OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 476, 477, 478 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Why the FO is torturing us like this...it's cruel and unusual. We have given them everything as fans as Dr. Buss gave us. I feel numb as a fan. It sucks.

Last edited by LakerEric on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
epak wrote:
I don't get all this madness about BScott not playing the youngsters at this time. Most college kids play around 30 games. And they usually hit the wall when playing their first/second full NBA seasons due to not EVER playing these many strenuous games in a year.

Now, if Byron doesn't play them in the 2nd half of the season, I'd be worried. But something tells me that they'll play, a la Jordan Clarkson.

The Lakers record is 9 - 41 = 50 games.

The second half of the season started 9 game ago.

Play the f'ing youngsters and mix in the veterans off the bench. Only vet I would start is Kobe because of the farewell tour. Also need to be playing Black with the youngsters. I agree with MacLean especially with this point. Should the Lakers be 9 - 41? No!!

Seriously what should the Laker's record be?

15-35? 14-36? 25-25?

Best case scenario we might be 12-38.

We are simply a bad team.

Without Scott? Depends on who else.

If we had Thibs?

Probably closer to 20 wins right now, aiming for 30-34 wins.

@laker4life, I would say around 20 games at this point, given a head coach who knew what the hell they were doing. I wouldn't mind the losing if this coach truly wanted to develop the youngsters. If BS let them play, take their lumps all in an effort to get them better and ready moving forward. Then by next year, they take that extra leap in getting better as a unit while bringing in some FA that would make the team even better. I don't see anything that BS does as being something positive or something the youngster could build on. This season became a big waste fast with the stupid schemes and stupid lineups!

20 wins????

I respectfully disagree.

I do not like Scott and his coaching style.

However, if I was in the FO, I would want to look in the mirror and ask myself how am I to blame for this debacle.

I look at this roster and have to accept the fact that we are simply not a good team. Russell, Clarkson, Nance and Randle are young players. I cannot expect them to be great or even good consistently.

Kobe has alot of mileage. William is good but I cannot expect him to have those 40 plus games nightly.

Hibbert is showing why the Pacers gave up on him.

Sorry, this is not a 19 win team.

NBA is too competitive with great players and coaching.

Also, I have to recognize that opposing teams will play a little better because it is KFT and we are the Lakers.

Maybe 13 wins but definitely no 20 wins.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Wow.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/02/byron-scott-defends-his-development-of-dangelo-russell/

Quote:
Russell: At this day and age, you kind of have a feel for what you did wrong. It might sound weird, but you don’t know what to ask. So like, I turned the ball over. I know I turned the ball over and I’m coming out of the game. I’m not sure if that’s why you’re pulling me out, but I’m not sure what to ask. ‘Cause I know I turned it over. There’s nothing that you can possibly say that’s going to bring that turnover back, or anything that I can possibly do. But it’s like, I don’t know what to ask. It’s like, he wouldn’t, I don’t know, tell me if I don’t ask. So that’s where it’s kind of a blur.

Aldridge: Is that just part of being a young guy — not knowing? You don’t know what you don’t know?

Russell: That’s the best way to put it. I don’t know what I don’t know.

I don't think Byron knows either. He is so used to some elite player carrying his career for him. I really don't know if he knows anything about actual player development or what to tell a young player.

This is where the quality of the Assistant Coaches cause the most harm. There should be 2-3 AC's that can pull Russell aside and tell him what's what. Where's Worthy in all of this? Madsen?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Why the FO is torturing us like this...it's cruel and unusual. We have given them everything as fans as Dr. Buss gave us. I feel numb as a fan. It sucks.

Glass half full

Imagine if we were going to be a 30 win team, miss the playoffs, and LOSE our draft pick!

At least in this case, our chances keep improving with every loss.

Is there a difference between winning 30 games and 15 games? You're still not in the playoffs.

At least the light at the end of the tunnel is a likely top 3 lotto pick and a shot at Simmons or Ingram.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Ryan McDonough said Hornacek was fired because the team wasn't responding to him. There's precedent, Mitch!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14699853/phoenix-suns-gm-ryan-mcdonough-says-team-responding-jeff-hornacek
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Math wrote:
Ryan McDonough said Hornacek was fired because the team wasn't responding to him. There's precedent, Mitch!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14699853/phoenix-suns-gm-ryan-mcdonough-says-team-responding-jeff-hornacek

Of course there is precedent.

However the Lakers have other issues in play.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
I am who I am," Scott told The Times. "Pat Riley wasn't easy on us. Larry Brown wasn't easy on me [in Indiana]. I think that's the reason I was successful because I had a coach that pushed me and tried to get the very best out of me.

There's a difference between being hard and being simply an a**hole. Nobody is asking him to be soft, but to be an actual coach, guide, teach, lead. He's not getting the best from anyone, as nobody knows what he wants. Even so, Riley could be an a**hole many times, but he was a hell of a coach.

He talks about "manning up", but he's the ultimate coward. A real man takes responsibility for himself and don't throw everything on the youngsters shoulders.

Byron Scott is so old school he probably still believes in beating up or hitting children as punishment.

He did say last year he "goes home and beats up his dog" after all.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
epak wrote:
I don't get all this madness about BScott not playing the youngsters at this time. Most college kids play around 30 games. And they usually hit the wall when playing their first/second full NBA seasons due to not EVER playing these many strenuous games in a year.

Now, if Byron doesn't play them in the 2nd half of the season, I'd be worried. But something tells me that they'll play, a la Jordan Clarkson.

Play the f'ing youngsters and mix in the veterans off the bench. Only vet I would start is Kobe because of the farewell tour. Also need to be playing Black with the youngsters. I agree with MacLean especially with this point. Should the Lakers be 9 - 41? No!!

15-35? 14-36? 25-25?

If we had Thibs?

@laker4life, I would say around 20 games at this point, given a head coach who knew what the hell they were doing. I wouldn't mind the losing if this coach truly wanted to develop the youngsters. If BS let them play, take their lumps all in an effort to get them better and ready moving forward. Then by next year, they take that extra leap in getting better as a unit while bringing in some FA that would make the team even better. I don't see anything that BS does as being something positive or something the youngster could build on. This season became a big waste fast with the stupid schemes and stupid lineups!

20 wins????

I respectfully disagree.

However, if I was in the FO, I would want to look in the mirror and ask myself how am I to blame for this debacle.

I look at this roster and have to accept the fact that we are simply not a good team. Russell, Clarkson, Nance and Randle are young players. I cannot expect them to be great or even good consistently.

Kobe has alot of mileage. William is good but I cannot expect him to have those 40 plus games nightly.

Also, I have to recognize that opposing teams will play a little better because it is KFT and we are the Lakers.

Definitely not a 20 win team with how Byron is coaching, but a competent coach playing to the players strength, I would say around 20 at this point. We agree to disagree. I would say if D'Antoni was coaching this team, I think they would have about 20 wins, but the defense would probably still suck. But it would be more entertaining to watch. I doubt if they would be next to last in offense as well.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
epak wrote:

15-35? 14-36? 25-25?

If we had Thibs?

20 wins????

I respectfully disagree.

Definitely not a 20 win team with how Byron is coaching, but a competent coach playing to the players strength, I would say around 20 at this point. We agree to disagree. I would say if D'Antoni was coaching this team, I think they would have about 20 wins, but the defense would probably still suck. But it would be more entertaining to watch. I doubt if they would be next to last in offense as well.

I agree with you on MDA. It would definitely be entertaining.

With MDA, I say 15 wins. 20 is a lot. Look at the kings, bucks, magic and wizard.

They have around 20 to 21. Their rosters are a lot betters than ours.

This roster is bad.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Here's a question: Is there any coach in the league you would rank below Byron?

Not below, but Sam Mitchel is, currently, about the same level.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Here's a question: Is there any coach in the league you would rank below Byron?

Not below, but Sam Mitchel is, currently, about the same level.

Despite his strange rotations, Mitchell actually puts a ton of effort into developing his players. Even Shabazz has looked much better from a team play standpoint this year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Glass half full

Imagine if we were going to be a 30 win team, miss the playoffs, and LOSE our draft pick!

Is there a difference between winning 30 games and 15 games? You're still not in the playoffs.

At least the light at the end of the tunnel is a likely top 3 lotto pick and a shot at Simmons or Ingram.

Hate that logic though.

If you used that logic, teams like Cleveland, Golden State, OKC, would still be tanking.

You can't expect to go 20 wins to 50 wins. At some point you have to win 30, 40 first.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Glass half full

Hate that logic though.

If you used that logic, teams like Cleveland, Golden State, OKC, would still be tanking.

You can't expect to go 20 wins to 50 wins. At some point you have to win 30, 40 first.

Agreed. You're basically advocating churning in quicksand for more and more lottery picks. Basically the 76ers. And most of LG is embracing this it's sad. 15 wins means we've made ZERO progress in 3 years. At the first sign of duress next year, the same cats will advocate going for the pick..even if it's a 5% chance we keep it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Glass half full

Hate that logic though.

Agreed. You're basically advocating churning in quicksand for more and more lottery picks. Basically the 76ers. And most of LG is embracing this it's sad. 15 wins means we've made ZERO progress in 3 years. At the first sign of duress next year, the same cats will advocate going for the pick..even if it's a 5% chance we keep it.

And looking at the development trajectory of even the best players in the NBA, outside of Lebron and a small handful of top picks since 2003, a team may have a future star or franchise talent on its roster thrown into the perpetual tanking cycle when development and team building would be more beneficial to the young Curry, George, or Butler to be.

GSW was built through the draft, true, but they were on the dreaded mediocrity treadmill the Sixers are attempting to avoid through The Process. GSW gave out questionable deals, traded for role playing vets, etc. and almost never made the playoffs and never landed a top five pick. But luck and later smart leadership under new management led to smart drafting and development, which made it easier to enact smart trades, FA signings, etc. That team never bottomed out to win.

So if the Lakers are lucky enough to keep their top-3 selection this year, draft well, and build for the future under a new coach with a vision without embracing being horrible to escape mediocrity.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

TOOK US 50 (bleep) GAMES TO GET A BASS/BLACK FRONTLINE!!!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Rofl...what we were clamoring for in pre-season took this numbskull 50 games. I bet he didn't even come up with it. FO probably lit his ass up.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Rofl...what we were clamoring for in pre-season took this numbskull 50 games. I bet he didn't even come up with it. FO probably lit his ass up.

they definitely talked with him. Byron said the goal for the 2nd half of the season is to see what the young players have. That's not Byron's gameplan
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

The ridiculous thing is that it's not even a case of being too old school. It's making a stupid decision and then doubling down on it over and over again.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

The ridiculous thing is that it's not even a case of being too old school. It's making a stupid decision and then doubling down on it over and over again.

I know too many coaches who get locked in on an opinion on a guy and then it's all over for him. That's what I think this is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Byron will forever take credit for DLO's success whenever he's fired.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe goes for 38-5-5 on 73% TS%, none of the kids plays badly, and the Lakers win by just 4.

Lol.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Tarik better enjoy this while he can. He's headed back to the D-League when Nance gets back
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

well today's win just gave this idiot job for another 2 months.

march 1st is the next win against Nets at home
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Sorry my fat Kobe chubby it's flopping all over my keyboard.

I'll be back to Byron bash tomorrow....tonight is highlights!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Kobe goes for 38-5-5 on 73% TS%, none of the kids plays badly, and the Lakers win by just 4.

Lol.

I'm just enjoying tonight, but this is the truth.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 476, 477, 478 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 477 of 694
Jump to: