Dish Network and TWC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Dish Network and TWC

so..... which company is being the biggest ass holes here?

Last edited by 999 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I vote TWC.
GailGoodrich25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

TWC no doubt.
Sako32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, (bleep) TWC. I have them and I'm switching to Verizon this week.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

both
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Dish. I have relatives who have it and their channel lineup sucks. So glad I have Charter.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Did something happen? I have Cox so I wouldn't know.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

TWC. Unless you have TW you can't catch any dodgers games. It's TW that is most stubborn of them all.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Blame TWC for jacking up the rates that carriers don't want to pay to carry it. Good for the teams since they have more income but bad for the fans.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

akgolf wrote:
I vote TWC.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

That $3 billion for the Lakers TV rights has to come from somewhere. It's basically a tax on everyone.

Ultimately it's really bad business. The Lakers make some money now....but in the long term they lose fans. I say that as someone who became a fan watching his first Laker games in the late 80s on a little B&W Radio Shack TV with rabbit ears that I bought with my own money from doing yard work for neighbors.

Now there are no free games over the air...and many poor fans are locked out of watching the team.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dish Network and TWC

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
so..... which company is being the biggest ass holes here??

Dish. Why has everyone else been able to make a deal but them? They seem to be the odd man out.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
That $3 billion for the Lakers TV rights has to come from somewhere. It's basically a tax on everyone.

Ultimately it's really bad business. The Lakers make some money now....but in the long term they lose fans. I say that as someone who became a fan watching his first Laker games in the late 80s on a little B&W Radio Shack TV with rabbit ears that I bought with my own money from doing yard work for neighbors.

Now there are no free games over the air...and many poor fans are locked out of watching the team.

Sports have basically become properties of the cable companies because its the only way people are going to pay $100-$200 dollars a month for cable service in the age of internet streaming. What used to be free to air like Dodger away games and select home games, and Lakers away games that used to be on KCAL are now all on paid TV services.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

^ yep. And it's not just the Lakers, it seems to be trending throughout the league and throughout sports. It's a bad call. When I first started working a lot in NorCal, I was shocked when I realized I couldn't watch GSW games at my bro's house (Oakland hills, should be a local game, right?). Then it dawned on me not only are the games only on cable but on his carrier you have to buy the sports stations package which he does not. I had to order League Pass Mobile, and will have to again this season. Ridiculous.

And TWC... Apparently if I were a DirectTV customer I could use their app to watch my cable on my device anywhere, but with the TWC app, Sportsnet is blocked when I'm not in my service area. Useless.

Dunno what's going on with Dish, but TWC is hella frustrating for sure.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I work for Time Warner so I'm going to share a bit of inside information with you all because you're my LG family. I'm a source; not a sauce.

If you have either Charter or Time Warner, this time next year, you will become Comcast customers because Comcast bought out Time Warner and is switching territories with Charter. If you have Comcast, now, you will become part of a company called New Charter. The deal has several approvals that it has to go through but it is expected to happen without hitting any snags.

Just thought you all might like to know.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

i don't fuq wit dis. i got direcTV and sunday ticket and NBA league pass.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
i don't fuq wit dis. i got direcTV and sunday ticket and NBA league pass.

Love DTV, especially when you get it for free.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject:

The Faceman wrote:
I work for Time Warner so I'm going to share a bit of inside information with you all because you're my LG family. I'm a source; not a sauce.

If you have either Charter or Time Warner, this time next year, you will become Comcast customers because Comcast bought out Time Warner and is switching territories with Charter. If you have Comcast, now, you will become part of a company called New Charter. The deal has several approvals that it has to go through but it is expected to happen without hitting any snags.

Comcast are like the grand dicks of sports broadcast, portland still gets about 30% coverage, and i think they're about 8 years into the deal...
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:

hahaha, best post of the day!!
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

The Faceman wrote:

Wait a minute, I thought that deal fell through? Also, how can we go from Time Warner Sportsnet, to Comcast Sportsnet. We can't have that, we are already used to it now. It must stay!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
The Faceman wrote:

Wait a minute, I thought that deal fell through? Also, how can we go from Time Warner Sportsnet, to Comcast Sportsnet. We can't have that, we are already used to it now. It must stay!

FCC is still looking at the deal....aka making sure the right bribes are in order...
As for the territory switch, it depends on where you live. Some customers will be switched over some will remain with their current cable company.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject:

The Faceman wrote:

What if im in e seattle area and have comcast? How do i get the damn Lakers!
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject:

TWC no doubt, about it.
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about you guys but I cut the middle man out, well for the most part. The Lakers should have never partnered with twc. All their excellence for the most hated company in the US, jeanie buss is clueless.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
The Faceman wrote:

What if im in e seattle area and have comcast? How do i get the damn Lakers!

You'll still need NBA Legaue Pass.

It not hard to understand that the Lakers channel through TWC is a Regional Sports Network which covers mainly LA, OC, San Diego, some parts of Las Vegas, Hawaii, and central California.

If you lived in a area that showed Laker games in on Fox Sports West under the last TV deal the Lakers had then you should probably be able to get the Laker channel that TWC owns and operates.

Last edited by KB8SD on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: