Steve Nash Discussion: Done for season; Nash open letter to Laker fans, pg 29
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Hibbert for nash/sacre/1st houston +2nd

Or al horford for nash/sacre/1st houston + 2nd

please we need to stop including draft picks like they are hot cakes. We need to keep all of our draft picks especially in a rebuilding stage. Look how a couple of draft picks rejuvenate our roster ( with youth and talent in Randl/ clarkson)

having hibbert will set u up for next 5-8yrs and can contribute at a v high level.

having him will help Randle also.

Hibbert is almost 28, lol. You guys are insane.

so? he is not an athletic freak whose physical play won't last? next 5 yrs he should be very serviceable.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

please we need to stop including draft picks like they are hot cakes. We need to keep all of our draft picks especially in a rebuilding stage. Look how a couple of draft picks rejuvenate our roster ( with youth and talent in Randl/ clarkson)

having hibbert will set u up for next 5-8yrs and can contribute at a v high level.

so? he is not an athletic freak whose physical play won't last? next 5 yrs he should be very serviceable.

Thought it was 5-8 years?

I can't believe you guys want to waste max money on Roy freaking Hibbert. Feels like I'm taking crazy pills here, lol. John Henson will be better than Roy Hibbert, and he's only 23. Perfect to pair with Randle FOR THE NEXT DECADE, and he's dirt cheap right now. Kyle O'Quinn is another guy. Hell, I'd take Kevin Seraphin over Hibbert and his contract. All 3 of them should be somewhat available. Gobert? Dieng? Harder to get, but at least they'll be hitting their prime by the time we're contending again. Hibbert isn't putting this team over the top, so it's totally pointless to waste that kind of money on him (especially with Kobe still on the books). Stop getting stuck on these names. I feel like I'm drafting with bad fantasy basketball players. Let's go after Kevin Garnett too!!

We should be focusing on 3-4 years from now, not the next season or two. Hibbert is too old, and too expensive. Not to mention the fact that he's just not worth max money. He'll be 31 by the time we're even remotely good again. Get a few young guys and they'll be hitting their prime at the perfect time. It's basic math, ffs. You just don't waste max money on someone just for the sake of it.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I can't believe you guys want to waste max money on Roy freaking Hibbert. Feels like I'm taking crazy pills here, lol. John Henson will be better than Roy Hibbert, and he's only 23. Perfect to pair with Randle FOR THE NEXT DECADE, and he's dirt cheap right now. Kyle O'Quinn is another guy. Hell, I'd take Kevin Seraphin over Hibbert and his contract. All 3 of them should be somewhat available. Gobert? Dieng? Harder to get, but at least they'll be hitting their prime by the time we're contending again. Hibbert isn't putting this team over the top, so it's totally pointless to waste that kind of money on him (especially with Kobe still on the books). Stop getting stuck on these names. I feel like I'm drafting with bad fantasy basketball players. Let's go after Kevin Garnett too!!

We should be focusing on 3-4 years from now, not the next season or two. Hibbert is too old, and too expensive. Not to mention the fact that he's just not worth max money. He'll be 31 by the time we're even remotely good again. Get a few young guys and they'll be hitting their prime at the perfect time. It's basic math, ffs. You just don't waste max money on someone just for the sake of it.

i have been dying to get 3 of the 4 guys u mentioned:
Henson
Gobert
Dieng

i doubt we can get any...I would even give houston pick/2nd for Gobert actually
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Henson
Gobert
Dieng

See, now we're talkin! Henson would be the easiest to get. Kidd likes Sanders, so Henson should be available again. He was as of last April, and they have a few contracts that they'd love to get rid of (Mayo/Ersan). Both expire next season, and they're roughly HALF of what Hibbert makes.

Gobert would be slightly more difficult. I'm not sure how well he and Favors are going to work. I mentioned the Jazz being interested in Ryan Kelly awhile back. He fits better than Gobert does, but we'd probably have to throw in the HOU pick at the very least. I mentioned going after Gobert at the same time (earlier this summer), but then he went off during FIBA, so he's going to cost a bit more now.

Dieng would be the hardest to get. Probably unavailable, tbh.

Kyle O'Quinn might actually be the easiest out of all of them, and that dude is an absolute monster with minutes. He's only 24, and Orlando has Vuc/Frye/Gordon/Nicholson at the 4/5 already. He's just wasting away on their bench.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Henson
Gobert
Dieng

See, now we're talkin! Henson would be the easiest to get. Kidd likes Sanders, so Henson should be available again. He was as of last April, and they have a few contracts that they'd love to get rid of (Mayo/Ersan). Both expire next season, and they're roughly HALF of what Hibbert makes.

Gobert would be slightly more difficult. I'm not sure how well he and Favors are going to work. I mentioned the Jazz being interested in Ryan Kelly awhile back. He fits better than Gobert does, but we'd probably have to throw in the HOU pick at the very least. I mentioned going after Gobert at the same time (earlier this summer), but then he went off during FIBA, so he's going to cost a bit more now.

Dieng would be the hardest to get. Probably unavailable, tbh.

Kyle O'Quinn might actually be the easiest out of all of them, and that dude is an absolute monster with minutes. He's only 24, and Orlando has Vuc/Frye/Gordon/Nicholson at the 4/5 already. He's just wasting away on their bench.

Agreed. I love gobert. Lowe did a article on him which says his cieling maybe prime chsndler. I think its higher then that.

But henson/gobert and i m ok. The most getable is kevin seraphin as he signed the QO.

Dieng, i agree he is unavailable.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Melissa Rohlin @melissarohlin · 42m 42 minutes ago
CP3 on Nash: " I remember the night before I played him the first time, I couldn't sleep because I wanted to play against him so bad."

Melissa Rohlin @melissarohlin · 43m 43 minutes ago
CP3 on Nash: "When I came into the NBA, he was the guy I was coming after."
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Agreed. I love gobert. Lowe did a article on him which says his cieling maybe prime chsndler. I think its higher then that.

But henson/gobert and i m ok. The most getable is kevin seraphin as he signed the QO.

Dieng, i agree he is unavailable.

Seraphin would actually be my last choice anyway. I like him, but I was using him as the worst case example of guys I'd be willing to take to avoid Hibbert's contract, lol.

It's not even that I dislike Hibbert that much, it's just that I don't think he's worth the max (especially when we don't have much cap space to play with). I'd rather put the puzzle together, and then drop in that last piece when we find a max player that's actually worth it.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Nash. Only a season too late. Enjoy your retirement and the $$$
LaZonaImagery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Someone got paid for nuthin'
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject:

LaZonaImagery wrote:

A lot of NBA players get paid for nothing, or are not worth their contract. That's the nature of the business. These are guaranteed contracts. At least from an overall career perspective, HE DESERVES IT. Some guys don't get injured, don't miss any seasons but are worth half their career earnings. Someone like Boozer? LOL! What about Grant Hill cashing in on his max contract while giving Orlando NOTHING in return. Derek Rose and Kobe continued to cash checks as well being out these past few seasons. Nash just stands out and is an easy target cause it's his last year.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LaZonaImagery wrote:

A lot of NBA players get paid for nothing, or are not worth their contract. That's the nature of the business. These are guaranteed contracts. At least from an overall career perspective, HE DESERVES IT. Some guys don't get injured, don't miss any seasons but are worth half their career earnings. Someone like Boozer? LOL! What about Grant Hill cashing in on his max contract while giving Orlando NOTHING in return. Derek Rose and Kobe continued to cash checks as well being out these past few seasons. Nash just stands out and is an easy target cause it's his last year.

First of all, those situations are not even remotely comparable and I'm shocked you even brought them up. Kobe ran himself into the ground trying to get us into the playoffs, he deserved every penny he got. Derrick Rose sat out when he was healthy. And Nash will have played 65 games out of a possible 246 games and did absolutely nothing in those 65 games. We've gotten no value out of that contract.

Secondly, Nash stands out because he not only cost us 4 draft picks, but again, he's only played in 65/246 games. And he refused medical retirement last season for a futile comeback that he knew was going to cost us.

I don't think anyone really cares that Nash is in his last season.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LaZonaImagery wrote:

Kobe won us championships and is a Lakers legend. Nash has been an utter disappointment his entire time here. Don't compare the two situations.
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject:

He isn't a game changer anymore and is definitely flawed but I'd take

Josh Smith for Nash + Ellington.

Mitch waves magic wand and gets a 1st rounder for taking on Josh Smith's contract.

I don't want a Deron or Rondo type, we have a quality PG in Lin, might as well upgrade other positions.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

cheetos82 wrote:

Mitch waves magic wand and gets a 1st rounder for taking on Josh Smith's contract.

I don't want a Deron or Rondo type, we have a quality PG in Lin, might as well upgrade other positions.

No thanks. That means Jules or Smith, one has to play SF. Smith sucks at that and Jules isn't really a SF IMO.
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cheetos82 wrote:

No thanks. That means Jules or Smith, one has to play SF. Smith sucks at that and Jules isn't really a SF IMO.

Well I mean nobody is going to give us a Prime Scotty Pippen for Nash at this point and the more I think about this, the more it makes sense for both sides. Pistons want to trade Smith in order to lock up Monroe. Lakers can definitely use his rim protection and defense. Smith and Davis in the lineup would definitely help out Randle on the defensive end. I'm high on Julius but he is a rookie after all and we shouldn't expect him to be at an all-star level this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA: Knicks could be changing course on picking up Shane Larkin 2015-'16 option, now leaning toward the cap space, sources say. Deadline Friday.

Nash to Knicks...give us Shane and other contracts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

cheetos82 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cheetos82 wrote:

Well I mean nobody is going to give us a Prime Scotty Pippen for Nash at this point and the more I think about this, the more it makes sense for both sides. Pistons want to trade Smith in order to lock up Monroe. Lakers can definitely use his rim protection and defense. Smith and Davis in the lineup would definitely help out Randle on the defensive end. I'm high on Julius but he is a rookie after all and we shouldn't expect him to be at an all-star level this year.

Smith is going to be a tough one to deal with as he gets older and his athleticism declines. I have liked him in the past but he's just going to be a hindrance to Randle growing on this team. He duplicates what Randle will be for us (of course Smith is better on defense). I just don't see the Lakers going in the Smoove direction.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
@WojYahooNBA: Knicks could be changing course on picking up Shane Larkin 2015-'16 option, now leaning toward the cap space, sources say. Deadline Friday.

Nash to Knicks...give us Shane and other contracts.

nash is too big of expiring for shane. maybe Sacre and a 2nd should do it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

If we get a DPE can use on Shane iirc.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If we get a DPE can use on Shane iirc.

that means we can't use nash's contract at deadline. prefer to keep the contract till deadline and see if we can use it before using DPE
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

my gosh why do people want Josh Smith?
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

First person to suggest we bring back Derek Fisher will be stoned.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
First person to suggest we bring back Derek Fisher will be stoned.

Bring Derek back LINK j/k

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I think we should bring back Derek Fisher or Smush!!
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

so can we trade him to the suns for isiah and someone?

can't he fail to meet the 10 games played and give them the medical kickback anyways?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 19 of 38
Jump to: