could be with Randle at the high post playing point forward and a top 5 pick on the perimeter or in the post. We probably will never see ball movement like that again because Kobe will be back, but the signs are there that this system can work when everyone's being unselfish.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I thought Ellington in the starting lineup would suck, but by god, it worked. He and Price were knocking down shots like nothing.
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Have to give credit when it's due, Byrons offensive system and ball movement was beautiful tonight. I can only imagine how good it could be with Randle at the high post playing point forward and a top 5 pick on the perimeter or in the post. We probably will never see ball movement like that again because Kobe will be back, but the signs are there that this system can work when everyone's being unselfish.

I highly doubt that was Byron's offensive system throughout the whole game. The fast paced pick and roll with backdoor cuts hasn't been done all year except sporadically with the recent second unit. That was way more likely the team playing the game their own way as Byron always manages to lose the respect of his players from past history. His offensive scheme only came into fruition in the fourth when he refused to make lineup adjustments and chose to ISO for contested jumpers late in the shot clock for the last 6 minutes.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

It was a lot more ball movement then I've seen this year, very similar to what the Grizzlies run. Obviously, a lot of the success had to do with Kobe being out. There were so many opportunities where Hill and Boozer was at the high post and could have beat their man off the dribble but couldn't. If that was Randle he would have had so many dunks and easy baskets. This offensive system is perfect for Randle skillset.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

all this game did was just confirm to me that byron scott is the worst coach in the league. now he's gonna have a keep kobe happy problem. you think kobe's gonna stop chucking? 32000 says NO. the lakers are gonna be right back to square one on christmas day.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

oh look! the davis/lin PnR is only like the SINGLE BEST, MOST EFFECTIVE PLAY THE LAKERS HAVE RUN ALL YEAR. lemme play davis the whole 3rd quarter and jeremy the whole 4th! those two look like they may be ON to something. lemme keep these two dudes as far apart as possible!
xenojoey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject:

Byron didn't seem to happy with the win against the best team in the NBA. The first postgame interview question was if he expected the team to come out with this type of energy and he said no. HAHAHA! This guy is not a coach. He's just a Kobe cheerleader
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 84 of 694
Jump to: