OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

B. Scott'isms since the beginning of the season:

These guys are a bunch of dummies who don't know how to run the offense.

Gritty... gritty...

You just gotta do what you gotta do...

I'm going to talk to Kobe before I decide to do anything.

Kobe looked really tired tonight.

I'm going to make a lineup change. These guys are a bunch of dummies who don't know how to run the offense.

(20 games later) These guys are a bunch of dummies who don't know how to run the offense. Kobe looked really tired tonight. I plan to sit down and talk with him about it. Maybe at some point in the future we'll do something about it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject:

it's terrible to the point that, I am eagerly waiting for anything positive from Byron Scott... it's like, everything he touches turns to poop and when he opens his mouth fart come blurting out.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Byron Scott had a great opportunity. That situation that the Lakers found themselves in caused them to not be ready to attract the premier guys, and they needed a Laker face to get the media, and in particular, former Lakers in it, off their back. An interim name while they rebuild.

Had Byron realized this, and availed himself of progressive x and O men as assistants, and concentrated on representing the brand, controlling minutes, and allowing the x and O guys to carry the scheme, he could have been more than interim guy. Phil knew how to do that very well, as did Doc Rivers in Boston. Supply leadership and a sense of calm and togetherness and discipline, and let your assistants do the dirty work. In the end, Scott is rapidly eroding what he can do by fumbling what he doesn't do well. I'm surprised if he lasts beyond next year.
TQM
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Alloy wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Who knew he'd play Kobe huge minutes despite ample evidence that Kobe was wearing down? Plus, I can't really ever bet against the Lakers. Just not in me, which is why I don't gamble on sports.

Kobe's mpg this year is among the lowest in his career. I do agree that 35 mpg is too many for this version of Kobe, but it isn't like Scott is pulling a D'Antoni and leaving him in all game.

It did look like Kobe started hitting the wall a few weeks ago, but he's also earned the right to see if he could push through it. We all know this is a lost season anyway, what's the point of Byron pulling him against his will?

To preserve Kobe for next season and possibly give our other guys a little more run to see if anybody should stick around. Scott acts like Kobe shouldn't have any restrictions whatsoever.

I haven't seen that. Like I said, 35 is too many minutes, but I do notice Scott largely sticking to his strategy - pulling Kobe at the end of the first and third quarters, trying to sneak a few extra minutes of rest.

Part of the problem is that the Lakers are more mediocre than awful - they lose a lot, but they're usually in a decent position well into the second half (with exceptions like the Dallas game, any game against Golden State, etc). Makes it tempting to play him and see if we can win.

The only young'n that I think needs any run is Clarkson. I think we know what Lin is made of, likewise with Davis and Ellington. Who else needs more minutes? The cupboard is pretty bare.

Team basketball... Off ball movement... NBA is not street basketball and this Laker is playing more ISO than a street basketball...

Perhaps no other on this Laker had a great record in making ISO plays against double or triple team. But that does not mean that they could not make a open shot at a rate higher than what Kobe is forced (by BScott) to do right now.

It is not about who is the better player. It is ISO play with tired legs from a great player vs team ball with average shooters. I do not even want to mention the defense.

The logic that Kobe has no good enough team to pass to does not even stand the basic scrutiny. It has also been proven to wrong and wrong again by the game we won. In Spurs game, Kobe had mostly been great in passing the ball, that is the version of Kobe we need. Not the Kobe with tired leggs and made a lot of TOs in the last 3 minutes of a game.

It is a outright desrepect from the coach to run failed ISO Kobe plays. What does that say to other players who actually shoot a better percentage than those ISO plays? Think about that for a second.

This post was hard to understand, but I think I get your basic meaning. It is a bad basketball decision to run ISO plays for Kobe down the stretch when he is clearly struggling in the latter part of games, but the fact is we're talking about Kobe Bryant.

Kobe has done enough for the franchise that it is worth letting him do what he wants to do for at least a season or two. Hopefully (no guarantees though) other star players will recognize that we treat our greats with the utmost respect. Even if they don't, I think its worth it to indulge Kobe.

When one flawed argument doesn't work, try another. Now, it is just do it for Kobe because he earned it? Try anything, I guess. Hard to understand the flow and logic.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus · 9m9 minutes ago
Byron Scott said he's happy thus far with his lineup change last 7ish games - going to give it another 8-13 games before re-evaluating

he's happy with losing. we get it. the guy doesn't like to move forward out of his comfort zone
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Byron Scott said he's happy thus far with his lineup change last 7ish games - going to give it another 8-13 games before re-evaluating

he's happy with losing. we get it. the guy doesn't like to move forward out of his comfort zone

Before the season started, I honestly thought this was at worst a .500 team and had an outside shot of making the playoffs as the 8th seed. Now with the way this team is managed, lack of defense, inconsistent play and substitutions favoring the players who lay the most bricks.

No now I think they will be lucky to win 20 games.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Before the season started, I honestly thought this was at worst a .500 team and had an outside shot of making the playoffs as the 8th seed. Now with the way this team is managed, lack of defense, inconsistent play and substitutions favoring the players who lay the most bricks.

This may be a .500 team. But not with this coach.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
allyoop wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Well, with Randle, Nash playing 20 mpg, Kelly, X, I thought it was a possible 32-35 win team. Without, this is a mid 20 win team.
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Gritty... gritty...

I'm going to make a lineup change. These guys are a bunch of dummies who don't know how to run the offense.

(20 games later) These guys are a bunch of dummies who don't know how to run the offense. Kobe looked really tired tonight. I plan to sit down and talk with him about it. Maybe at some point in the future we'll do something about it.

It is so obvious that BS's ONLY mission is to do whatever it takes too make Kobe happy... When Kobe have bad game. Not getting back on D. what does he say? His leg is tired. When Kobe shot too much, he say Kobe is competitive.

When other people in the team play bad. Make a mistake. He says they are dumb. No effort.

Nobody in the team matter. Win or lose does not matter. Whatever decision BS makes, is for Kobe. Kobe need to be the hero to win a ball game. Even though I don't mind Kobe taking game winning shot. But I feel that the reason behind it is not because it gives a better chance to win the game. It is just the reason to make Kobe happy.

So far I don't think I read anything BS said that is criticizing Kobe like he criticizing other players. Did other players on the team really make so much more mistake than Kobe that they deserve the blame but Kobe doesn't?

Playing with a coach like this. Who shows unfair standard among players. I can't imagine how motivated they want to play for this coach.

However, having said all these. I guess BS doesn't have much choice. Because BS is probably not at the level who can criticize Kobe and be able to get away from not getting fire yet.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Gritty... gritty...

It is so obvious that BS's ONLY mission is to do whatever it takes too make Kobe happy... When Kobe have bad game. Not getting back on D. what does he say? His leg is tired. When Kobe shot too much, he say Kobe is competitive.

When other people in the team play bad. Make a mistake. He says they are dumb. No effort.

Nobody in the team matter. Win or lose does not matter. Whatever decision BS makes, is for Kobe. Kobe need to be the hero to win a ball game. Even though I don't mind Kobe taking game winning shot. But I feel that the reason behind it is not because it gives a better chance to win the game. It is just the reason to make Kobe happy.

So far I don't think I read anything BS said that is criticizing Kobe like he criticizing other players. Did other players on the team really make so much more mistake than Kobe that they deserve the blame but Kobe doesn't?

Playing with a coach like this. Who shows unfair standard among players. I can't imagine how motivated they want to play for this coach.

However, having said all these. I guess BS doesn't have much choice. Because BS is probably not at the level who can criticize Kobe and be able to get away from not getting fire yet.

This is Kobe's team. BS became Lakers' coach because Kobe.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Byron Scott is an awful coach, I think his history and this year have shown he is an Assistant Coach at best. I will give him props though if he does follow through on his words and benches Kobe for a few games/limits his minutes. Let's be real, it takes some balls to bench your $24M/year superstar because he is playing so pathetically. I couldn't imagine Phil ever benching Michael Jordan or Kobe.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Byron Scott is an awful coach, I think his history and this year have shown he is an Assistant Coach at best. I will give him props though if he does follow through on his words and benches Kobe for a few games/limits his minutes. Let's be real, it takes some balls to bench your $24M/year superstar because he is playing so pathetically. I couldn't imagine Phil ever benching Michael Jordan or Kobe.
Byron will only bench Kobe with Kobe's permission.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Byron will only bench Kobe with Kobe's permission.

when the priest said "you can kiss the bride", Byron looked over at Kobe to get the OK first
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

I don't think he does that as benching in negative way. It is resting. like how Spurs resting their players. I think BS did mention about resting Kobe on a btb. but never happened. Probably because Kobe doesn't want it.

I am not saying Kobe refuse to sit is a bad thing knowing he wants to play. he just need to know his limitation and do something else to help instead of shooting. and.... missing.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
allyoop wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Bear in mind both Phoenix and Pelicans are floating at around .500. They have rosters that are light years ahead of ours.

Byron is probably the worse coach since Randy Pfund to grace the Lakers sideline but this roster wasn't sniffing .500 no matter who was out there.
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
allyoop wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Bear in mind both Phoenix and Pelicans are floating at around .500. They have rosters that are light years ahead of ours.

Byron is probably the worse coach since Randy Pfund to grace the Lakers sideline but this roster wasn't sniffing .500 no matter who was out there.

Pelicans have had a very tough schedule so far I believe. They may be close to 50 wins by the end of the season.
bevwenz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Byron Scott had a great opportunity. That situation that the Lakers found themselves in caused them to not be ready to attract the premier guys, and they needed a Laker face to get the media, and in particular, former Lakers in it, off their back. An interim name while they rebuild.

Had Byron realized this, and availed himself of progressive x and O men as assistants, and concentrated on representing the brand, controlling minutes, and allowing the x and O guys to carry the scheme, he could have been more than interim guy. Phil knew how to do that very well, as did Doc Rivers in Boston. Supply leadership and a sense of calm and togetherness and discipline, and let your assistants do the dirty work. In the end, Scott is rapidly eroding what he can do by fumbling what he doesn't do well. I'm surprised if he lasts beyond next year.

Interesting thing is that he already knew how to do that gig you talk about...it's what he did in his first, and easily most successful job in NJ. It also had everyone from ownership to his star player questioning just what value he added though, and ultimately got him fired despite a really good resume (at that point at least).

Since then he has gotten progressively more involved in each of his following jobs (NO,CL, LA) with increasingly bad results, as his coaching weaknesses are exposed. Seems he was possibly so scarred by his NJ experience that maybe he didn't realize that both ownership and his star player here would have been more than happy with a hands off type coach, for the reasons you stated above.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
allyoop wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Pelicans have had a very tough schedule so far I believe. They may be close to 50 wins by the end of the season.

Ours has been tougher...marginally.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

On the plus side, he's doing a pretty impressive job of "appearing" calm. George Washington's statue-esque pose on the bow of the Titanic.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

he's the opposite of MDA on the surface.

nothing annoyed me more than seeing MDA patrol the sidelines whining like a little baby 90% of the time. or looking like he was going to cry.

byron is different. with that said, he is still struggling just like MDA was.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:

nothing annoyed me more than seeing MDA patrol the sidelines whining like a little baby 90% of the time. or looking like he was going to cry.

MDA had a more depleted roster and no Kobe.
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

MDA had a more depleted roster and no Kobe.

And MDA will probably have a better Lakers record than BS.
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Realistically, the roster is not a .500 team. I think most knowledgeable fans knew that coming in to the season. But, I think fans at least want to see improvement and team chemistry with this team. That did not materialize and I think BS is the main cause of it off the floor and Kobe is the cause on the floor. Personally, what's worse is that the style they play and the way they play is just ugly to watch. It's very predictable and lacks flow and consistency.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

villavs wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Realistically, the roster is not a .500 team. I think most knowledgeable fans knew that coming in to the season. But, I think fans at least want to see improvement and team chemistry with this team. That did not materialize and I think BS is the main cause of it off the floor and Kobe is the cause on the floor. Personally, what's worse is that the style they play and the way they play is just ugly to watch. It's very predictable and lacks flow and consistency.

Yeah. It's just plain ugly basketball.

If we're not going to win, at least show us good ball. Show a team that is involved and energetic.
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

Kobe has done enough for the franchise that it is worth letting him do what he wants to do for at least a season or two. Hopefully (no guarantees though) other star players will recognize that we treat our greats with the utmost respect. Even if they don't, I think its worth it to indulge Kobe.

Completely disagree.

The most disrespect you can show to a man is to coddle him and pretend he's doing fine when he's not.

I agree with your disagreement. When you indulge unrealistic wishes of players (like Kobe), you lose their respect. But what's worse, you lose the respect the other players on your team and the respect of other players in the league. For management, they can still be loyal to Kobe without necessary kowtowing to his every whim and fancy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 83 of 694
Jump to: