OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

I find it kind of funny (and sad) that Dantoni would literally be the perfect coach for this grooming team. He would have LOVED grooming Russell and Clarkson and having Kobe at SF. And then switch Dantoni with Byron Scott where he would have loved to use post players in with Pau and Dwight, that season probably would have also been different.

Man, talk about wrong signings at the wrong time.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I find it kind of funny (and sad) that Dantoni would literally be the perfect coach for this grooming team. He would have LOVED grooming Russell and Clarkson and having Kobe at SF. And then switch Dantoni with Byron Scott where he would have loved to use post players in with Pau and Dwight, that season probably would have also been different.

You might have a point there. But I hated MDA before he was our coach, and hate doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about him now.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about MDA. Sure he might be able to use Russell and Clarkson but he would probably lose his mind over Hibbert and Randle.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Can we let BScott have a chance to turn this thing around? He had one year with no talent and yall are calling for his head 3 preseason games into his second. On top of that, half of your guys ideas for a new coach have little to no experience. This isn't high school bball, you can't be a good coach strictly off being a mediocre but smart player. Scott has developed elite PGs his entire career as a coach, at least let him try to develop Russell and Clarkson before we demand he is fired.
The NBA is much more about handling personalities, developing players, and getting players to play hard and tough than it is about Xs and Os. Look at the Cavs, they will move the ball all regular season but come playoff time it will go back to giving the ball to Lebron and letting him win the game for you. The NBA is dominated by talent, not coaching or schemes. Having a guy who focuses on playing tough and developing talent might be a better choice than somebody who is better at the Xs and Os. The Lakers need to at least give him a chance to prove that.

Absolutely. But we can also critique running schemes that bog the offense down in inefficient, time consuming actions that don't lead to good options.

That is much different from what is going on. People are constantly whining that he runs players too much IN TRAINING CAMP. That's when a coach is supposed to run his players. Also, everybody is going nuts about his sub rotations in preseason games. That makes absolutely zero sense. He is testing different lineups and players, these won't be the rotations he uses in regular season. Lastly nobody acknowledges what he does well. Team is obviously playing tougher this year and randle and clarkson look great. But since it's Scott he has nothing to do with their development. It's been 3 games with a new roster running the offense, I'm sure it starts to look better as the team gets better chemistry and plays together more. Let's give him some time and stop calling for his firing after every game. That's what's happening and that is very different from critiquing the offense.
Coming from a long time fan, agreed.

If Scott is fired it will show how foolish the front office is.

1. Let Phil go, hire Mike Brown.
2. Fire Brown 5 games into the start of the 2nd season, keep paying his salary, then hire D'Antoni.
3. Fire him before his contract is done because you can't play D, then hire Scott.
4. Fire him after 1 season of coaching the worst/most injured roster in team history, before his contract is paid off.
5. Hire Steve Blake or Luke Walton because they're cerebral.
6. Next, you fire yourselves because you're making all these stupid decisions in a 5 year period. You've also made your front office a laughing stock.

Leave the coach alone and let the results of the games dictate his fate AFTER he's been given a fair amount of time to prove his worth.

This thread, like many others, features the highest levels of impatience and in some cases immaturity. I just stopped in for a minute but I have to go.

Spot on bro. Fire Scott now and it does two things 1) Makes you look like you have absolutely no clue what you're doing when it comes to personel. You've already hired/fired two idiot coaches and now you're going to fire a 3rd. 2) Cause other coaches around the league to not want anything to do with your franchise.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Kerr's trade history was a little spottier:

Quote:
On February 6, 2008, reports surfaced that Kerr was planning to trade Phoenix Suns forward Shawn Marion and guard Marcus Banks to the Miami Heat in exchange for Shaquille O'Neal, which he did. The Suns were eliminated by the San Antonio Spurs in five games in the first round of the playoffs.

On December 10, 2008, Kerr continued to remake the Suns roster by trading away Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, and Sean Singletary to the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley, and the Bobcats' 2010 second round draft pick, which was used to draft Gani Lawal of Georgia Tech.[18]

On June 25, 2009, Kerr decided to trade the 6th all-time leading scorer, Shaquille O'Neal. Shaq was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a future second-round draft pick and cash.

But sometimes great coaches don't necessarily make great GMs. *cough* Phil *cough*

Dont care which way it turns out for Phil. I do think the jury is still out on that one though. Imo he really hasnt done anything wrong yet? I would have said the worst thing he did was trade Shumpert but the dude is so injury prone?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Can we let BScott have a chance to turn this thing around? He had one year with no talent and yall are calling for his head 3 preseason games into his second. On top of that, half of your guys ideas for a new coach have little to no experience. This isn't high school bball, you can't be a good coach strictly off being a mediocre but smart player. Scott has developed elite PGs his entire career as a coach, at least let him try to develop Russell and Clarkson before we demand he is fired.
The NBA is much more about handling personalities, developing players, and getting players to play hard and tough than it is about Xs and Os. Look at the Cavs, they will move the ball all regular season but come playoff time it will go back to giving the ball to Lebron and letting him win the game for you. The NBA is dominated by talent, not coaching or schemes. Having a guy who focuses on playing tough and developing talent might be a better choice than somebody who is better at the Xs and Os. The Lakers need to at least give him a chance to prove that.

Absolutely. But we can also critique running schemes that bog the offense down in inefficient, time consuming actions that don't lead to good options.

That is much different from what is going on. People are constantly whining that he runs players too much IN TRAINING CAMP. That's when a coach is supposed to run his players. Also, everybody is going nuts about his sub rotations in preseason games. That makes absolutely zero sense. He is testing different lineups and players, these won't be the rotations he uses in regular season. Lastly nobody acknowledges what he does well. Team is obviously playing tougher this year and randle and clarkson look great. But since it's Scott he has nothing to do with their development. It's been 3 games with a new roster running the offense, I'm sure it starts to look better as the team gets better chemistry and plays together more. Let's give him some time and stop calling for his firing after every game. That's what's happening and that is very different from critiquing the offense.
Coming from a long time fan, agreed.

If Scott is fired it will show how foolish the front office is.

1. Let Phil go, hire Mike Brown.
2. Fire Brown 5 games into the start of the 2nd season, keep paying his salary, then hire D'Antoni.
3. Fire him before his contract is done because you can't play D, then hire Scott.
4. Fire him after 1 season of coaching the worst/most injured roster in team history, before his contract is paid off.
5. Hire Steve Blake or Luke Walton because they're cerebral.
6. Next, you fire yourselves because you're making all these stupid decisions in a 5 year period. You've also made your front office a laughing stock.

Leave the coach alone and let the results of the games dictate his fate AFTER he's been given a fair amount of time to prove his worth.

This thread, like many others, features the highest levels of impatience and in some cases immaturity. I just stopped in for a minute but I have to go.

Spot on bro. Fire Scott now and it does two things 1) Makes you look like you have absolutely no clue what you're doing when it comes to personel. You've already hired/fired two idiot coaches and now you're going to fire a 3rd. 2) Cause other coaches around the league to not want anything to do with your franchise.

Thats why they had to hire Scott in the first place, because of the instability. They need a good year this year. Not necessarily winning, but just show progress.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
I don't know about MDA. Sure he might be able to use Russell and Clarkson but he would probably lose his mind over Hibbert and Randle.

Hibbert he would have hated but he would probably turn Randle into Shawn Marion.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Hibbert he would have hated but he would probably turn Randle into Shawn Marion.

The Matrix was a beast back then, but I hope Randle is much better.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

The Matrix was a beast back then, but I hope Randle is much better.

I think he will. I'm just mostly talking about playstyle wise.

Like imagine a more offensively impactful Shawn Marion in Randle's body.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

He would have loved hibbert.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Randle, unless he develops a 3-pt stroke, would be the problem in that offense.

I'd say it's more the midrange. Amare was a beast in MDA's offense with no 3 pt stroke to speak of.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

lol

I just remembered that Hibbert actually has a solid jumpshot and can shoot free throws.

You guys are right.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Randle, unless he develops a 3-pt stroke, would be the problem in that offense.

I'd say it's more the midrange. Amare was a beast in MDA's offense with no 3 pt stroke to speak of.

But he played center
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Maybe...I mean yeah Hibbert has a jump shot...sorta...kinda...but he might be too slow for Dantoni's liking. He would probably rather start Black.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

As opposed to Jordan Hill
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Maybe...I mean yeah Hibbert has a jump shot...sorta...kinda...but he might be too slow for Dantoni's liking. He would probably rather start Black.

Hibbert had a near elite percentage from mid for a big.

He also is a solid free throw shooter.

I watched D'antoni all over NBATV today gushing over this Lakers team, in particular Julius Randle and of course D'angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

I watched D'antoni all over NBATV today gushing over this Lakers team, in particular Julius Randle and of course D'angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson.

I guess when you put it that way yeah...

And seriously!? Is there a YouTube vid of this? Would love to hear this just for the irony. Not surprised at all he loves those 3 players.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

I guess when you put it that way yeah...

And seriously!? Is there a YouTube vid of this? Would love to hear this just for the irony. Not surprised at all he loves those 3 players.

The thing about D'antoni is that he has the 'offense' the team may like to use or could utilize, but his mentality sort of would trickle down into the team DNA, we saw that when he was here.

The reason the Lakers are playing so hard and hustling so hard right now is because Byron requires it of them and instilled it into their mentality from the start of training camp and will make them do it over and over and over again or they have to run.

D'antoni really wouldn't care about it that much and they'd hustle when they wanted to.

D'antoni was just very gifted with having Raja Bell and Shawn Marion on his team, two guys you'd NEVER have to motivate to play defense or have a chip on their shoulder.

With our current team, particularly a center like Hibbert, Byron may be the right coach to help nurture that 'toughness edge' he seems to be sprouting lately. I don't think that happens under D'antoni.

If Gentry hadn't gotten a head coaching job at New Orleans I'd have strongly tried pursuing him as an offensive assistant for us, as it was him that made the offense what it was, Kerr just made adjustments in games and learned the ins and outs of it to do so. In a way Gentry was Kerr's "Tex". If he could have done that here it'd have been great.

In all honesty though the only guy out there that could probably do that for us now as an assistant would be Mike Woodson. But HE is currently an offensive assistant for the Clippers next door -_-
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

yeah that was...interesting...
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

What did he say about Julius?
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

What did dantoni Say???

What if we bring him in to run the offense as an assistant?
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

When I heard him say randle needs to develop a jumper so he can mostly be out on the perimeter for russell to probe I smh and remember what he did to pau lol. Mda is still mda.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
TDRock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

When I heard him say randle needs to develop a jumper so he can mostly be out on the perimeter for russell to probe I smh and remember what he did to pau lol. Mda is still mda.

He's right. If Julius is just down in the box clogging the lane, it hurts the balance of the team.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

You don't care about defense?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
TDRock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dood23 wrote:

I agree with him, but they'd be going out to the perimeter for different reasons. With Pau, the idea was to force the defense to pull one of their bigs out to guard Pau and that would allow Dwight or Bynum to post or other guys to cut.

For Randle, he needs a shot that teams have to respect so they go out to guard him and then he can drive by them. Right now, they'll give Randle that shot anytime he wants it because his outside shot has been awful.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 194 of 694
Jump to: