OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
I'd also like to add that the whole, "doesn't matter who starts but who finishes, " argument I think is mostly bogus. Unless u need that guy to lead the usually weak bench, you want to start the game w your best players no? Why fall behind from the get go and let the opposition set the tone?

If it doesn't matter then I guess it would be ok for kobe to come off the bench for some lame rationale that the bench needs his offensive firepower while conserving his health vs 2nd units and less strenuous playing time.

If it don't matter who starts then why not start davis even just to experiment in preseason?

I think that Scott is starting who he thinks are his best players.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
I'd also like to add that the whole, "doesn't matter who starts but who finishes, " argument I think is mostly bogus. Unless u need that guy to lead the usually weak bench, you want to start the game w your best players no? Why fall behind from the get go and let the opposition set the tone?

If it doesn't matter then I guess it would be ok for kobe to come off the bench for some lame rationale that the bench needs his offensive firepower while conserving his health vs 2nd units and less strenuous playing time.

If it don't matter who starts then why not start davis even just to experiment in preseason?

If that's true then I question Scott's player development.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's pre-season, so take it FWIW, but we have been down in all 6 games by the end of the 1st.

PHX: 24-17
Utah: 32-20
Utah: 25-20
GS: 39-13
GS: 35-27
Denv: 29-27.

But some of the starters are out of the game several minutes before the end of the first. I thought the starters defended pretty well to start the game last night, but lost focus when Kobe went to the bench prior to the end of the quarter.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
So, Price is starting tonight again? When did he leapfrog over Lin? Odd.

Read back in this thread regarding Lin's ankle injuries.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

brunel wrote:

Is that confirmed?
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

If that's true BScott is no better than MBrown or DAntoni
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
brunel wrote:

He seems fine now. Nash was out there starting when it was clear they were guarding his minutes. If Scott sees Lin eventually starting, you'd think he'd want him to play some minutes with the starting unit. I guess we'll see on Tuesday.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

since1991 wrote:
brunel wrote:

Is that confirmed?

Saw some tweet with Price penciled in as starter. I guess it could change.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

Who is he not developing?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
brunel wrote:

He seems fine now. Nash was out there starting when it was clear they were guarding his minutes. If Scott sees Lin eventually starting, you'd think he'd want him to play some minutes with the starting unit. I guess we'll see on Tuesday.

He played quite a few with most of the starters in the 4th last night. And Lin is behind the curve due to missing practice time, that will eventually correct itself.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

lol nash disappeared haan?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

Who is he not developing?

Davis because he should be starting. He's already better than Hill defensively and I believe he could eventually match Hill's offensive production if he's already not matching it right now. And I'm waiting for Lin to get the start over price.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Starting the best players isn't the plan, playing the most complimentary units should be the plan. Starting Lin with Kobe seems a waste since Kobe will be taking the ball out of Lin's hands. And Lin and Davis seem to have developed some great chemistry, so bringing both off the bench together makes sense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

My biggest coach Scott complaint right now is that he is misusing Julius Hopefully he corrects it soon. GT and fiendishoc articulated the issue well in the X and O thread.

Overall as our head coach I think he is probably at a 3.5-4 stars on yelp right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

That's not true. Scott recently said in an interview that he was starting Price because Price has been getting all the reps in, with the starters, etc.

Not because he thought Price was the best player.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Starting the best players isn't the plan, playing the most complimentary units should be the plan. Starting Lin with Kobe seems a waste since Kobe will be taking the ball out of Lin's hands. And Lin and Davis seem to have developed some great chemistry, so bringing both off the bench together makes sense.

So you would've started Price over a healthy Nash with that reasoning?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I would have to see how a healthy Nash played before deciding. Defensivley, yes.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I thought Lin and Kobe worked well when they were in at the same time last night. Sure Kobe posted up and asked for the ball but Lin was also able to deny Kobe and find open guys while attacking the basket too.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I thought Lin and Kobe worked well when they were in at the same time last night. Sure Kobe posted up and asked for the ball but Lin was also able to deny Kobe and find open guys while attacking the basket too.

Agree. This starting line up without Lin is only about Kobe in the offense and Kobe's been having slow start offensively in these games which is why we are always falling behind and trying to catch up from the beginning.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

and Kobe likes playing with Lin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I thought Jeremy and Kobe played very well together.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

how do you plan to score with that starting unit then?

Price? yuck
Boozer? ok
Wes Johnson? yuck yuck
Hill? Yuck
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Q: Do you see Jeremy as your closing point guard late in the game or is this just seeing how he works?

Byron Scott: "this was more giving him a chance to play 20 something minutes and giving ron a chance to get some rest"

Does Byron Scott really thing Ronnie Price is better than Jeremy Lin? I am worried by that response haha

i just take it to mean that he didn't plan to commit or make a statement about lin being the closing pg. his goal was to give lin some minutes to see how the ankles hold up and give ron a little rest.

i think it's too early for him to know that, considering lin hasn't played all that much in preseason.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Byron's had a hard on for Price since training camp he'll probably start from here on out.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I would have to see how a healthy Nash played before deciding. Defensivley, yes.

Well, if we're talking strictly defensively, sure, I'd play Lin or Price over Nash, but that's not what you were alluding to when you were talking about wasting Lin's talents with the ball mainly being in Kobe's hands. I don't even know how Price is more complementary, when he's not a playmaker and provides no spacing being under 40% FG and under 30% 3pt shooting for his career. He's not even a very good 3rd stringer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 7 of 694
Jump to: