OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
"It's what Father (Doc Buss) would have wanted"

Every game I watch this year, I am going to hear that ringing in my head.

father was smart enough to let shaq go & would have done the same with kobe.

kids on the other hand?? SMH

Father had authority. Kids run by committee...with a sister trying to sabotage the brother in every was possible because her man did not get the job.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

magickobe24 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
petergr wrote:
Well that did not take too long. I told this many times...its not the coaches...its the eat first contracts.

FWIW...MDA is an above average NBA coach...BS is at the bottom of the pile.

really.....how can you blame this on the coach or kobe......look at the front office....they put the d league on the floor. this talent is not even nba ready. this is an embarrassment and if ms Jeannie buss doesn't fire jim and mitch kupchek tonight.....there is no future for the lakers.

So, both Jim and Mitch have to be fired tonight or else there is nor future for the Lakers? Very interesting.

I agree I'm so disgusted with Mitch, please dude you have to stand for what you believe and what you learned from West. If Jimbo tells you otherwise you stand up for your beliefs, and tell him that you don't want to be part of this embarrassment.

here we go again with this bad logic. come one guys. we have to stop this panic attack mentality. its been 3 injury riddled seasons in a row. and you are now blaming mitch for what? not getting melo? wasnt coming here to begin with. had more money to get back on the team he was currently on. he never deserved max from the lakers since he isnt good enough to will a sorry team into the playoffs on his back. he's not good enough for max money. kobe did that. shaq and penny were in the finals, shaq with the lakers early on at least got to the playoffs before pj got here.

melo couldnt even drag his team into the offs like kobe did with smush and cook. melo's knicks team was not that bad and he's in the east. shame on him.

So ... you want to over pay and give people too many years that dont deserve it just to be a mediocre team forever?

This prime Melo is definitely a downgrade, poor man's version of prime Kobe. If people thought that Juwan Howard deal back in the day was bad, this Melo one is at least as bad. I'd say worse. He's only interested in himself. Couldn't see him winning titles with Gasol, Odom, etc.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

My contention, again, was is the bad defense Byron's fault, or the player's fault. It's the players. Coach's can drill you, and tell you how important defense is. But, if you don't put the EFFORT into it, come game time, then what does it matter?

I haven't seen a lack of coaching from Byron...yet. What I see is a lack of effort, and hustle, on defense from our players. You know. Those guys on the court with the Lakers jerseys, getting paid...in MONEY...TO SUCK!

I'm hoping to see some kind of improvement as the year goes on, and as the team gets healthier, hopefully. With health, and developed chemistry, I'm hoping to see the team progress in a upward direction.

ZOOM!

How can't a a coach who is a leader of men, not motivate his team to play with effort and hustle? specially when u are a new coach?

As a leader its the coach's responsibility to make sure ur players give 100% all the time

Have you always done everything, everyone/anyone has told you to do?

There's the answer to your question.

Grown men, making grown decisions. Right or wrong, good or bad.

For "motivation" to work, it can't all come from somebody else. There has to be something inside a person that "burns".

A lack of internal fire is not completely a coach's fault. Simple.

ZOOM!
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

If they want to develop Lin - playing him 21 minutes regardless of the score isn't the way to do it. If Kobe is on the floor busting his ass, Lin has to be right beside him. Right now the Lakers are doing a disservice to Kobe. Play the guys that have heart and hustle ~ Kobe shouldn't be fighting for pride and Lakers purple and gold alone, while down 25pts.

SMDH. Pissed.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie Buss wants Kobe Bryant to sign another contract in 2016

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/jeanie-buss-kobe-bryant-lakers

nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

No loud mouth, classless comments from Magic Johnson yet. If MDA were still at the helm, I doubt there would be the same level of silence so far.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

It's not looking good right now, but MDA, without question, had a better roster.

People just love to put down Pau, but the guy was an anchor (specifically with his low-post scoring and rebounding), and prevented us from being even worse than we should have been. Also, guys like Farmar and Blake are quality players. I said when we got Lin that I didn't think that he would be better than either of them. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I thought and said at the time. You also have to look at someone like Meeks, who was so deadly from beyond the arc, as well as an improved defender, and driver to the rim.

This team just isn't as good as last years.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
No loud mouth, classless comments from Magic Johnson yet. If MDA were still at the helm, I doubt there would be the same level of silence so far.

Good point, but I think if this continues, he will eventually be honest, even if it means criticizing his old friend/teammate.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
It's not looking good right now, but MDA, without question, had a better roster.

People just love to put down Pau, but the guy was an anchor (specifically with his low-post scoring and rebounding), and prevented us from being even worse than we should have been. Also, guys like Farmar and Blake are quality players. I said when we got Lin that I didn't think that he would be better than either of them. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I thought and said at the time. You also have to look at someone like Meeks, who was so deadly from beyond the arc, as well as an improved defender, and driver to the rim.

The roster is not better we never had Kobe last year. Kendall Marshall was our pg. price is better than him and he's our backup. Dantoni did a great job of spreading the floor and allowing the players to play there game. Give the guy some credit. I'm not giving Scott any excuses when dantoni got all the blame
Jedi_Mind_Tricks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I do not understand how a team that has the money the Lakers do, refuse to go after proven coaches. There have been quite a few available during the Brown, and D'Antoni era, and each time they chose the worst coach they could possibly choose. Anyone could see this Byron Scott thing being a disaster. What has this guy ever done? And this whole, not shooting 3's may be the worst strategy I have ever seen. Like, can he really be that stupid? You can't win in this era of basketball without the 3 being a huge part of your offense, especially when you have absolutely no offensive players.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
With offensive sets that emphasize long two's and defensive rotations that allow opposing teams to get wide open 3's with their feet set, in many ways we're getting beaten by math rather than opponents.

Kobe said the same in his post game interview. he said that the 3point margin, mathematically, is just hard to overcome.

Did he not complain about D'Antoni's reliance on 3s?
There's a happy compromise there. You don't need 4 guys standing behind the 3 point line like MDA. But 1 is not enough You need 2-3 guys behind there to space the floor. If you're taking an outside shot and 1 foot is the difference between 3 pts and 2 pts... go for 3 pts ffs. Don't need to be a genius.

Worst part is that since our offense is averse to 3s... guys don't defend 3s in practice lol.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject:

[quote="silkwilkes"]
petergr wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
With offensive sets that emphasize long two's and defensive rotations that allow opposing teams to get wide open 3's with their feet set, in many ways we're getting beaten by math rather than opponents.

Kobe said the same in his post game interview. he said that the 3point margin, mathematically, is just hard to overcome.

He complains about everything when they lose, but yes it's an ironic twist.

"I can't be standing around out here like this all night long".

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

The roster is not better we never had Kobe last year. Kendall Marshall was our pg. price is better than him and he's our backup. Dantoni did a great job of spreading the floor and allowing the players to play there game. Give the guy some credit. I'm not giving Scott any excuses when dantoni got all the blame

Kobe isn't a superstar player - he's not CP3, Lebron, KD. 10/25 is not efficient, and I'm not seeing defense or that much playmaking. If you had a superstar-caliber player, then you'd be correct. That person would be more important than perhaps all of the guys I mentioned, and I believe Kobe was there in 2009/2010/2011.

But that's not the case: Blake, Farmar, Meeks and Pau were/are good...People just like to take things for granted.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject:

[quote="greenfrog"]
silkwilkes wrote:
petergr wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He complains about everything when they lose, but yes it's an ironic twist.

"I can't be standing around out here like this all night long".

Well he's not exactly wrong here. Not sure why you had to bring up a nearly two-year-old quote regarding a completely different situation. It's not so black and white where we can only shoot 35 threes or 10. Neither approach is balanced enough to have a successful offense with.
philipm35
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject:

jorkerjork wrote:
44.4% winning percentage buoyed up by some early 2000s numbers. He's assistant coach material, not lead coach.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:

Good point, but I think if this continues, he will eventually be honest, even if it means criticizing his old friend/teammate.

Guarantee he won't. He might criticize but it'll be deflected to the players. No way he's as brazen as he was with MDA/Brown.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

We have Kobe Bryant. Last year's team did not. Steve Blake played the best basketball of his career under Mike D'Antoni. He was traded, and very ineffective in Golden State. Jeremy Lin, played his best basketball under MDA.

To give you something more concrete, Jeremy Lin averaged about 12.05 drives to the basket per 48 minutes last year. That's one drive to the basket for every 4 minutes he played. He hasn't come anywhere close to that yet because the spacing doesn't allow for it.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Well he's not exactly wrong here. Not sure why you had to bring up a nearly two-year-old quote regarding a completely different situation. It's not so black and white where we can only shoot 35 threes or 10. Neither approach is balanced enough to have a successful offense with.

People like to exaggerate D'Antoni's 3 pt attempts. Last year we averaged 24.8 3pt attempts per game. That's a healthy number.

petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject:

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA ยท 6h 6 hours ago

When Bulls put Mirotic and McDermott on the floor together, you felt the spacing effect. Best shooting of any Rose-era contender.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject:

You have to be pretty myopic to look at this dumpster fire of a roster and think, "Yep, the coach is bad."

You could have John Wooden, Phil Jackson and Mike Krshshshyhshsky on the bench and this would still be a bad team.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject:

MDA is Jodie Foster (Eleanor Arroway) in CONTACT. He got in front of the camera and fans and told the truth. Where the game's at and where it's going. Byron Scott is the David Drumlin character. He told you what you wanted to hear, and he got the job. LOL!

Some of you moaned and groan at Mike Dunleavy, but the truth is he was the better choice. He preaches defense, but offensively, he was more of an Xs and Os guy than Byron. But he wasn't as sexy of a pick as Byron.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
You have to be pretty myopic to look at this dumpster fire of a roster and think, "Yep, the coach is bad."

You could have John Wooden, Phil Jackson and Mike Krshshshyhshsky on the bench and this would still be a bad team.

"That's what I've been saying.." says Mike Dantoni
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
MDA is Jodie Foster (Eleanor Arroway) in CONTACT. He got in front of the camera and fans and told the truth. Where the game's at and where it's going. Byron Scott is the David Drumlin character. He told you what you wanted to hear, and he got the job. LOL!

Some of you moaned and groan at Mike Dunleavy, but the truth is he was the better choice. He preaches defense, but offensively, he was more of an Xs and Os guy than Byron. But he wasn't as sexy of a pick as Byron.

His media management is not good. But, MDA is an above average coach for present NBA style and is data driven. I think Scott is clueless.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

"That's what I've been saying.." says Mike Dantoni

Well Dan Tony had Dwight, Pau, Kobe (for 78 games), etc. I get that he had no training camp and that there was a ton of drama in the locker room, but he still had a much better roster than this.

I think Byron's hard-nosed approach would've been great for that roster. Byron would magically transform into Doc Rivers if he had great players.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:

If this roster is worse than last years, it's not by much, in terms of guys that actually played. That team started out 10-9, and ended up winning one out of every three games, despite playing 35 different starting lineups.

We've had the lead a grand total of 20 seconds in these two games. We're not even remotely close to being competitive, much less winning.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 18 of 694
Jump to: