Official Ronnie Price Injury Thread: (UPDATE: Probable for Game Tonight p. 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K76154
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:
hoping for ronnie's speedy recovery so the lakers can show its TRUE colors! purple and gold baby, starts from defense! price is right defense!

lin better be happy he's getting this chance to start, because it would've never came otherwise. sad we'll have our opening game with a sub, but the injury curse continues in the showtime nation. i just hope he doesnt take the ball away from the mamba too much... stay at the side and get out of the way and hopefully play some defense, let davis cover up for his defense liability.

will really miss ronnie, i hope he recovers enough to give us at least quality 10-15 minutes so he can show that synergistic offense with kobe and the starts, as well as gritty no non-sense defense.

Yet another joke. Lin's defense is an asset, not liability. Do your homework before posting anything. Don't just read the very biased Huston media's articles. Lin actually had better defensive stats than Beverley last season, and he even improved that during this offseason. Compared with the poor D Price was showing in the preseason games, Lin's defense is much much better than Price. Add in the fact that Price has no offense, and can't create any opportunity for his teammates, Lin just blows Price out in every single category by light-years.

Just as defensive stats said that Boozer was equal to Gibson in Chicago last year. All they tell us is that they are not a reliable method of rating players. Byron will pick who he thinks gives the team the better chance of winning, we don't need to worry about that, he won't ask us and he wouldn't pay attention to our opinions. As for Price, maybe you missed the preseason but he had 20 assists in two games, I think the idea that he can't create for others is not valid with this team. I don't care who starts or who finishes, I only want to see the team compete. There are reasons that teams don't let their fans pick their lineups, and the top reason is bias. And that is strong here.

If you had watched those so called 10 assists games, he was just passing to Sacre/Boozer at the midrange and they just happened to made those shots. That's just pure luck, and looks more like outlier than norm. In the rest of the games he played, he averaged 3 assists in about 25 minutes. That is in line with his career average when normalized to 25 minutes, so that's much more accurate number you should expect from him in the assist category.

Last edited by K76154 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
freethrow wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:
hoping for ronnie's speedy recovery so the lakers can show its TRUE colors! purple and gold baby, starts from defense! price is right defense!

lin better be happy he's getting this chance to start, because it would've never came otherwise. sad we'll have our opening game with a sub, but the injury curse continues in the showtime nation. i just hope he doesnt take the ball away from the mamba too much... stay at the side and get out of the way and hopefully play some defense, let davis cover up for his defense liability.

will really miss ronnie, i hope he recovers enough to give us at least quality 10-15 minutes so he can show that synergistic offense with kobe and the starts, as well as gritty no non-sense defense.

Yet another joke. Lin's defense is an asset, not liability. Do your homework before posting anything. Don't just read the very biased Huston media's articles. Lin actually had better defensive stats than Beverley last season, and he even improved that during this offseason. Compared with the poor D Price was showing in the preseason games, Lin's defense is much much better than Price. Add in the fact that Price has no offense, and can't create any opportunity for his teammates, Lin just blows Price out in every single category by light-years.

Relax. According to the "logic" around here, Price isn't starting because he's better than Lin, he's starting because he's worse. Crazy, I know.

And according to your "logic" Price is starting, despite Byron coming out and saying that Lin is starting. Why you want to keep complaining about something that won't happen is beyond me, maybe some sadist tendencies or something.

Yes I realize Price isn't starting. I was just commenting on those who are still those advocating that he be the starter using the logic that the better player should come off the bench because the bench needs him more. I was informing K76154 about this line of reasoning because he seemed confused.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

he was obviously trolling, SMH... bother arguing with him???
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:

K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

Just as defensive stats said that Boozer was equal to Gibson in Chicago last year. All they tell us is that they are not a reliable method of rating players. Byron will pick who he thinks gives the team the better chance of winning, we don't need to worry about that, he won't ask us and he wouldn't pay attention to our opinions. As for Price, maybe you missed the preseason but he had 20 assists in two games, I think the idea that he can't create for others is not valid with this team. I don't care who starts or who finishes, I only want to see the team compete. There are reasons that teams don't let their fans pick their lineups, and the top reason is bias. And that is strong here.

If you had watched those so called 10 assists games, he was just passing to Sacre/Boozer at the midrange and they just happened to made those shots. That's just pure luck, and looks more like outlier than norm. In the rest of the games he played, he averaged 3 assists in about 25 minutes. That is in line with his career average when normalized to 25 minutes, so that's much more accurate number you should expect from him in the assist category.

3 assists in about 20 minutes from him, maybe 5-6 from Lin, and 4-5 from Kobe and the team is moving the ball on offense. Nice.
Spoolxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:

There's a reason why his career average is 3pts and 1 ast per game while shooting a magnificent .378.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject:

And why Lin averages 11/4 at 44%. Probably the same reason.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

and.... here we go again.

someone writes a troll post obviously trying to rile up some reactions from certain folks and people fall for it every single time. smh...
K76154
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

3 assists in about 20 minutes from him, maybe 5-6 from Lin, and 4-5 from Kobe and the team is moving the ball on offense. Nice.

But I don't see any NBA coach would start a PG who can only provide 3 assists in 25 minutes. Oh Beverley is one, but you know McFail is an idiot. And if he was competing with any other PG with Lin's stats but not named Lin, he probably wouldn't have won the starting position.

I understand Lin is starting, but the fact that Byron made this even a discussion is a joke itself.
PPP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Thats because he has an idiotic coach last season. Hope scott would not be the one.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

PPP wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thats because he has an idiotic coach last season. Hope scott would not be the one.

Believe me BScott is no McHale. He's old school, but he doesn't have any kind of agenda like McHale did. Remember it was McHale who cut Lin a month before Linsanity, which made him look like a fool. He had it in for Lin ever since.

BScott is just a stubborn, old fashioned, defensive minded coach. Whatever he decides with Lin, it will be a purely basketball decision. Just live with it and enjoy the season.
sammo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject:

[Trolling post deleted - poster banned]
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject:

Get well quick Ronnie. Lin needs his fellow PG to come back him up.
K76154
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
K76154 wrote:

Well, I may be over reacting. After all we haven't even played a regular season game so far. But with the way the Rockets treated Lin, the trust between Lin fans and franchises is very fragile now. The Rockets forum "Cluthfans" even ban every single pro-Lin comments and threads to make up the illusion that every Rockets fan hates Lin. Hopefully they don't do anything to harm this already fragile trust.

Well if the Lin fans are valuing Lin over the team, I can see why their comments are not welcomed.

There are always team fans and player fans in each team. I believe there are also many Kobe fans. As long as the team treats the player fairly and with respect, those two types of fans can live together happily. If Lin is a bad player and doesn't qualify the starting position and playing time, fans would know and nobody would argue. But when he more than qualify and the coach are still doing all those craps when there's clearly no other qualifying candidate, it's hard for the fans to not argue. All we want is just treat him with fair, give him what he deserves. With his level of play, I think these are what he deserves:

1. Plays 30+ "consistent" minutes every game, which means almost the same timing for rest and get back to the court.
2. Start AND close the game
3. Don't pull him out after just one or two bad plays
4. When Kobe needs a break or is being defended tightly, let Lin run the offense.

If he fails to perform when all of these happens for extended period of time, then it's his problem. Nobody will argue.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject:

sammo wrote:
wow, jlin fans. please calm down - yes, i was trolling about jlin's defense... but its purpose was to show how rabid jlin fans get.

Unacceptable. Post reported.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

What's nuts is that the lakers didn't immediately foul or call timeout to get Price off the floor. That was absolutely ridiculous. He was clearly done.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately;.... Judging from some of the posts on this thread it appears that Ronnie Price is going to be one of the "whipping boys/scapegoats" if and or when things go bad for the team. SMH
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
What's nuts is that the lakers didn't immediately foul or call timeout to get Price off the floor. That was absolutely ridiculous. He was clearly done.

I think they also sent Steve Nash back in when he had a broken leg 2 yrs ago, if I remember correctly.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Unfortunately;.... Judging from some of the posts on this thread it appears that Ronnie Price is going to be one of the "whipping boys/scapegoats" if and or when things go bad for the team. SMH

Why would the 3rd stringer be blamed? Ridiculous. Ronnie Price won't have any effect on the team unless he sees significant playing time. My guess is that he is what he is--a decent 3rd stringer--BScott gives him the commensurate respect and lip service to the media but he's not stupid. Ronnie Price played because of injury in the preseason. He's gonna get some PT cuz the Lakers need bodies but when they get people back (X, Swag) he's not gonna be in the regular rotation--nor should he be. Especially if BScott plans to run a tight rotation of 8-9 guys like he said.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

PPP wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You did have an idiotic coach last season, and he will still be an idiotic coach this season. Scott is not one. Both just need playing time, so I hope that Price is healthy so that he can play 15-20 mpg. It would greatly benefit the team if both are healthy enough to play their roles.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

Since Price is 50/50 on playing do you think Jordan Hill is gonna play?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:

I heard their both 'probable.' By the way, what was wrong with Hill to begin with? Was he hurt?
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:

I heard their both 'probable.' By the way, what was wrong with Hill to begin with? Was he hurt?

I think he had a neck strain
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

Did he pile too much hair on one side of his head?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:

He got elbowed in the face and had a fat lip a week ago. That's the last we saw of him.

He's fragile. I don't count on him staying healthy.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

He got elbowed in the face and had a fat lip a week ago. That's the last we saw of him.

He's fragile. I don't count on him staying healthy.

Exactly. Playing that 5 isn't going to work for Jordan. There's going to be contact, elbows, pushing/shoving, and to think he could handle that for 82 games? Isn't happening.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: