OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
First woman coach hired by Jeanie buss our woman president?

I could see this angle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I actually wouldn't mind that. Becky seems pretty smart and Pop might even be grooming her to become a successor after he retires if she stays there.

As long as the players take her seriously then I think it could work out. However that might be the problem, as lame and bs as that sounds.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
First woman coach hired by Jeanie buss our woman president?

No way.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
How many would be ok if we hired Becky hammon? The spurs female summer league coach who won her team the sml championship. Now not based on winning sml, but based on the fact that she's another from the Popovich tree (assistant coach).

Maybe sometime in the future, but right now there are more seasoned coaches from that tree to take a look at.

Who? Not being condescending, I really don't know who u r referring to.

Messina, Boylen, for example.

Do it Mitch!!

Report: Messina (surprise) is interested in being an NBA head coach

File this under “no kidding,” but Spurs assistant Ettore Messina — one of the most decorated coaches in European history before joining Gregg Popovich’s staff last summer — is interested in furthering his career as an NBA head coach.

Finding the original piece by Italy’s La Gazzetta Dello Sport proved difficult. Various European sites provided a summation, with Messina saying that he’s “seriously thinking” about what it would be to lead his own team in the NBA, something no European-born coach has ever done.

“I am seriously thinking about that but I’d ask first (Popovich) and (general manager RC) Buford for advice. At the same time I am very happy with the Spurs. I have two years left on my contract with the Spurs. Maybe I finish my contract and I will go back home peacefully.”

Messina, who previously served as a consultant with the Los Angeles Lakers, said he interviewed with Atlanta GM Danny Ferry before the Hawks hired top Popovich aide Mike Budenholzer. Messina was also mentioned as a candidate in Oklahoma City to replace Scott Brooks, with the Thunder eventually going with University of Florida coach Billy Donovan.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/05/06/report-messina-surprise-is-interested-in-being-an-nba-head-coach/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Messina would probably be a good candidate, but the Lakers probably won't take the risk.

Given who the Lakers will actually choose, I think out best bet will be Walton or Madsen. Hopefully Madsen is much better than his summer league showings...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Messina would probably be a good candidate, but the Lakers probably won't take the risk.

Given who the Lakers will actually choose, I think out best bet will be Walton or Madsen. Hopefully Madsen is much better than his summer league showings...

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
32 wrote:

Scott sounds like he will still try to force feed the princeton in training camp.

You see he blamed the poor play on ego instead of his Princeton offense.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
32 wrote:

Scott sounds like he will still try to force feed the princeton in training camp.

You see he blamed the poor play on ego instead of his Princeton offense.

It's never his fault or his system's fault.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I'd take hammon. Pop disciple is all I have to know. Being a woman is a non factor.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm open to Hammon as a fresh face, but I have no idea how good of a coach she actually is.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Hammon or Luke Walton would be good candidates to start with for the next head coach.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Hammon as the first head female coach would bring a lot of scrutiny and media attention. I would like her but after her 1st stint just so that the media attention is not as overblown.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Hammon as the first head female coach would bring a lot of scrutiny and media attention. I would like her but after her 1st stint just so that the media attention is not as overblown.

agreed.

Let's get us a team that contends.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Ollie.

I don't know why we didn't make a SERIOUS pitch to him last time around but he's the ideal candidate. Young, hungry, charismatic, has rapport with mulitple NBA superstars, has played in the NBA with star players, etc etc.

IMO, Kevin Ollie + Max Space + Max Space + Russell/Randle/Clarkson has to be appealing to Durant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Kevin Ollie.

I don't know why we didn't make a SERIOUS pitch to him last time around but he's the ideal candidate. Young, hungry, charismatic, has rapport with mulitple NBA superstars, has played in the NBA with star players, etc etc.

IMO, Kevin Ollie + Max Space + Max Space + Russell/Randle/Clarkson has to be appealing to Durant.

Don't get me back on this.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Kevin Ollie.

Ollie is a no brainer but he seems to not want to leave where he is.
gildedgirth
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Yeah, and would Messina even come back to the Lakers again? After the way Mike Brown was booted? Even though Messina was more like just a consultant for Brown and the Lakers for Brown's first year, I wonder if he harbors any ill will toward the Lakers, even though Messina returned to Moscow before Brown got fired -- then again... guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

As for Madsen or Walton, I kind of lean toward Walton he can bring what he's learned at Golden State, how they institute analytics. This is probably several years away though as both guys need more experience.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Lawrence Tanter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
kobe209 wrote:
I think all this Scott hate is unwarranted. He's working with one of the worst rosters in the NBA, and definitely doesn't have much championship attitude on the team. Last year can not at all be used to judge Scott. Who could do better with this team? Nobody. I would love to see Scott go hard on these young guys and instill some toughness into them. I am of the minority that thinks he is highly underrated and will be viewed as a top tier coach when this team gets some talent.

Totally agree. Byron has been more successful than MDA over his coaching career. Both have coached teams that won 49 or more games 4 times each. Byron coached conference champions twice, MDA on the other hand, has not coached a conference champion. It can be argued that MDA coached more talented teams over the course of his career.

It can also be argued (well not really, it is common fact) that MDA competed in the tough WC while Scott went through the weak EC and his teams were destroyed in the Finals by those WC teams. What has also happened is that MDA brought some ideas to the league that title teams have grabbed hold of and used, while no one has seen anything impressive enough in Scott's system to emulate.

Good points. Regarding MDA bringing ideas to the league - It can be argued that he and others (Spoelstra and Kerr etc.) are building off of Paul Westhead's offense from the Denver Nuggets and Loyola Marymount teams.

There are definitely some similarities.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Kevin Ollie.

You know I was with you every step of the way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Kevin Ollie.

My UCONN sources don't have anything saying that he will leave next year.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Kevin Ollie.

I don't remember...what was it?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

We were pro-Ollie
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Drop the Princeton.....do it for D-Lo!!

Nuggets rookie point guard Emmanuel Mudiay told confidants after the draft he was, in retrospect, happy the Knicks passed on him at No. 4, as he was unsure he would have been a good fit for the triangle. Despite public comments to the contrary that he felt team president Phil Jackson could “make me a star,’’ Mudiay said he felt he was a better match in a more freewheeling Denver offense, according to sources.

This shouldn’t be a huge shock. Point guards like freedom and the ball in their hands and that is what Denver intentionally gave Mudiay at Summer League.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/20/report-emmanuel-mudiay-happy-to-have-avoided-knicks-triangle-in-draft/
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We were pro-Ollie

I thought so....but wasn't sure if I remembered right. I was too!!

I'm sure we still are...if only he'd leave UConn!!
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Do yall think fo would actually fire byron? One of their own?

If so he replaces him? Ollie? Hammon? Walton? Thibs? Nash?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 173 of 694
Jump to: