+++ Lakers vs Phoenix ++++ Preseason game #6 10/21/14 7:00PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
They're 2nd string beats our 1st string in OT... That's pathetic!!!

Kobe was out and Lin was out. You can bet if they could play, they would have.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Lin, Kobe, and Davis played great. Randle was more of a playmaker and didn't get much time because of Boozer. I wanted to see Randle in OT playing with the starters. Wes loss us the game, he's so bad at passing and creating off the dribble that it's hard to watch. When Henry comes back, he should be the starter.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Gif of wesley shooting himself please
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was closing like the Kobe of old. If this had been a regular season game Scott would not have set him. Lin may have secured his starting spot.

I've been gone for an hour or more. I guess the servers are still being served.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
sammo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

jeremy lin highlight.

amazing how attacking options open up when we have someone who can slice and penetrate.

i know bscott doesnt like 3s... but we ought to be shooting more... i think we had 14 attempts and phoenix had like 33 attempts.

Last edited by sammo on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Kobe was closing like the Kobe of old. If this had been a regular season game Scott would not have set him. Lin may have secured his starting spot.

I've been gone for an hour or more. I guess the servers are still being served.

Yes, I am still having the same problem.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

sammo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJqiGGIma4

jeremy lin highlight.

amazing how attacking options open up when we have someone who can slice and penetrate.

i know bscott doesnt like 3s... but we ought to be shooting more... i think we had 14 attempts and phoenix had like 33 attempts.

Yeah, I'd like to be more around 18 attempts. Additionally, our spacing is horrible out there...Kelly, and Young should help out there in that regard to space the floor. It also should get better as we get more accustomed to the offense. More often than not, it's look like a mess...
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Highlights for Jeremy's first game back from double ankle injuries (Sacre stepped on one ankle, then tweaked other ankle compensating during recovery):

Edit: I just saw it was already posted
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

sammo wrote:
wes may have made that 2 3s... but we would've never lost if it werent for his turnovers and free throw woes...

jeremy lin, incredible. but he done effed up on isiah to earn his sixth foul. but to his credit, 0 turnovers, and he placed the lakers within striking distance to win.

kobe... not bad for 40th best player in the league... he averaged 26 pts in the last 3 games?

i thought hill played quite nicely, but still would rather have davis out there.

b.scott should really consider:
lin
kobe
davis
wesley
boozer/randle - i thought boozer played nicely.

That was not a foul on Lin. The ref done (bleep) up there, not Lin. Thomas initiated all the contact by fending off Lin with his off arm, while Lin stayed vertical.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Lin needs to play way more, and build some chemistry with his teammates. I already love what I see though.

Kobe had an amazing second half...and that close was sweet.

Wes -
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

sammo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJqiGGIma4

jeremy lin highlight.

The funniest part is if you go to the youtube page, in the description box to sum up his thoughts on the game, the first line that the uploader put in there for the video when he released it is:

"Wesley Johnson....."

Last edited by AirShooter on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

This is the first game in awhile I've really been excited. Maybe we're in for a roller coaster ride.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
sammo wrote:
wes may have made that 2 3s... but we would've never lost if it werent for his turnovers and free throw woes...

jeremy lin, incredible. but he done effed up on isiah to earn his sixth foul. but to his credit, 0 turnovers, and he placed the lakers within striking distance to win.

kobe... not bad for 40th best player in the league... he averaged 26 pts in the last 3 games?

i thought hill played quite nicely, but still would rather have davis out there.

lin
kobe
davis
wesley

That was not a foul on Lin. The ref done (bleep) up there, not Lin. Thomas initiated all the contact by fending off Lin with his off arm, while Lin stayed vertical.

Yeah sometimes the calls go your way other times not. Good news is that the refs didn't have any affect on the outcome.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Jeremy played a great game.

DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
LOL @ Lin

well, at least he tries - but he's seriously overmatched by bledsoe

Lin was never on the floor the same time as bledsoe ever in this game. consider actually watching the game.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
Highlights for Jeremy's first game back from double ankle injuries (Sacre stepped on one ankle, then tweaked other ankle compensating during recovery):

Edit: I just saw it was already posted

NP, thanks for reposting.

Also, not to toot my own horn, I said this earlier about Lin
"If he is back to his old self i.e not rusty from resting, I think 15/5 average is reachable in about 20 minutes" i was spot on, dang
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Lin needs to play way more, and build some chemistry with his teammates. I already love what I see though.

Wes -

Classic Mamba at the end with a side of eff you to Abbott. Too bad for the missed FTs and the botched box out at the end. Thank goodness it's only preseason otherwise I'd be punching puppies.

PS: please note that I would never punch puppies as I think they're the most precious things on earth.

Kiss my Converse.

Last edited by Hard_Butter on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
What sucks more, wesley or lgs new servers?

Lol

WES....even though the servers completely locked me out when i wanted to get on and i darn near punched a hole in my computer.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
sammo wrote:

lin
kobe
davis
wesley

The ref looked like he was trying to quickly call the foul before the Suns could attempt a 3. For whatever reason, he seemed to think the Lakers were trying to take the foul.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

Wes -

he just needs to actually PRACTICE with the first unit. and then start. the (few) idiots out there who are calling for price to start make my johnson curdle.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
sammo wrote:

lin
kobe
davis
wesley

The ref looked like he was trying to quickly call the foul before the Suns could attempt a 3. For whatever reason, he seemed to think the Lakers were trying to take the foul.

THIS. dumbass ref.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Lin has done some stupid things but the offense has looked better with him. And he's giving a lot of effort on defense as well

Well he proved he's good on defense in the Rockets-Trailblazer playoff series, he shut down Lillard until that game winning shot.

He was subbed out for that play.
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
What'sLinsanity?
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
I foresee Young getting a lot of minutes at the 3 when's healthy and wes on the bench.

I agree.

Lin looks like the 2nd best player on the team. There's no reason not to start him and play him 36 minutes per game.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pre-Season Game Thread Standings wrote:
K0BEE 2.0............................2-2
diando.................................0-2

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ah! Pre-season!

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Wes -

Classic Mamba at the end with a side of eff you to Abbott. Too bad for the missed FTs and the botched box out at the end. Thank goodness it's only preseason otherwise I'd be punching puppies.

PS: please note that I would never punch puppies as I think they're the most precious things on earth.

Yeah OK Mike

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32
Jump to: