Wizards MJ v. current Kobe.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Kobe dunked pretty well tbh early in the season. He just couldn't anymore come February . Just some examples:

1:30 mark

Look at the weight difference between those two videos of MJ with the Wizards. Definitely looks like he's got an extra 5-10 lbs on him in the second one. I trust Kobe to take care of his body and keep weight off
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Did espn rank 40 year mj 40th best player in the Nba?
Knowing espn, he would be no worse than 15
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
not a fair comparison....the problem is that 35-36 year old jordan??? <sigh> looked better than kobe....he retired from the bulls the second time after ring 6. this was well before his comeback with the wiz.

I think it is a fair comparison, considering that Kobe has way more minutes and games on his body at 36 than Jordan did. I think Kobe at 36 has the potential to look just as good (if not better) than 36 year old Jordan.

To the point of this thread, Kobe already (in preseason) looks better than Jordan did when he played for the Wiz... Kobe's in shape, but not game shape yet. That is what is meant when they talk about rust on his game. If he remains healthy, and Byron cuts back the intensity of the practices, Kobe will most definitely improve. He has looked increasingly better in every preseason game (except for the 3rd which was attributed to practice fatigue).
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

Kobe still looks plenty effective to me. Bottom line, I'd be thrilled if Kobe did what MJ did in his final year by being able to get through an entire season without missing a single game while playing a good amount of minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: