OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KBH wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
With offensive sets that emphasize long two's and defensive rotations that allow opposing teams to get wide open 3's with their feet set, in many ways we're getting beaten by math rather than opponents.

Kobe said the same in his post game interview. he said that the 3point margin, mathematically, is just hard to overcome.

I was going to say that we all know Kobe has a better basketball mind than Byron. But it doesn't take a basketball savant to know that 3 > 2

If you read Kobe's comments closely he actually isn't lamenting that they are not taking enough threes or that too many of their shots are long two's. He's upset that they are giving up so many threes.

It's actually both. Because he said that's a tough deficit to make up. So it's got to be a combination of taking (and making) more, in addition to stopping more.

32 points in a game that you lose by 20.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobee 2.0 needs to go to Kobee 3.0 based on how much he's changed his views after 2 games.

Preseason: I think...the Lakers...are just hiding.. their real offense... So they can shock the world...come regular season.

Regular season, Game 2 of 82: blow up the team.

Fixed.

Another name change could be Olukai, a manufacturer of flip flops.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

I'd just like to point out this article on Derek Fisher quickly adjusting his lineup, sitting old vets for fresh faces and getting instant results:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/31/how-derek-fisher-masterfully-ripped-up-the-knicks-rotation/

How long will it take Byron to try Ed Davis in the starting lineup alongside Lin, barring injury?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject:

Breaks my heart. I loved Scott on the Showtime teams. Just sad to watch him pilloried like this, show a fundamental misunderstanding of the modern NBA. I fear his tenure will be 2 years at most.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
I still consider Mike Brown the worst of them all, but yeah, Byron is not a good coach.

Well BScott ended up being replaced by MBrown in Cleveland..lol
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I'd just like to point out this article on Derek Fisher quickly adjusting his lineup, sitting old vets for fresh faces and getting instant results:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/31/how-derek-fisher-masterfully-ripped-up-the-knicks-rotation/

How long will it take Byron to try Ed Davis in the starting lineup alongside Lin, barring injury?

Knicks have better players. Huge difference.

FO has provided Scott with really bad players.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Er.. Did you read the article? Quincy Acy. Travis Wear. Jason Smith. Who are these people?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Breaks my heart. I loved Scott on the Showtime teams. Just sad to watch him pilloried like this, show a fundamental misunderstanding of the modern NBA. I fear his tenure will be 2 years at most.

At this point, I'll consider him fortunate to finish his 2nd season. It's that ugly.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

There's an old saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So let's see if BS is insane or not. I want to see some REAL adjustments. It is OBVIOUS the strategy right now is square peg round hole.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

FO has provided BScott with bad players and FO has provided the players with a bad coach.
dxdx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

since1991 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

FO has provided BScott with bad players and FO has provided the players with a bad coach.

outside of carmelo, shumpert and maybe tim hardaway jr., not really, no.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
There's an old saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So let's see if BS is insane or not. I want to see some REAL adjustments. It is OBVIOUS the strategy right now is square peg round hole.

He should have Boozer on the bench and Davis starting, once we get Kelly back have him start too.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

I bet DAntoni would do better than BScott with this year's team. Not that I wanted DAntoni back...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Drifts wrote:
BS getting a lot of excuses... seriously, his system is terrible. it's not even about the roster... what he is teaching is horrible.

Are you serious? If this roster had the '08 Celtic players would the system still be "terrible?" The roster is absolutely the problem here.

Yes, they would be terrible.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:

He should have Boozer on the bench and Davis starting, once we get Kelly back have him start too.

He should. I'm wondering how many games we have to lose in a row before he starts Davis. Hill should re reduced to the bench. Agree with Kelly as well. Boozer is straight trash. Kelly provides another floor spacer out there that could help our spacing issues. Not great at defense, but Boozer is any better.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Trap8600 wrote:
Byron Scott is a horrible coach...and its SO annoying to hear Max and Marcellus hype this guy up like he isn't a career sub .500 coach. He got hired as a PR move, former Laker...this'll buy us enough time. And he's walking around as the anti-D'Antoni. "We're not gonna shoot threes" crap...ugh. This might be a worse hire than Mike Brown. This guy is awful...and he's gonna get a pass because he's a former Laker.

I would've rather let D'Antoni play out his contract as coach. I hated the hire when it was announced, hate it more now that they've started playing.

Byron wasn't a "horrible" coach when he had Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin. He also wasn't "horrible" when he had Chris Paul and David West. Having great players always seems to make a coach look good. I think Scott Brooks is a total joke, but he has Durant and Westbrook so he looks good.

Byron wasn't a horrible coach when he had Jordan and Frank. He is a horrible coach when he only has Byron.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Byron wasn't a horrible coach when he had Jordan and Frank. He is a horrible coach when he only has Byron.

When Quinn freaking Snyder had the Jazz outhustling the Lakers in preseason, I was like "uh oh".
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

roster and scott are both ass. ed davis and jordan hill are the only productive/efficient players on the entire squad, lin is a league average guard at worst going by his houston numbers the two years he was there. rest is nothing + The Contract

hopefully rockets barely squeeze into the playoffs so the lakers get a nice mid first rounder to go with the phoenix pick they look more and more likely to keep(barring any dumb FO moves)

Last edited by lkjhf on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

^Snyder is a better coach. He'll get far out that team than Corbin ever attempted. Gosh, bad coach, D-league roster, and 2 games into the season. What a joke...
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

Byron is too out-of-date and stubborn. If his team is playing this bad to start the season, why not try different line up like starting Davis and try shooting more 3's?
He keeps saying there are no 3 shooters but Lin Kobe Wes can shoot. They are shooting long 2's all the time. Why not 3's instead of long 2's then?
And if we are not gonna shoot 3's that much at least defend opponents' 3's! All Byron does is talk talk talk and no coaching.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

Lakers should let Kobe walk for his sake and there's. Fire Scott bring back dantoni who has familiarity with a lot of the players on our roster already. They brought back phil they could bring back mike!
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Honestly it's pretty stupid to compare BS against new coaches of other teams where the personnel have largely been in place for some time. Our entire roster is pretty much new, and playing together for the first time that makes a HUGE difference in how effective a coach might appear to be early on, when you couple that with our lacking talent it shouldn't be a surprise we are struggling it's going to take some time...when we can look at the roster on paper and objectively say yeah this team should be competing for a playoff spot then I think we can judge how good BS is as a coach, until then it's just dumb to pan him this early on when you take everything in to consideration. NO coach is walking into this current situation and have success that's the reality of the situation deal with it
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Honestly it's pretty stupid to compare BS against new coaches of other teams where the personnel have largely been in place for some time. Our entire roster is pretty much new, and playing together for the first time that makes a HUGE difference in how effective a coach might appear to be early on, when you couple that with our lacking talent it shouldn't be a surprise we are struggling it's going to take some time...when we can look at the roster on paper and objectively say yeah this team should be competing for a playoff spot then I think we can judge how good BS is as a coach, until then it's just dumb to pan him this early on when you take everything in to consideration. NO coach is walking into this current situation and have success that's the reality of the situation deal with it

Not only this but Byron wasn't consulted at all nor were his preferences or coaching style likely a even consideration when the major crime of the offseason took place which is the formation of this roster. Even MDA's system got some specific needs partly met (although they didn't even try to get him a rim protector or an NBA-ready stretch 4). This team couldn't run the princeton even if they wanted.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

since1991 wrote:
Byron is too out-of-date and stubborn. If his team is playing this bad to start the season, why not try different line up like starting Davis and try shooting more 3's?
He keeps saying there are no 3 shooters but Lin Kobe Wes can shoot. They are shooting long 2's all the time. Why not 3's instead of long 2's then?
And if we are not gonna shoot 3's that much at least defend opponents' 3's! All Byron does is talk talk talk and no coaching.

Kobe wants to shoot long 2's. That's what he's great at.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

fiendishoc, thanks for a good article. Hopefully Byron adjust and start Davis for a first move. I actually didn't realize your line about starting Davis until I finished typing my previous sentence. We can only wait ...
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 21 of 694
Jump to: