OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject:

looking back last season, BS did make several adjustments to the offense that made it look better... I think he'll continue with that curve of improvement and by December, we'll look better...

one concern is how he'll use Kobe... he was calling plays dumping it to Kobe with little time on the shot clock... Lin and Boozer complained about the offense, and he benched both guys.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm all in for Thibs right now. He might be oldschool but he's elite, he showed that in chicago even with scrub squads. He's an elite defensive coach and young enough to understand that he needs help on the offensive side of the ball. A guy who understands modern offense would be in place.

The way i see it, he can preach d all he wants, cause thats what we need. Tell the guys, if you dont get stops and rebounds you cant run and get yours. You need to defend and rebound to eat. They will buy it.

Have a conversation with him, lay him out all the plans, the players who really need playing time without compromisse, and if he agrees, we sign him. Lakers went after him last summer according to some reports, well, he's available right now. Give him a call, the rooks dont even know byron right now, Thibs knows how to handle the pressure. I'm in the bandwagon.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject:

during the game they start talking about the Lakers being among the teams fighting for that 8th seed.

"its up to Byron Scott to figure it out" they said...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
looking back last season, BS did make several adjustments to the offense that made it look better... I think he'll continue with that curve of improvement and by December, we'll look better...

one concern is how he'll use Kobe... he was calling plays dumping it to Kobe with little time on the shot clock... Lin and Boozer complained about the offense, and he benched both guys.

His positive adjustments tend to be slowly backing away the stuff that he shouldn't have done in the first place.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Scott sounds like he will still try to force feed the princeton in training camp.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
32 wrote:

Scott sounds like he will still try to force feed the princeton in training camp.

ignorant BS
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
32 wrote:

Oh, but of course he will, coupled with a terrible defense once again. I dont know, Lakers brass keep harping that the fanbase is impatient, the need for results in the short term but if they'd rather waste a year with byrons coaching the new nucleous of our team, then they're full of *hit. Why wait a year to bring a new coach? Byron should've never been hired, but yeah, let's burn another year and then bring the coach who the front office really want.

And that's probably thibs, they tried to get him last year. Well, guess what, he's free now, do it. Dont wait
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
32 wrote:

Oh, but of course he will, coupled with a terrible defense once again. I dont know, Lakers brass keep harping that the fanbase is impatient, the need for results in the short term but if they'd rather waste a year with byrons coaching the new nucleous of our team, then they're full of *hit. Why wait a year to bring a new coach? Byron should've never been hired, but yeah, let's burn another year and then bring the coach who the front office really want.

And that's probably thibs, they tried to get him last year. Well, guess what, he's free now, do it. Dont wait

Thibs is a great defensive coach but his offenses in Chicago were terrible. I'd rather go the route of Boston or Chicago and bring in a college coach like Ollie or get an NBA assistant coach like Walton or Lue.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Just gonna keep acting like the Princeton wasn't improved and working with more PnR thrown in in the back half of the season where Clarkson thrived?

Post all-star break Scott added a few improvements to it, making it more modern and implementing more PnR.

Seems all it takes is one bad summer league game to act like we're back in January
kobe209
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I think all this Scott hate is unwarranted. He's working with one of the worst rosters in the NBA, and definitely doesn't have much championship attitude on the team. Last year can not at all be used to judge Scott. Who could do better with this team? Nobody. I would love to see Scott go hard on these young guys and instill some toughness into them. I am of the minority that thinks he is highly underrated and will be viewed as a top tier coach when this team gets some talent.

IG: wywsabaywb
Lawrence Tanter
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
I think all this Scott hate is unwarranted. He's working with one of the worst rosters in the NBA, and definitely doesn't have much championship attitude on the team. Last year can not at all be used to judge Scott. Who could do better with this team? Nobody. I would love to see Scott go hard on these young guys and instill some toughness into them. I am of the minority that thinks he is highly underrated and will be viewed as a top tier coach when this team gets some talent.

Totally agree. Byron has been more successful than MDA over his coaching career. Both have coached teams that won 49 or more games 4 times each. Byron coached conference champions twice, MDA on the other hand, has not coached a conference champion. It can be argued that MDA coached more talented teams over the course of his career.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

Lawrence Tanter wrote:
kobe209 wrote:

Totally agree. Byron has been more successful than MDA over his coaching career. Both have coached teams that won 49 or more games 4 times each. Byron coached conference champions twice, MDA on the other hand, has not coached a conference champion. It can be argued that MDA coached more talented teams over the course of his career.

MDA had some really tough teams he had to go through.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
32 wrote:

Thibs offense is just as pathetic as Byron's, I have no idea why people want him as a head coach.
Lawrence Tanter
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
kobe209 wrote:

MDA had some really tough teams he had to go through.

That is true, but Byron has coached some pretty talent poor teams in NO, Cleveland, NJ and of course, last year's Lakers team. Those Phoenix teams were pretty stacked and IMHO those teams underperformed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

Lawrence Tanter wrote:
kobe209 wrote:

It can also be argued (well not really, it is common fact) that MDA competed in the tough WC while Scott went through the weak EC and his teams were destroyed in the Finals by those WC teams. What has also happened is that MDA brought some ideas to the league that title teams have grabbed hold of and used, while no one has seen anything impressive enough in Scott's system to emulate.
Lawrence Tanter
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
kobe209 wrote:

It can also be argued (well not really, it is common fact) that MDA competed in the tough WC while Scott went through the weak EC and his teams were destroyed in the Finals by those WC teams. What has also happened is that MDA brought some ideas to the league that title teams have grabbed hold of and used, while no one has seen anything impressive enough in Scott's system to emulate.

Good points. Regarding MDA bringing ideas to the league - It can be argued that he and others (Spoelstra and Kerr etc.) are building off of Paul Westhead's offense from the Denver Nuggets and Loyola Marymount teams.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

putting it all togeether they need an offense.

we all recognize half our roster was in summer leagues and 4-5 of these guys will get heavy minutes.

Summer league was the advanced intro course to Princeton... the class you take BEFORE princeton 101 (training camp/preseason).

If i'm the lakers HC... i'm going with what made previous pg's stars and clarkson a proven top10 rookie. I'm also going into the season with guys exposed to the offense as opposed to a few summer game wins.

plus when regular season comes around and you add kobe/hibbert (2/5 starters) there isn't going to be a different play every trip.

Even kobe looked shot when his teammates don't move or don't know where to move. That's what happened in summer league.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject:

How many would be ok if we hired Becky hammon? The spurs female summer league coach who won her team the sml championship. Now not based on winning sml, but based on the fact that she's another from the Popovich tree (assistant coach).
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
How many would be ok if we hired Becky hammon? The spurs female summer league coach who won her team the sml championship. Now not based on winning sml, but based on the fact that she's another from the Popovich tree (assistant coach).

Maybe sometime in the future, but right now there are more seasoned coaches from that tree to take a look at.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

+1 me
Love&Peace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject:

Ill let this year decide what i think of bryon scott. If he rest the starters and conforms a little more on analytics (He doesn't have to give up on his offense entirely.) he will get my approval.

Russell. Williams
Clarkson. JBrown
Kobe. Young
Randle. Bass
Hibbert. Black
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

Maybe sometime in the future, but right now there are more seasoned coaches from that tree to take a look at.

Who? Not being condescending, I really don't know who u r referring to.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

Who? Not being condescending, I really don't know who u r referring to.

Messina, Boylen, for example.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

First woman coach hired by Jeanie buss our woman president?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 172 of 694
Jump to: