OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Bill Oram @billoram · 9m 9 minutes ago

Byron Scott’s comments have made their way to the Lakers. One was glad to hear it. “He said what needed to be said,” Ed Davis said.

Bill Oram @billoram · 6m 6 minutes ago

Ed Davis was glad to hear Byron hold locker room accountable. “I just know he wasn’t talking about me 100%.”
4 retweets 5 favoritest needed to be said,” Ed Davis said.

Great news!! I was afraid ED was a target and it'd keep him from staying here for a good price.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I would love to know who Scott was referring to.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I would love to know who Scott was referring to.

Wesley, Ellington, Hill, Boozer, etc. Just players who won't be here next year.

Which would be smart of Scott in that case.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

But according to some.. Boozer loves LA and would love to come back... I'm interested to know if Lin is targeting Scott.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
But according to some.. Boozer loves LA and would love to come back... I'm interested to know if Lin is targeting Scott.

Boozer can love being here, doesn't mean Scott loves him. Especially considering his reduced minutes over the post all star break and even been sat out for no reason.

It's also easy to like being here when you get overpaid for pretty much only playing one side of the court all the time and just relaxing for a pay check instead of looking to win.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if they are shipping Nick Young off....I remember him and Byron butting heads a lot during the season.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakersken - there is no doubt that young has no chance of coming back if Scott is the coach.. Scott told him to adjust and publicly ignored his orders.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Honestly getting tired of all the tough talk rhetoric and lip service. Lets not pretend the organization wants to lose the draft pick so badly that you need to throw your players under the bus like this. Truth is, you DON't WANT to lose that pick, you DON'T WANT to win, and it DOES NOT benefit you to win.

Don't need to keep reminding us how tough you are Byron, we know.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Lakersken - there is no doubt that young has no chance of coming back if Scott is the coach.. Scott told him to adjust and publicly ignored his orders.

He also told him his hair looks like a bunch of worms
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Scott clarified his comments

Typical backtrack from Scott. I know he is frustrated but this is ridiculous. I just hope that he learns from this experience.

LOS ANGELES -- A day after Byron Scott said he knew which of his players he "wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with," the Lakers coach clarified his comments, saying they came out of frustration from recent losses.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12642524/byron-scott-frustration-los-angeles-lakers-losses-boiled-foxhole-comment
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Would you want to be in a foxhole with Swaggy P?

"It's all cool man. I'm just doing my Swaggy thing. I know you're acting all crazy like we're in a war or something, but I'm just going to be me and get back to having fun out here."
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
Would you want to be in a foxhole with Swaggy P?

"It's all cool man. I'm just doing my Swaggy thing. I know you're acting all crazy like we're in a war or something, but I'm just going to be me and get back to having fun out here."

...that sounds a lot like Dwight Howard!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Honestly getting tired of all the tough talk rhetoric and lip service. Lets not pretend the organization wants to lose the draft pick so badly that you need to throw your players under the bus like this. Truth is, you DON't WANT to lose that pick, you DON'T WANT to win, and it DOES NOT benefit you to win.

Ironically, he needs to learn from younger coaches like the 76ers and Boston coaches who were presiding over tank teams. Not once did they trash their poor players who were assembled to basically lose.

Scott is really losing a lot of respect IMO. He's had a hellacious year, losing his mother, getting divorced, and this season. I hope for the best for him personally, but as the Lakers coach, I'm less than enthused.

I hope he doesn't run Pat Riley style training camps again this summer given the perilous health of our players.
kwest80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ironically, he needs to learn from younger coaches like the 76ers and Boston coaches who were presiding over tank teams. Not once did they trash their poor players who were assembled to basically lose.

This is a fantastic point. Players on those teams play hard for their coaches despite all the losing and less than stellar talent. (Are the Cs a better team on paper than the Lakers?) They're getting good experience and I'm sure management is hoping that all translates to more wins in the future.

Maybe certain players on the team need a swift kick in the pants, but this isn't how you do it. Do we really want a coach who will lash out like this in frustration?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Scott is really losing a lot of respect IMO. He's had a hellacious year, losing his mother, getting divorced, and this season. I hope for the best for him personally, but as the Lakers coach, I'm less than enthused.

I hope he doesn't run Pat Riley style training camps again this summer given the perilous health of our players.

Although his mediocre coaching stints for multiple teams obviously can't be excused by this, I think his overly emotional foxhole comments should be given a pass because of his mother's recent death.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

Lol Bill Simmons just called BS an abomination.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Boozer can love being here, doesn't mean Scott loves him. Especially considering his reduced minutes over the post all star break and even been sat out for no reason.

It's also easy to like being here when you get overpaid for pretty much only playing one side of the court all the time and just relaxing for a pay check instead of looking to win.

There is a reason, and it is a four letter word that starts with "t" and ends with "k".
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

There is a reason, and it is a four letter word that starts with "t" and ends with "k".

I think it's more about seeing what the younger guys have so we can make good roster decisions. We all know exactly what Boozer provides at this point in his career. After all, giving Boozer minutes would probably be just as good for the tank considering his defensive ineptitude.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

shaq3234 wrote:
Blade wrote:
shaq3234 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
How can you have a coaches discussion, when we know he has to lose every game from here on out?

Pretty much. There won't be until next season when there will be, hopefully, viable and noteworthy talent.

I still think B-Scott can coach in this league given the right opportunity.

-led NJ to multiple finals appearances (aside from Kidd, they were pretty meek in-terms of talent)
-were one game away from beating the Spurs & meeting LA in the conference finals back in 2008 -- a stacked conference to be sure
Has had losing seasons ever since. He's a garbage coach. Their are alot better out there than this guy

He hasn't had much to work with since. Lets be honest.

Personal preference sometimes get's in the way of honesty.

BS does not shy away from tough jobs. Also, making millions makes bad coaching jobs a whole lot more palpable.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

So you are saying coaches do tank after all huh?
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Lol Bill Simmons just called BS an abomination.

where?
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

this is kinda funny, because based on his previous stint on other teams, i don't think players want him in the foxhole with them either.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing · 36s36 seconds ago
Byron said he'll listen to what minutes Kobe thinks he can play next yr because Kobe was "absolutely right" this yr but Byron overdid it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:
Byron said he'll listen to what minutes Kobe thinks he can play next yr because Kobe was "absolutely right" this yr but Byron overdid it.

Is Scott just trolling everyone???
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

Is Scott just trolling everyone???

Seriously LOL. How long we were all screaming for him to play Kobe fewer minutes?

I'm one of the biggest Kobe/Laker homers there is and I was clamoring for 28-32 min games before the season. Just like Kobe was. It was obvious

Hopefully Byron correct his blunders next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 157 of 694
Jump to: