Article: Lakers will win 22 games, finish last in West
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Who cares, The author doesn't even get LA's issues right. he says they'll have a decent offense, but horrible defense, when O is their biggest worry.

Lakers will win 50+ games, and be one of the Top 5 defenses. Kobe will be a 25/5/5 player, and possible MVP. This team reminds me of the Net teams Scott had in NJ. Not alot of size, but gutty, and a star to lead.

says it all
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Who cares, The author doesn't even get LA's issues right. he says they'll have a decent offense, but horrible defense, when O is their biggest worry.

Lakers will win 50+ games, and be one of the Top 5 defenses. Kobe will be a 25/5/5 player, and possible MVP. This team reminds me of the Net teams Scott had in NJ. Not alot of size, but gutty, and a star to lead.

Oh man. I wish I was posting on the forum around this time.

Talk about reality hitting you like a ton of bricks.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:

Who cares? You act like you've never been wrong before. I have. Everyone has.

It's just basketball. It's ridiculous when other fans try to ridicule and act like they're perfect with their predictions.

That fan wasn't anticipating Kobe suffering another season ending injury or Randle fracturing his leg.

If that hadn't happened there's no reason they couldn't have been in contention for the eight spot in the West. It didn't even take 50 games to get it this season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:

We we're 23rd in offensive efficiency and 29th in defensive efficiency.
Technically, the author was right.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject:

We probably aren't if Kobe and Randle don't go down if Clarkson still has his emergence. But these things happen in basketball, and you need to role with it.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:

Who cares? You act like you've never been wrong before.

Ha! I wish I've never been wrong my friend....than again, I also wish I was always wrong too. 0_0

It's not being wrong, it's about being completly and utterly unrealistic. Which that post clearly was even without hindsight.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject:

ESPN has been remarkably on point these past years predicting the lakers record. Right on point.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject:

ESPN guesses wrong again! We won 21, not 22.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:

So, if everyone was healthy we would have managed to know win one more game than we did....interesting.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ESPN has been remarkably on point these past years predicting the lakers record. Right on point.

Yup, and they've been slightly more favorable in their projection than our actual record too.

So much for that hate thing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
So, if everyone was healthy we would have managed to know win one more game than we did....interesting.

Didn't they factor in Kobe and Nash missing games? Of course no one saw Randle getting hurt or Clarkson emerging. But their final number was on the mark.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
reality's a (bleep)

Even healthy, just didn't see this squad making any noise in that conference. OKC with 45 wins didn't even get in. If Ibaka and Durant healthy, New Orleans with probably 42-44 wins wouldn't have got in.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

I never understood how a team with Jordan Hill as it's slated defensive anchor (not even factoring the turnstiles in the backcourt) was suppose to improve defensively. All that magical posing and preening about defense by Byron was going to fill a hole the size of the grand canyon apparently.

http://www.axs.com/byron-scott-says-lakers-better-be-ready-to-play-some-defense-next-seas-15434
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

I'm not sure anyone is saying that and I know for sure ESPN isn't.

They factored in injuries, decline via age and injuries, roster makeup, etc. just like everyone else should have.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

Another preseason prediction from Kevin Pelton:

Quote:
3. The Los Angeles Lakers will have the league's worst defensive rating

At this point, projecting the Lakers last might not qualify as bold. They finished 28th in defensive rating during the preseason, but the two teams behind them (the Los Angeles Clippers and the Oklahoma City Thunder) were contenders saving an extra gear for the regular season. Ditto the San Antonio Spurs, who finished 27th.

The Philadelphia 76ers, the one team SCHOENE projected to defend almost as badly as the Lakers, ranked 12th during the preseason. The Lakers look porous inside and out, and new head coach Byron Scott never finished better than 26th in defensive rating during his three seasons as head coach in Cleveland.

Shows what he knows. We finished second to last in defensive rating. BSPN idiots
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I never understood how a team with Jordan Hill as it's slated defensive anchor (not even factoring the turnstiles in the backcourt) was suppose to improve defensively. All that magical posing and preening about defense by Byron was going to fill a hole the size of the grand canyon apparently.

http://www.axs.com/byron-scott-says-lakers-better-be-ready-to-play-some-defense-next-seas-15434

A lot of people seemed to overlook the personnel and assumed that the lakers had been playing no defense because MDA asked them not to.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

It looks like they were on point. Cannot be too critical if they are close to be on point.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
It looks like they were on point. Cannot be too critical if they are close to be on point.

Wait until they have Kobe out the top 100 in their player rankings next season. Flame on!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Another preseason prediction from Kevin Pelton:

Quote:
3. The Los Angeles Lakers will have the league's worst defensive rating

At this point, projecting the Lakers last might not qualify as bold. They finished 28th in defensive rating during the preseason, but the two teams behind them (the Los Angeles Clippers and the Oklahoma City Thunder) were contenders saving an extra gear for the regular season. Ditto the San Antonio Spurs, who finished 27th.

The Philadelphia 76ers, the one team SCHOENE projected to defend almost as badly as the Lakers, ranked 12th during the preseason. The Lakers look porous inside and out, and new head coach Byron Scott never finished better than 26th in defensive rating during his three seasons as head coach in Cleveland.

Shows what he knows. We finished second to last in defensive rating. BSPN idiots

I can't believe I was mad at EPSN for their predictions but there were being generous all along

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Wait until they have Kobe out the top 100 in their player rankings next season. Flame on!

Oh my. His rankings this and last year ended up being quite generous given the fact he's only played 25% of the total games.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Oh my. His rankings this and last year ended up being quite generous given the fact he's only played 25% of the total games.

Not really. Kobe is still a top 20 player.

Yes he shot terribly, but any 36 year old guard would if his coach ran him into the ground and there was no floor spacing to allow him to get better quality looks and the coach not unleashing the only true point guard until he went down.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Yes he shot terribly, but any 36 year old guard would if his coach ran him into the ground and there was no floor spacing to allow him to get better quality looks and the coach not unleashing the only true point guard until he went down.

Regardless. Rankings need to take into account availability. And missing 75% of the past 2 years doesn't make him a top 20, or even 50 player.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Regardless. Rankings need to take into account availability. And missing 75% of the past 2 years doesn't make him a top 20, or even 50 player.

By your logic Derrick Rose isn't a top 50 player either or Kevin Durant since he basically missed the entire season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Top 20 player? Do you watch the games? Kobe is maybe top 50 at best due to injury proneness, age, and being on the decline.

You're basically saying 10 NBA teams do not have a player that is better than Kobe at this point. What teams are those?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
laker4life wrote:

By your logic Derrick Rose isn't a top 50 player either or Kevin Durant since he basically missed the entire season.

Not necessarily. That would assume his logic takes ONLY availability in to account. You can't make the only factor and you can't discount it either.

SGs who can't shoot efficiently anymore aren't as valuable. It sucks, but it is reality. I really believe that he'd have had a better season if not for the achilles tear. I just don't think its age that has him declining so rapidly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: