Rotation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

but in the 4th quarter, i expect both lin and kobe to be on the floor at the same time as the dual playmaking threat, so they will need to develop chemistry soon.

venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree with the bolded so starting Price over Lin makes sense.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
The problem I see with coordinating a starting line up and a bench mob is this:

1. Davis needs Lin to make him look good on offense(based on pre season games)

2. Starting Lin with Kobe might be a waste of Lin's abilities since the offense with Kobe is so Kobe dominant.

So maybe,

Starters:
Davis, Boozer, WJohnson, Kobe, Lin

I wish there was something better than Wes Johnson....hopefully Xavier

Bench:
Hill, Randle, Young, Clarkson, Price

Between Young, Clarkson and Randle there might be enough offensive aggression to carry the team.

I kind of think it would be nice to have Price and Davis together as a defensive duo.

@SerenaWinters: Probable starters listed on tonight's game notes: Kobe Bryant, Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Price, Jordan Hill
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:
but in the 4th quarter, i expect both lin and kobe to be on the floor at the same time as the dual playmaking threat, so they will need to develop chemistry soon.

venturalakersfan wrote:

Did you watch the 4th last night? Once Kobe came back into the game it was pretty much Kobe scoring and Lin spectating. I would definitely keep Lin in at the end of games if only for his free throw shooting.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

This is ridiculous. For years we talk about getting a PG who can create offense to take the load off of Kobe, and when we finally get him you say bench him because Kobe dominates the offense. You have to give these guys time to learn to play with each other.
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

there were more than a few instances when lin was open for a three or more penetration when kobe was doubled. kobe was just really feeling it so he should be shooting that. but lin is a nice outlet to have as a second option down the stretch. he plays much bigger in the 4th.

venturalakersfan wrote:

Did you watch the 4th last night? Once Kobe came back into the game it was pretty much Kobe scoring and Lin spectating. I would definitely keep Lin in at the end of games if only for his free throw shooting.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I Lol'd at the play when Randle had the ball in transition and totally ignored Lin who was wide open for a 3 on the right wing. Randle ended up turning it over.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
This is ridiculous. For years we talk about getting a PG who can create offense to take the load off of Kobe, and when we finally get him you say bench him because Kobe dominates the offense. You have to give these guys time to learn to play with each other.

Agreed. Kobe and Lin are probably the two best players at this point. And though that margin between them may be wide, it may be just as wide to the next best. Get them out there together and fill in the rest by fit.
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Lin did most of his of damage with Kobe on the floor...
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
The problem I see with coordinating a starting line up and a bench mob is this:

1. Davis needs Lin to make him look good on offense(based on pre season games)

2. Starting Lin with Kobe might be a waste of Lin's abilities since the offense with Kobe is so Kobe dominant.

So maybe,

Starters:
Davis, Boozer, WJohnson, Kobe, Lin

I wish there was something better than Wes Johnson....hopefully Xavier

Bench:
Hill, Randle, Young, Clarkson, Price

Between Young, Clarkson and Randle there might be enough offensive aggression to carry the team.

I kind of think it would be nice to have Price and Davis together as a defensive duo.

@SerenaWinters: Probable starters listed on tonight's game notes: Kobe Bryant, Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Price, Jordan Hill

What does BScott have against Lin? Lin plays great coming off injury and says he feels fine. Isn't one game enough to wet his feet especially in the preseason? Smh...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Agreed. Kobe and Lin are probably the two best players at this point. And though that margin between them may be wide, it may be just as wide to the next best. Get them out there together and fill in the rest by fit.

Not even sure how wide that margin is now. Time will tell. But I thought the offense looked best with Lin out there to be honest.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Yea he's definitely a great playmaker, and under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench but it is a contract year for him so I would definitely feel bad for the guy if Price is starting over him when price is a fringe NBA player. Really gonna hurt his salary prospects, which I guess is good for the lakers long run if they want to resign him.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
brunel wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Not even sure how wide that margin is now. Time will tell. But I thought the offense looked best with Lin out there to be honest.

It's this wide: stretch out your right arm to the right and left arm to the left. You see the distance between the two arms? Now multiply that distance by 2 billion. There's your answer.
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I honestly don't get the whole starting Price thing. Price is just not a good PG and can't create for others at all. He can make a few open jumpers, but that's about it. He's been in the league for so long and hasn't proven much. Even comparing Price to Beverley is an insult to Beverley because Beverley is younger and can actually do some things. Price should coming off the bench.

What sucks is that if Lin plays well, Scott will think he's a good fit for the bench. Lin's kind of in a lose-lose situation. I don't think Lin is a starter on 15-20 teams, but he's definitely the best PG on this team. The offense is just so stagnant and Iso heavy without Lin.

Oh and Davis should be starting in front of Hill too. I just don't like Hill's game. He's become too much of a finesse player and he needs to pound it down low now
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:
I honestly don't get the whole starting Price thing. Price is just not a good PG and can't create for others at all. He can make a few open jumpers, but that's about it. He's been in the league for so long and hasn't proven much. Even comparing Price to Beverley is an insult to Beverley because Beverley is younger and can actually do some things. Price should coming off the bench.

What sucks is that if Lin plays well, Scott will think he's a good fit for the bench. Lin's kind of in a lose-lose situation. I don't think Lin is a starter on 15-20 teams, but he's definitely the best PG on this team. The offense is just so stagnant and Iso heavy without Lin.

Oh and Davis should be starting in front of Hill too. I just don't like Hill's game. He's become too much of a finesse player and he needs to pound it down low now

Price is a journeyman PG, but to say a guy can't create for others at all after he had 20 assists in 2 games is flat out wrong.
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:

Price is a journeyman PG, but to say a guy can't create for others at all after he had 20 assists in 2 games is flat out wrong.

That's true, but a lot of those assists were him just passing it to someone who made a contested jump shot. When everyone (including the commentators) are genuinely surprised to find out he had 10 assists, he's not much of a creator.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

glad we finally got to see the line-up of Lin, Kobe, Wes, Booz and Davis playing together. those should be our starters, for sure (well, unless we can find a decent replacement for Wes, of course).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject:

That lineup killed in the 4th, only I wish they had replaced Wes with Randle.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That lineup killed in the 4th, only I wish they had replaced Wes with Randle.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of playing Randle some at the 3. I think he'd be quick enough to stay with most NBA small forwards and he's definitely strong enough to neutralize the bigger players at that position. I also think this would give him more post-up opportunities given the size advantage he has at the 3.

Kiss my Converse.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm hearing Kobe will not play rest of preseason. Who's starting for him tonight then?
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

since1991 wrote:
I'm hearing Kobe will not play rest of preseason. Who's starting for him tonight then?

Probably Ellington....
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
I Lol'd at the play when Randle had the ball in transition and totally ignored Lin who was wide open for a 3 on the right wing. Randle ended up turning it over.

Lin went to him after, u could read his lips, "I was open."
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Hill will be out and Clarkson will be returning tonight. Lin and Davis have to start then right?
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

since1991 wrote:
Looks like Hill will be out and Clarkson will be returning tonight. Lin and Davis have to start then right?

Cool. And where's today's game thread?

Kiss my Converse.
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
since1991 wrote:

Probably Ellington....

OMG you were right... and Sacre too...
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Our rotation will be an issue all year long. B Scott is clueless. Y'all take a deep breath and try to relax

Last edited by Fruscas on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: