Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32

View previous topic :: View next topic  
summerly
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

What'sLinsanity? wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
I foresee Young getting a lot of minutes at the 3 when's healthy and wes on the bench.

I agree.

Lin looks like the 2nd best player on the team. There's no reason not to start him and play him 36 minutes per game.

I wonder if he can play 36 minutes per game...stamina problem.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was amazing tonight. In 2nd half that looked like top 5 player to me.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

summerly wrote:
What'sLinsanity? wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
I foresee Young getting a lot of minutes at the 3 when's healthy and wes on the bench.

I agree.

Lin looks like the 2nd best player on the team. There's no reason not to start him and play him 36 minutes per game.

I wonder if he can play 36 minutes per game...stamina problem.

I think he can
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01/gamelog/2012/
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01/gamelog/2013/
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
His crossover is sooo good that he breaks his own ankles!

LOL. Thanks R.

Reflexx wrote:

Hopefully those ankles hold up. Sucks that Lin lost valuable training camp time.

Yes ...
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Wes played the most minutes this game by playing 40 mins. This is so sad and depressing..
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject:

“I love playing with J-Lin,” Davis said. “He’s a pick-and-roll guy. That’s what he wants to do. He gets to the lane. I’m just trying to get him open, and he can take the jump shot or he can find me at the rim.”

-- http://www.nba.com/lakers/141021_linsreturn
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“Jeremy Lin makes a big difference,” Kobe Bryant said. “He creates shots for others. We got somebody else that can penetrate and make plays for others, put pressure on the defense. It’s a really big difference.”

The bolded part is funny because in reality, Lin is the only active guard on the Lakers that can actually penetrate. Kobe himself has depended on his jumpshot all preseason and not really drove to the basket at all.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject:

That game was really fun to watch. It was cool to see Kobe close out that game. But the Lakers will have to get better shots in the 4th. Theses very deep turnarounds are low %age shots even for Kobe. Still it was nice to watch.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
“I love playing with J-Lin,” Davis said. “He’s a pick-and-roll guy. That’s what he wants to do. He gets to the lane. I’m just trying to get him open, and he can take the jump shot or he can find me at the rim.”

The evolution of Lin:

“I’m trying to be a better defender, and I know I’ve gotten better. I know I’ve worked a lot on that this offseason,” he said. “So I think it’s maybe a style that refs haven’t really seen me play before in terms of being more aggressive and being more of an attacking defender. But I’d rather foul out now and try to slowly build a reputation as a defender who plays a certain way.”
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

The evolution of Lin:

“I’m trying to be a better defender, and I know I’ve gotten better. I know I’ve worked a lot on that this offseason,” he said. “So I think it’s maybe a style that refs haven’t really seen me play before in terms of being more aggressive and being more of an attacking defender. But I’d rather foul out now and try to slowly build a reputation as a defender who plays a certain way.”

That's an interesting quote from Lin in part because that's one of the more criticized parts of his game. I heard Byron say the exact same thing about the Lakers getting called for excessive amounts of fouls a few games ago. It's a good sign to see the coach and pg on the same page.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
What sucks more, wesley or lgs new servers?

I'm new to this forum. Is there a way for LakersGround members to make a donation to help out with server and maintenance costs?
Des0rbit
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject:

Its weird, even though Lin looks like he has subpar handles, if you give the ball to Lin good things will happen....
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

One observation I got from the game yesterday: we can keep up with teams when we're focused.... that's a very positive step....
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
One observation I got from the game yesterday: we can keep up with teams when we're focused.... that's a very positive step....

Two observations I got from the game is that when J-Lin plays under control he makes the game fun and the team better!

#2 Kobe is still the Black Mamba!
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

There is no doubt, getting Lin was a steal; we all know the only reason why the Rockets traded Lin to LA, was to create more cap-space ...because they thought they already had a great chance to sign Bosh.... we really got lucky with the Lin trade... if everything works out... he should be fortunate to be in some all-star games in the future.

Kobe will still be a 25-27PPG scorer... I mentioned that when no one believed me... but from everything I have seen.... that shouldn't be a problem.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

The evolution of Lin:

Smart way of complaining about the reffing without getting slapped with a fine.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Kobe was amazing tonight. In 2nd half that looked like top 5 player to me.

Kobe... YES; Server ... not so much!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

The evolution of Lin:

Right before that quote he made a point of saying he didn't want to get fined.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

The evolution of Lin:

Nice avatar btw.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

The evolution of Lin:

Nice avatar btw.

Yeah, haha, I noticed. You probably had it before mine, but I didn't see yours until I already linked it.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

The evolution of Lin:

Nice avatar btw.

Yeah, haha, I noticed. You probably had it before mine, but I didn't see yours until I already linked it.

Your join date is before mine so you get benefit of the doubt.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:

The evolution of Lin:

That's an interesting quote from Lin in part because that's one of the more criticized parts of his game. I heard Byron say the exact same thing about the Lakers getting called for excessive amounts of fouls a few games ago. It's a good sign to see the coach and pg on the same page.

You just distilled Lin as a person. And described one of the major reasons why I've been following his career.

How many of us have turned our negatives into positives? Probably some of us some of the time. For Lin, every single negative aspect of his game that needs fixing are worked on - or at he tries to the best of his ability. And he always does this by taking the high road - always agreeing with the criticism and using it to push himself. I'll back anyone anywhere who has this attitude. At 26 I really hope he has a long run and retires a Laker.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Game 7 is in 3.5 hours and no one's willing to make a thread?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32
Jump to: