Lakers Probably Going Sign Another PG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Also Bryce Cotton who never got a shot with the Spurs.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if they can convince Philly to give up MCW after he returns from injury for Nash and maybe a pick.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
I wonder if they can convince Philly to give up MCW after he returns from injury for Nash and maybe a pick.

Doubt it. Pick won't be high enough, and they could probably get a better offer for him. They don't need Nash's expiring either.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan · 5h 5 hours ago
Lakers not looking to add another PG at this time. They like Lin, are pleased with Ronnie Price. And of course, there's the rookie, Clarkson
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
aaron craft just got waived...mcadoo as well...

Prefer to give mind to clarkson instead of aaron craft/mcadoo
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
if Jason Kidd gets fired in Brooklyn, we can give him a shot, playing for B Scott again. no, it's not a joke.
still... it's funny like a joke.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan · 5h 5 hours ago
Lakers not looking to add another PG at this time. They like Lin, are pleased with Ronnie Price. And of course, there's the rookie, Clarkson

Good we need a SF until Swaggy gets back.
r41
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject:

JJ Barea fits perfectly in the exception: 1-year contract, 4.5 MLN, and Minnesota wants to unload him.
sidestep
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject:

r41 wrote:
JJ Barea fits perfectly in the exception: 1-year contract, 4.5 MLN, and Minnesota wants to unload him.

His play seemed to really drop off last year.
.387 FG%, .471 TS%, .316 3P%
Wonder what he has left -- didn't follow what happened to him last year besides what was evident in games. Regardless, there aren't obviously better options than that.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/current_free_agents/All/Prior/All/Per_Game/0/NBA/position

Those options at PG are

Don't worry, I just took my Converse out of my closet. I am a great defender but need work on 3 pointers and conditioning.
joedanvan22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/current_free_agents/All/Prior/All/Per_Game/0/NBA/position

Those options at PG are

lol that list needs to be updated i saw derek fishers name as a free agent
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

We need a witch doctor cleansing.

Some bad luch for years now. Somes must of put some type of curse on us. My bet is dan gilbert and his fat ass kid
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

r41 wrote:

No need to use he exception for a player like JJ

Use nash's contract at trade deadline
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

deleted
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

If price is out for a couple of weeks, we will probably be more agressive on adding a pg... ellington hopefully gets cut cause i dont think he can be consistent scorer.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject:

We should have tried to acquire another 2nd round pick guard this offseason, we desperately need another prospect ball handler on this team. We would be totally screwed right now if Ronnie Price hadn't elevated his game so much.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
We should have tried to acquire another 2nd round pick guard this offseason, we desperately need another prospect ball handler on this team. We would be totally screwed right now if Ronnie Price hadn't elevated his game so much.

Do we use the D-Fenders roster to evaluate prospects? Their draft is coming up sometime next week.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
if Jason Kidd gets fired in Brooklyn, we can give him a shot, playing for B Scott again. no, it's not a joke.
still... it's funny like a joke.

Not sure what's funnier. That he thinks Kidd is still in Brooklyn, or that after making a ton of money as a coach he'd go back to abuse his old retired body for a min contract and to play for a coach that he personally got fired over a decade ago.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

I still think Bo is the easiest acquisition. IMO Ronnie got it bad. It's the same kind of collision, but more violent, that shelved Kobe and Nash. Price is younger and won't be as fragile but it looked like he got hit on the same spot twice. Time will tell but since the push is for another PG, here's another proposal.

As i understand it, we can't trade a recent free agent until Dec 15, that rules out Ellington. We could sign Marshon Brook to a contract (he's playing overseas) like that of Aaron Mckey then trade him to Phillie for Marquis Teague. Phillie already got a 2nd rounder from Brooklyn out of it, getting Brooks and immediately cutting him clears Teague's salary = free pick. Teague isn't a huge difference maker, but he has more the traditional PG experience. He obviously has the quicks like his brother but needs to put in the work.

He gets a shot to prove himself (he did fairly well in summer league) by running an offense. His highlights shows a version of Lin, likes to attack the basket, (probably because he has no outside shot.)
Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
We need a witch doctor cleansing.

Some bad luch for years now. Somes must of put some type of curse on us. My bet is dan gilbert and his fat ass kid

Wasn't there a child that fell and died at Staples center during a Laker game a few years ago? Not for nothin, but seems like bad ju-ju to me.
Cancun Van Exel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
I still think Bo is the easiest acquisition. IMO Ronnie got it bad. It's the same kind of collision, but more violent, that shelved Kobe and Nash. Price is younger and won't be as fragile but it looked like he got hit on the same spot twice. Time will tell but since the push is for another PG, here's another proposal.

As i understand it, we can't trade a recent free agent until Dec 15, that rules out Ellington. We could sign Marshon Brook to a contract (he's playing overseas) like that of Aaron Mckey then trade him to Phillie for Marquis Teague. Phillie already got a 2nd rounder from Brooklyn out of it, getting Brooks and immediately cutting him clears Teague's salary = free pick. Teague isn't a huge difference maker, but he has more the traditional PG experience. He obviously has the quicks like his brother but needs to put in the work.

He gets a shot to prove himself (he did fairly well in summer league) by running an offense. His highlights shows a version of Lin, likes to attack the basket, (probably because he has no outside shot.)

Teague had a chance to get minutes last year before CHI acquired DJ Augustin (when Rose was out and IIRC, Heinrich too) and he looked really overmatched and terrible trying to play NBA point guard. Like worse than Austin Rivers.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Don't look now but if Emplay is to be believed, we can't cut Price nor Ellington right now without paying them full garanteed contract money, cause they're injured. That's why we had to cut Roscoe Smith and Jabari Brown (and because they suck, of course)

Quote:
Eric Pincus @EricPincus · 16 h Há 16 horas
Wayne Ellington was on the roster bubble but with concussion - Lakers can't cut him while hurt - else they would owe him full salary

Quote:
Ronnie Price suffered what looked like knee contusion - he also can't be cut while hurt or be owed full salary - but was already making team

Quote:
So I would say Lakers opening night 15 is all but set with Price and Ellington - while some teams cut guaranteed money - doubt Lakers do
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject:

so for Ellington it was an act of "fortune" to get a concussion last night I suppose.
Born89FanIn95
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

casper ware is now available after being traded to brooklyn and being waived....he is 24....played great in the summer league and was okay last year.....good defender....is a streaky shooter...why not
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

What gives... if you have to obtain salary by cutting a guy like Ellington.... he's not gonna help the team much... and you rather get the 4M DTE and use it on a better player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: