OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
We just don't have the players to compete on a night to night basis. I was a huge dantoni supporter and believe he got to much of the blame for the how the team performed but as I stated earlier the team is just not good.
We have younger players like Randle, Davis, Lin, and Clarkson that should get majority of the minutes. If we're going to be bad, why not play the younger players? Those guys will be apart of the future. He's starting Nash, Boozer, and Hill when neither will be here next year.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

so the offense is basically ball in kobe's hand and everybody waiting and just stand around? no cutting no nothing?

pathetic.

why is Ed Davis not playing?
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

See what happens when you play Davis and you let Randle loose. Hope you learned your lesson, Byron.

Kiss my Converse.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
We just don't have the players to compete on a night to night basis. I was a huge dantoni supporter and believe he got to much of the blame for the how the team performed but as I stated earlier the team is just not good.
We have younger players like Randle, Davis, Lin, and Clarkson that should get majority of the minutes. If we're going to be bad, why not play the younger players? Those guys will be apart of the future. He's starting Nash, Boozer, and Hill when neither will be here next year.

My god, THIS x 1000
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

My god, THIS x 1000

nash will not be starting any games this year. he's done. as for boozer and hill, its important for us to showcase them to show other contenders that they can still play and put up numbers so we can trade them at the deadline
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

My god, THIS x 1000

nash will not be starting any games this year. he's done. as for boozer and hill, its important for us to showcase them to show other contenders that they can still play and put up numbers so we can trade them at the deadline

We can't trade Boozer, and Hill has to agree to a trade so we're limited as far as that goes (still hoping we move him though).
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
so the offense is basically ball in kobe's hand and everybody waiting and just stand around? no cutting no nothing?

pathetic.

This form of Kobe-centric offence will guarantee that Kobe won't finish the season healthy. His body simply can't take too many athletic moves with spins and turns or fade aways to get the job done. He can do it in some games but not in 82 games. He needs easier shots to pad his stat and to conserve energy. He should work with Lin and Scott to figure how to do that. Have some one set screens for him so he can fire his shots easier. Lin can dish out to him in his honey spots. He is a good playmaker too. So let him play some of that when Lin is out. That will involve the team more. A Kobe-centric offence on the nights he is off will mean blow outs after blow outs. Not a good sight for him nor the team.

Davis can't create his own shot although he is a good rim protector & defender. If Lin is back, look for Davis to have more playing time in the offensive sets. He & Lin have good chemistry and he is much better than Asik for finishing the roll to the basket in p&r with Lin.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject:

Really need davis to start. Lin, kobe, johnson, boozer, davis. That's a solid 5. Lin and davis have shown good chemistry. Kobe and Boozer also. Then price, clarkson, young, randle, hill. Those are some nice spark plugs off the bench. Randle and clarkson give you the penetration. All that 2nd unit thrives off energy.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

pathetic.

This form of Kobe-centric offence will guarantee that Kobe won't finish the season healthy. His body simply can't take too many athletic moves with spins and turns or fade aways to get the job done. He can do it in some games but not in 82 games. He needs easier shots to pad his stat and to conserve energy. He should work with Lin and Scott to figure how to do that. Have some one set screens for him so he can fire his shots easier. Lin can dish out to him in his honey spots. He is a good playmaker too. So let him play some of that when Lin is out. That will involve the team more. A Kobe-centric offence on the nights he is off will mean blow outs after blow outs. Not a good sight for him nor the team.

Davis can't create his own shot although he is a good rim protector & defender. If Lin is back, look for Davis to have more playing time in the offensive sets. He & Lin have good chemistry and he is much better than Asik for finishing the roll to the basket in p&r with Lin.

This is exactly the offense Kobe wants..lol Put him in corner post up positions draw the double team and dish out to others. What Kobe hated was the run and gun MDA offense which he couldn't keep up with. Remember when Howard was here, that Kobe centric offense is what basically got the Lakers to the playoffs. Scott is basically doing what Kobe wants, you keep Kobe happy things work out well. At the same time he's trying to add some variety to keep the others happy. Not an easy thing to please your superstar and keep the younger group happy in a run-modern age game. It's important to keep the young guys like Randle and Clarkson on that second group so that they don't have to deal with Kobe's system. That is why Scott was hired, he's smartly trying to figure out how to make two systems work. He has to strike a balance between the two worlds until Kobe retires.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

pathetic.

If Kobe's going down, he'll do it guns blazing. Is he Butch Cassidy or is he the Sundance Kid? I don't know, but the rest of the NBA is the Bolivian Army.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Really need davis to start. Lin, kobe, johnson, boozer, davis. That's a solid 5. Lin and davis have shown good chemistry. Kobe and Boozer also. Then price, clarkson, young, randle, hill. Those are some nice spark plugs off the bench. Randle and clarkson give you the penetration. All that 2nd unit thrives off energy.

I would like to see them at least experiment with Davis playing alongside the other starters.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

I would like to see them at least experiment with Davis playing alongside the other starters.

We ran a Price - Kobe - Johnson - Randle - Davis lineup in the 4th quarter and to the end of the game against the Jazz and it looked great.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

Agreed. I'd like to see more of Randle, Davis, and Kobe on the floor at the same time. Jordan Hill doesn't seem as motivated or capable as he should be for a starter. His preseason interviews had my hopes up for him, but he seems like the same ol' Hill.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see a PF/C rotation that started Hill & Davis, while bringing Randle off of the bench. I'd rather see the rookie make his mistakes than have Boozer in the rotation. He's getting "vet respect" minutes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Inside scoring would be horrible with Davis and Hill.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Not gonna lie, b Scott's rotations are starting to piss me off. It's almost the regular season and he's yet to even try davis in the starting lineup. Then the lin price situation. If he seriously doesn't start lin, he's an idiot. I know it's preseason so I'll chill but if lin is not a starter on day 1 then
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Not gonna lie, b Scott's rotations are starting to piss me off. It's almost the regular season and he's yet to even try davis in the starting lineup. Then the lin price situation. If he seriously doesn't start lin, he's an idiot. I know it's preseason so I'll chill but if lin is not a starter on day 1 then

100%. i'm thoroughly confused with scott's rotations and i highly doubt that at this point he's a misunderstood genius.
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:

After an outstanding game considering coming off 2 sprained ankles and a lack of practice with starters, and a night and day difference to what he brought in synergy to the team compared with Price, all Scott could say postgame about Lin was he looked rusty in the first and as a back handed compliment liked his
'energy and effort" (good try, son, someday you'll get results) and looked "good" in play in the second. Seems to be really reluctant to start Lin, who wouldn't start without Nash being absolutely medically unavailable it seems, but no guarantee in statements how he "might" start Lin due to Nash's injuries... "yeah, if Nash is in a cast on his back I just might have to start Lin"... < Sigh. >Someday Lin will have a coach (maybe Scott) who realizes what he can bring if you just openly say "Lin is the man I want orchestrating our offense. He is the starter, period" where Lin could relax and not feel he's on a short leash for mistakes or brief slump (e.g. Kobe shaking off some dust today against to tower above all others on the court in closing minutes) of being pulled or having someone else start like at Houston. We're not there yet, but hoping the consistent show of talent will make it an unstoppable choice to let him relax with confidence and play true starting PG for the good of the Lakers. He'll always be a good sport, but deep down a very frustrated man underutilized if not the starter going up against the best.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah. What the heck was up with his post game comments on lin? Trying some reverse psychology or what? Trying to stay hungry not get overly excited? Don't get it. Better start lin, I don't think scott cares, but the la fans/media truly will crucify him if he continues to roll w price as starter over lin, so there comfort in that. Then the media reports of scott having talks with starting lin when nash back acted up on him and bringing nash off bench is hopefully hints of the inevitable.

Another thing he needs to do is start davis. Jhill right now imo is all offense. Hell get some garbage plays, hit a few open jumpers, grind in the paint and get some rebounds, but davis can give you a lot of the same numbers offensively plus much better defense.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject:

Byron is doing fine, he's getting better defense from his team so his message is getting through. Needs to get people back so the offense starts to click. Randle has talent but needs time and lot's or practice before he becomes a starter. Davis great for that second team defensively keep him there, when Swaggy comes back and has those defensive lapses we're going to need Davis to be the rim protector.
The team is progressing and beginning to look like a tough Smashmouth team that will compete every night.
It's going to take time and those players that are injured are going to be off when they step on the court. I think Scott is doing a fine job.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Byron is doing fine, he's getting better defense from his team so his message is getting through. Needs to get people back so the offense starts to click. Randle has talent but needs time and lot's or practice before he becomes a starter. Davis great for that second team defensively keep him there, when Swaggy comes back and has those defensive lapses we're going to need Davis to be the rim protector.
The team is progressing and beginning to look like a tough Smashmouth team that will compete every night.
It's going to take time and those players that are injured are going to be off when they step on the court. I think Scott is doing a fine job.

It's gonna take time
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:

I think that Utah comeback was integral in creating belief in the team that they can transition to this new way of play and that it can work. And we followed it up with a nice outing against phoenix holding them below 100 in regulation in a game that we should have won if we could have made one of two free throws.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:

I think that Utah comeback was integral in creating belief in the team that they can transition to this new way of play and that it can work. And we followed it up with a nice outing against phoenix holding them below 100 in regulation in a game that we should have won if we could have made one of two free throws.

I think Laker fans can have that team that the other team will say "Oh crap we have to deal with those guys again". Remember those Utah Jerry Sloan teams that gave it to you on both sides of the court every time you met them. They were physical, gritty and didn't give an inch. If you beat me it's because you had your stuff, otherwise it's not going to be easy.
That's the team that will make the Laker fans proud, and that's what we were missing last year. Yesterday's game was won, if not for those two free throws game was over. Those things can be tweaked and repaired. Byron is creating a culture of toughness and that's the respect the Lakers will get. Right now we're right up there (even without main players) with Denver, Phoenix, Utah, the Clippers, Pelicans, etc. Without Durant OKC is very beatable so the playoffs are very possible, injuries is the only thing that can derail the results.
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Byron is doing fine, he's getting better defense from his team so his message is getting through...I think Scott is doing a fine job.

This. It's still pre-season and the Lakers have been juggling lineups due to injuries; they aren't in mid-season form yet. Based on Scott's objectives, of getting the team to play with energy and strong defense, they seem to be right on track.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

It is really pissing me off that Price is starting over Lin, Randle is not playing more minutes in the preseason, Davis is not getting enough minutes, and Wes is getting too much minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 5 of 694
Jump to: