OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 513, 514, 515 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject:

I want more 'Drifts' to educate me on my lack of appreciation for the excellent coach Scott.....On the real, what the hell happened to Byron? Respected member of showtime, Indiana and Vancouver as well as his last year in LA where he was an awesome backup and was the guy who I felt was most reliable with hitting a clutch shot in that 97 Laker squad even over Van Exel and Horry.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
this really was a well coached game by Scott... good things happen when players listen to their coaches. rebellion never leads to anything good.

Ah yes, rebellion never leads to anything good. That American Revolution deal was really a terrible thing. So was that Civil Rights Movement. Oh and don't get me started on the those Ghandi and Nelson Mandela jerks!

And if you want an example that hits a little closer to home, how about that time Magic got Westhead fired? Getting Pat freakin Riley as head coach and winning another 4 chips in the 80's sure sucked..

So yeah, rebellion never leads to anything good..

Darth Vader agrees.

The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject:

Drifts got destroyed...Jesus. How's he supposed to recover his manhood now?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
this really was a well coached game by Scott... good things happen when players listen to their coaches. rebellion never leads to anything good.

Hahahahahaha.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject:

the GS win probably gonna play a huge role in Buss kids' decision whether to retain scott. it's unfortunated they're looking for any reason to keep this guy, instead the other way around.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Hahahahahaha.

I finally understand. Drifts is DLO's older brother, trying to make up for this:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/9/16/9341729/la-lakers-dangelo-russell-crossover
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
24 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Jesus...

It's safe to say that before we drafted Russell over Okafor, Drifts had not yet 'manned up':

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=6114048

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170272&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=7050

Let's put the entire quotes here, courtesy of DRIFTS re: Byron:

Quote:
lol you know a trash coach when he can't talk about strategy, but rather talks about vague adjectives instead.

I don't know why Lin is being made the scapegoat for the loss, Burke was not lighting up the Lakers like Lillard did, it was Hayward that torched us...

but tough, soft? who the (bleep) cares? that's old school mentality... some of guys in the NBA, like Dirk, can't be labeled "tough" but lucky for him Don Nelson was a fast forward thinker and was not stuck in the past, used his skills to his advantage.

Ronnie Price is not really tough. I have never seen him shut down a PG before... and his lack of offense makes him a net negative on the floor for the team... I think Scott's knowledge of the PG position is limited to just bringing the ball up then disappearing in the offense... that's why Scott loves Price too much.

Scott hates Lin too much, we get it... he has a preconceive notion that Lin is soft... so there is no cure for that... so, why not use Clarkson and let him develop into a decent PG?

That sounds rebellious.

Quote:
it doesn't take a genius to know Scott's system is garbage... again, even Kobe is having the worst season of his career. let's let that sink in.

Oh. More rebellion.

Quote:
agree. Byron is probably the only coach in the NBA who does not use the pick and roll much often... but the world champion San Antonio Spurs use it often.. but who cares, let's jack up these ill-advised long 2s... lol

Mutiny.

Quote:
I am just wondering... did Byron call out Nick when he was struggling? did he call him soft on defense too? because, I love Swaggy P, but I can't call him tough or anything on the defensive end either.

it really sounds like Byron hates Lin that much...

Civil War.

Quote:
you are right... but I am hoping he'll tune out Scott and call his own number more often...

TREASON.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
24 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Jesus...

It's safe to say that before we drafted Russell over Okafor, Drifts had not yet 'manned up':

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170272&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=7050

Let's put the entire quotes here, courtesy of DRIFTS re: Byron:

Quote:
lol you know a trash coach when he can't talk about strategy, but rather talks about vague adjectives instead.

I don't know why Lin is being made the scapegoat for the loss, Burke was not lighting up the Lakers like Lillard did, it was Hayward that torched us...

but tough, soft? who the (bleep) cares? that's old school mentality... some of guys in the NBA, like Dirk, can't be labeled "tough" but lucky for him Don Nelson was a fast forward thinker and was not stuck in the past, used his skills to his advantage.

Ronnie Price is not really tough. I have never seen him shut down a PG before... and his lack of offense makes him a net negative on the floor for the team... I think Scott's knowledge of the PG position is limited to just bringing the ball up then disappearing in the offense... that's why Scott loves Price too much.

Scott hates Lin too much, we get it... he has a preconceive notion that Lin is soft... so there is no cure for that... so, why not use Clarkson and let him develop into a decent PG?

That sounds rebellious.

Quote:
it doesn't take a genius to know Scott's system is garbage... again, even Kobe is having the worst season of his career. let's let that sink in.

Oh. More rebellion.

Quote:
agree. Byron is probably the only coach in the NBA who does not use the pick and roll much often... but the world champion San Antonio Spurs use it often.. but who cares, let's jack up these ill-advised long 2s... lol

Mutiny.

Quote:
I am just wondering... did Byron call out Nick when he was struggling? did he call him soft on defense too? because, I love Swaggy P, but I can't call him tough or anything on the defensive end either.

it really sounds like Byron hates Lin that much...

Civil War.

Quote:
you are right... but I am hoping he'll tune out Scott and call his own number more often...

TREASON.

Damn, you just applied the parking brake to Drifts' posting career
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

I'm still in a morning haze... did we just beat Golden State? Is Byron actually a decent coach? Has he actually been tanking on purpose these last few years and pretending he was trying to win? Step aside DiCaprio, we made a mistake, that should have been Byron receiving the Academy Award a week ago.

Byron: "and to finish up my speech... I'd like to especially thank Tarik Black, for his patience with me as I hid him for an entire season so we could get Ben Simmons"...
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

As the kids like to say these days:

Drifts be purpin'.

!...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

Rough year for Drifts.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

Byron can't lose this season. If we stink, chalk it up to tanking and protecting our pick. If we play better, "see, told you the new offensive system is working." or "young fellas are manning up."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
24 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Jesus...

lol

LG's Receipts Department has had quite a week.

Told y'all about his shenanigans in the Lin thread. Dude's been fronting everyone all season...total (bleep)-show.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I give Byron little credit for Russell either way.
When Russ was struggling early on, it was mostly him. He needed to figure some things out, get comfortable.
Now he has, and looks way better, and with his huge games this past 2 weeks, I can't give Byron much credit in that.

What I will say is that unfortunately I do think Byron has a better chance at coming back now than he did say 2 months ago. I think it's 50-50.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I would say 80% chance he is gone, but I am biased by Mitch's opinion on the matter, and he probably won't be the one making the final decision.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

He probably won't even log in until D'Angelo has a bad game again.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Damn, you guys are brutalizing Drifts
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
He probably won't even log in until D'Angelo has a bad game again.

It was nice knowing Drifts then

JK
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject:

I don't think it's fair to pick posts someone made a year ago and crowd on him

We're all Laker fans here
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

What wouldn't be fair to the rest of the posters on the board would be to let someone to continually push disingenuous and contradictory arguments with impunity.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Neither is it fair for someone to continuously push their agenda by only showing up when that player has a bad game.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Neither is it fair for someone to continuously push their agenda by only showing up when that player has a bad game.

Okay that's fair, but isn't that more for the mods to do than the community? If you've got a community piling on someone then you create a hostile forum where it's not fun for people to comment
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

We're talking about posts he made yesterday
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I give Byron little credit for Russell either way.
When Russ was struggling early on, it was mostly him. He needed to figure some things out, get comfortable.
Now he has, and looks way better, and with his huge games this past 2 weeks, I can't give Byron much credit in that.

What I will say is that unfortunately I do think Byron has a better chance at coming back now than he did say 2 months ago. I think it's 50-50.

Sure. But again. It's like my analogy of the captain explaining to the owner of a yacht that he sank it through his negligence (didn't pay attention and hit a big rock) but hey, he managed to get everyone on a life raft (which they would have done anyways).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Okay that's fair, but isn't that more for the mods to do than the community? If you've got a community piling on someone then you create a hostile forum where it's not fun for people to comment

Why? If you're caught telling tall tales, the internet has a way of making it come to light.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 513, 514, 515 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 514 of 694
Jump to: