Grantland: Kobe Bryant, The Perfect Teammate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magickobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
Same here. For perspective, Kobe made about $30 million from 2000-2002. Big picture, the $48.5 million is well worth it when you consider things like that. We were always going to have to deal with a rebuild. That the Lakers rebuilding period is being treated as the greatest debacle in the history of sports is amusing and annoying.

Same with MWP. I would take a game 7 win against the Celts where MWP went 20/5/5 and take the 3 bad years of MWP all day.
all day every day. thank you for saying it.

Notice 99.9% of the haters talking in these articles and on talk radio are fans of teams that have either never won before or have not won a title in 20+ years or have never repeated in the last two eras of the nba.

What... do they know about winning and whether or not a winner like kobe is a leader or a good teammate? They know as much about this stuff as dwight knows about how to win a championship.

This is why i only can half listen to these people. I'm talking to people who literally....Dont have clue.

I have to listen to Cowerd Tell me how he would've let kobe walk vs paying him that money. He probably would have. and thats why non of his favorite teams ever won like the lakers have. They still dont get it. Their's a formula here. The formula is CLASS first when it comes to players.

If players can't see that. they are the idiots. THink about this. tthese players signed on a CBA that basically made them get paid less then they deserve(at least the stars). But you have the lakers making darn sure they pay their guy his worth. If that isnt a bat signal to all superstars i dont know what is.

lets look at the resume.

kobe helped shaq get 3 in a row.

kobe helped gasol get 2 in a row

kobe helped LO get 2 in a row
kobe helped MWP get one
kobe helped ariza get one

ariza finally looked decent this past season after playing for the lakers years ago. he looked like trash fresh after he left the lakers. POST KOBE.

Mwp was good but he was a headcase until he played for the lakers and won that ring. MWP is out of the league right now.

LO is a headcase as we speak POST KOBE.

SMush parker never deserved to be on a nba court. kobe helped give him a spot light and got him a few million bucks in a contract with the heat. smush is playing park ball as we speak.

Sasha got a couple of titles. Sasha is out of the league right now.

Farmar had a couple of titles got his pay day and was out of the league as well POST KOBE just got back in.

Shannon brown got a title and a check because of kobe.

Earl Clark(grant) got a check due to kobe. and he's not playing for anyone as we speak just got cut.

^^^thats all i know. i dont know anything else but the above. That tells me playing with kobe helps a lot more then it hurts. If you''re a marginal role guy you will end up with millions you dont deserve when you become a FA. if you're a solid role guy like a fisher, you will win rings and be called a champion for the rest of your life. if you're an allstar caliber player you will not end your career ringless playing with kobe. This is all i know about kobe.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject:

I see the re-up of Kobe for league-high monies as a colossal blunder, an expensive postponement of success from talent acquisition. I won't pay for Laker tix until he's gone, let someone else support the insanity.
magickobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
I see the re-up of Kobe for league-high monies as a colossal blunder, an expensive postponement of success from talent acquisition. I won't pay for Laker tix until he's gone, let someone else support the insanity.

i guess this means we'll see you when the lakers are back on top with a new breed of star players. until then...bye and dont let the door hit ya.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Oh nooes poor lakers. How will they ever turn a profit with you leaving

I hope he re ups again after his contract expires in 2016

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Cool.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: