Summer 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:

urbanturban wrote:
I think the Lakers go after Rondo personally. Just fits the coaching and position need.

Horrible fit with kobe. At least nash and Lin can shoot when kobe demands the ball. What can rondo do without the ball?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject:

I hope we draft mudiay or towns. It would really help to expedite this rebuild. Both would be good fits with randle but mudiay would look great with randle in the PnR
Cancun Van Exel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
urbanturban wrote:
I think the Lakers go after Rondo personally. Just fits the coaching and position need.

Horrible fit with kobe. At least nash and Lin can shoot when kobe demands the ball. What can rondo do without the ball?

I agree. That said, we need to stop building around Kobe at some point and start thinking of who fits with Randle.

However, I don't want Rondo unless he comes cheap, which is unlikely. He'll be overpaid by someone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

Cancun Van Exel wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
urbanturban wrote:

I agree. That said, we need to stop building around Kobe at some point and start thinking of who fits with Randle.

However, I don't want Rondo unless he comes cheap, which is unlikely. He'll be overpaid by someone.

Rondo is a bad influence anyways if he's the titular head of the team once Kobe is gone. He hasn't exactly been Captain America on the struggling Boston team once Pierce/KG/Allen left. Not the kind of personality you want to build around
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject:

The only way they draft Mudiay or Towns is if they drop down to Rockets pick or we're bad enough to keep our top 5 draft pick.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I strongly suggest yall take a look at mario hezonja. If he's attainable at our suns pick. I'd grab him if okafor is gone. Even over towns.

Delon wright or cauley stein w our Hou pick.

I'm unimpressed w the ufas. Marc is not the future here, he's too old. Why would deandre leave his better situation for our rebuild?
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Id rather go after Goran Dragic in 2015 than Rondo or resigning Lin.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:

I have liked Dragic for a while. How would you feel if Reggie Jax/Lin were available for the same price as just Dragic?
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Why not go after the BPA in FA and Get Lamarcus Aldridge and have him play at center? He's unrestriced, and considering the fact he ate Dwight Howard alive in this
game, I say why not? To me he's the third best player in the league. Also, go after Aaron afflalo and push kobe to SF

PG: JLIN
SG: Afflalo
SF: Kobe
PF: Julius
C: Lamarcus

It's funny though because I was going to make this thread yesterday to propose this idea...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Why not go after the BPA in FA and Get Lamarcus Aldridge and have him play at center? He's unrestriced, and considering the fact he ate Dwight Howard alive in this
game, I say why not? To me he's the third best player in the league. Also, go after Aaron afflalo and push kobe to SF

It's funny though because I was going to make this thread yesterday to propose this idea...

1. LMA HATES playing center. That's why they got Lopez.

2. I think he will take the max and 5 years which only Portland can give him (since he's had some major injuries and heart ailment issues so that max $ may matter to him). I think he likes that Portland team.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I have liked Dragic for a while. How would you feel if Reggie Jax/Lin were available for the same price as just Dragic?

u mean Reggie + Lin instead of Dragic?

I go with Reggie + Lin
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I go with Reggie + Lin

That's what I said when I put "just Dragic," Of course, Lin may play well and get bigger offers, but assuming something (conservative) like: RJax ($11) and Lin ($8) over just dumping $18-19 on Dragic (who I think is a very good player).
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I go with Reggie + Lin

That's what I said when I put "just Dragic," Of course, Lin may play well and get bigger offers, but assuming something (conservative) like: RJax ($11) and Lin ($8) over just dumping $18-19 on Dragic (who I think is a very good player).

personally I would go after Klay Thompson 1st and get him for max.

everything else depends on whats remaining
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

2. I think he will take the max and 5 years which only Portland can give him (since he's had some major injuries and heart ailment issues so that max $ may matter to him). I think he likes that Portland team.

I know he's not the biggest fan of playing C, but he'll pretty much have the same exact role. Nowadays, PF/C is the same as SG/SF. Meaning he'll pretty much be getting the same exact looks in LA as he was in Portland. Plus, I think it would be the right career move for him. He hasn't necessarily gotten the rightful praise. If he comes to LA, he'll have endorsement deals he would never get playing in Portland
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

I know he's not the biggest fan of playing C, but he'll pretty much have the same exact role. Nowadays, PF/C is the same as SG/SF. Meaning he'll pretty much be getting the same exact looks in LA as he was in Portland. Plus, I think it would be the right career move for him. He hasn't necessarily gotten the rightful praise. If he comes to LA, he'll have endorsement deals he would never get playing in Portland

I highly doubt this. He won't be a full-time center ever again. I don't think Lakers will be spending its salary cap on a PF for a long time thanks to Jules. He also gets a 5th year, and considering his heart ailments in the past, another year of guaranteed money is an absolute must IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I go with Reggie + Lin

He's most likely going to be a Warrior. They'll match it and I wouldn't be surprised if they wrap up the extension by this Friday.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I go with Reggie + Lin

He's most likely going to be a Warrior. They'll match it and I wouldn't be surprised if they wrap up the extension by this Friday.

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Sources: With deadline looming,contract talks with no max offer between Klay Thompson & Warriors causing frustration. http://t.co/bRdszq4saI

We dont know yet
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Look at what happened with Bledsoe. Warriors will do the right thing.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

Both for the price of 1? That's a no brainer I would do it. Reggie Jackson is a very good pg and can play good defense. Having both would be great depth at pg something we havent had since the 80s.
Cancun Van Exel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

I can't see why many people think Reggie Jax is worth $10mil + a season. He's not bad but he's nowhere near worth a decent sized chunk of the cap IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Cancun Van Exel wrote:
I can't see why many people think Reggie Jax is worth $10mil + a season. He's not bad but he's nowhere near worth a decent sized chunk of the cap IMO.

I think he will prove to be worth that. He's stuck behind Westbrook.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Cancun Van Exel wrote:

He was able to take over last season for the injured Westbrook without much drop off in the Thunders winning %. He's 24 yrs old and when he gets his chance to start I think he will be a 16/6/5 guy with lockdown defense. It's like when Bledsoe was behind CP3 in LA, everyone could see the talent but he was simply playing behind a hall of famer.
Cancun Van Exel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
Cancun Van Exel wrote:

He was able to take over last season for the injured Westbrook without much drop off in the Thunders winning %. He's 24 yrs old and when he gets his chance to start I think he will be a 16/6/5 guy with lockdown defense. It's like when Bledsoe was behind CP3 in LA, everyone could see the talent but he was simply playing behind a hall of famer.

Except he's not as good as Bledsoe? If CP3 is a 10, Bledsoe is an 8, then Reggie Jax is a what? i say 5.8
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Cancun Van Exel wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Cancun Van Exel wrote:

Except he's not as good as Bledsoe? If CP3 is a 10, Bledsoe is an 8, then Reggie Jax is a what? i say 5.8

Also half the price,nearly a half decade younger than cp3. I'd "rate" him 6.5. Just stuck behind Russ.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Klay Thompson and Greg Monroe should be the main targets next summer. Two young players who will be around for a long time with Randle and Clarkson. I'll be happy with either.

Max for Klay, then remainder for Monroe? Who is playing point guard though on this team? (Lin would need to be let go).

If we let Lin go Price & Clarkson gets it by default.

Maybe (wishful thinking) Lin decides to stay and gives us the hometown discount.

Lin said that LA is a place he can call home. I predict that FO will give him an offer and Lin will take it. I think Lin will be here for a long time, hopefully till he retires ...
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15
Jump to: