Official Ronnie Price Injury Thread: (UPDATE: Probable for Game Tonight p. 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

As a starting center I think he plays 65 games.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Unfortunately;.... Judging from some of the posts on this thread it appears that Ronnie Price is going to be one of the "whipping boys/scapegoats" if and or when things go bad for the team. SMH

Why would the 3rd stringer be blamed? Ridiculous. Ronnie Price won't have any effect on the team unless he sees significant playing time. My guess is that he is what he is--a decent 3rd stringer--BScott gives him the commensurate respect and lip service to the media but he's not stupid. Ronnie Price played because of injury in the preseason. He's gonna get some PT cuz the Lakers need bodies but when they get people back (X, Swag) he's not gonna be in the regular rotation--nor should he be. Especially if BScott plans to run a tight rotation of 8-9 guys like he said.

I'm wondering the same thing; just noting a lot of negative posts about him for no reason.
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Did he pile too much hair on one side of his head?

hahahaha, but hopefully he just slept wrong as opposed to really injuring his neck.
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:
hoping for ronnie's speedy recovery so the lakers can show its TRUE colors! purple and gold baby, starts from defense! price is right defense!

lin better be happy he's getting this chance to start, because it would've never came otherwise. sad we'll have our opening game with a sub, but the injury curse continues in the showtime nation. i just hope he doesnt take the ball away from the mamba too much... stay at the side and get out of the way and hopefully play some defense, let davis cover up for his defense liability.

will really miss ronnie, i hope he recovers enough to give us at least quality 10-15 minutes so he can show that synergistic offense with kobe and the starts, as well as gritty no non-sense defense.

Yet another joke. Lin's defense is an asset, not liability. Do your homework before posting anything. Don't just read the very biased Huston media's articles. Lin actually had better defensive stats than Beverley last season, and he even improved that during this offseason. Compared with the poor D Price was showing in the preseason games, Lin's defense is much much better than Price. Add in the fact that Price has no offense, and can't create any opportunity for his teammates, Lin just blows Price out in every single category by light-years.

Just as defensive stats said that Boozer was equal to Gibson in Chicago last year. All they tell us is that they are not a reliable method of rating players. Byron will pick who he thinks gives the team the better chance of winning, we don't need to worry about that, he won't ask us and he wouldn't pay attention to our opinions. As for Price, maybe you missed the preseason but he had 20 assists in two games, I think the idea that he can't create for others is not valid with this team. I don't care who starts or who finishes, I only want to see the team compete. There are reasons that teams don't let their fans pick their lineups, and the top reason is bias. And that is strong here.

If you had watched those so called 10 assists games, he was just passing to Sacre/Boozer at the midrange and they just happened to made those shots. That's just pure luck, and looks more like outlier than norm. In the rest of the games he played, he averaged 3 assists in about 25 minutes. That is in line with his career average when normalized to 25 minutes, so that's much more accurate number you should expect from him in the assist category.

I'm a huge Lin fan (like I am guessing you are), but Price has looked Far better to me this preseason than his career statistics have indicated. Back to back 10 assist games are no joke even if they weren't all great passes. He seems to have a good attitude as well. Maybe Priced dramatically improved from last year, but perhaps being supported by Scott and complimented by Kobe have helped him fit in and get comfortable in a hurry. Among all the positions, PG is the one position where comfort with the system impacts performance, and I credit that in significant part for Price's "peak" performance. That said, I do think Lin is the far superior player and that Price will not be able to sustain his level of play come the regular season (i.e., regular doses of double digit assist games even if given significant minutes). One other factor is the level of defensive pressure that a player attracts. Price is not given much defense pressure and is hardly ever double-teamed or trapped with the intention of trying to get the ball out of his hands (I can't remember this happening even once); Lin on the other hand is regularly trapped, resulting not only in assists but often more importantly in hockey assists, which is a shockingly unrecorded category in the NBA.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

Price now updated to doubtful for Tuesday: Clarkson will play backup 1

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan
With Nash out and Ronnie Price doubtful (bruised knee) for tomorrow's opener, the Lakers' backup point guard is rookie Jordan Clarkson.

dang. we have no backup 2 now.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Talk about being limited at SF,SG,PG. Only have Wes,Kobe,Lin,Clarkson left

At least Clarkson will be forced to play major minutes now. I'm guessing 40 minute nights for both Wes & Lin until help gets back
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Price now updated to doubtful for Tuesday: Clarkson will play backup 1

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan
With Nash out and Ronnie Price doubtful (bruised knee) for tomorrow's opener, the Lakers' backup point guard is rookie Jordan Clarkson.

dang. we have no backup 2 now.

He is a combo guard, remember... HE will play around 26-28 minutes 13-14 in each position.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'd imagine some Kobe at the 3 the next couple days. Lin at the 1 playing heavy minutes, Clarkson at the 2, and Kobe playing the 3. The less of Wes we see the better; we're really stretched thin until Price gets back.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
Today's Lakers Injury Updates: Jordan Hill went full practice. Byron said Ronnie Price is "pretty close" & they'll see how he feels tom.

Now there 'could' be a chance Price plays.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject:

automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:
hoping for ronnie's speedy recovery so the lakers can show its TRUE colors! purple and gold baby, starts from defense! price is right defense!

lin better be happy he's getting this chance to start, because it would've never came otherwise. sad we'll have our opening game with a sub, but the injury curse continues in the showtime nation. i just hope he doesnt take the ball away from the mamba too much... stay at the side and get out of the way and hopefully play some defense, let davis cover up for his defense liability.

will really miss ronnie, i hope he recovers enough to give us at least quality 10-15 minutes so he can show that synergistic offense with kobe and the starts, as well as gritty no non-sense defense.

Yet another joke. Lin's defense is an asset, not liability. Do your homework before posting anything. Don't just read the very biased Huston media's articles. Lin actually had better defensive stats than Beverley last season, and he even improved that during this offseason. Compared with the poor D Price was showing in the preseason games, Lin's defense is much much better than Price. Add in the fact that Price has no offense, and can't create any opportunity for his teammates, Lin just blows Price out in every single category by light-years.

Just as defensive stats said that Boozer was equal to Gibson in Chicago last year. All they tell us is that they are not a reliable method of rating players. Byron will pick who he thinks gives the team the better chance of winning, we don't need to worry about that, he won't ask us and he wouldn't pay attention to our opinions. As for Price, maybe you missed the preseason but he had 20 assists in two games, I think the idea that he can't create for others is not valid with this team. I don't care who starts or who finishes, I only want to see the team compete. There are reasons that teams don't let their fans pick their lineups, and the top reason is bias. And that is strong here.

If you had watched those so called 10 assists games, he was just passing to Sacre/Boozer at the midrange and they just happened to made those shots. That's just pure luck, and looks more like outlier than norm. In the rest of the games he played, he averaged 3 assists in about 25 minutes. That is in line with his career average when normalized to 25 minutes, so that's much more accurate number you should expect from him in the assist category.

I'm a huge Lin fan (like I am guessing you are), but Price has looked Far better to me this preseason than his career statistics have indicated. Back to back 10 assist games are no joke even if they weren't all great passes. He seems to have a good attitude as well. Maybe Priced dramatically improved from last year, but perhaps being supported by Scott and complimented by Kobe have helped him fit in and get comfortable in a hurry. Among all the positions, PG is the one position where comfort with the system impacts performance, and I credit that in significant part for Price's "peak" performance. That said, I do think Lin is the far superior player and that Price will not be able to sustain his level of play come the regular season (i.e., regular doses of double digit assist games even if given significant minutes). One other factor is the level of defensive pressure that a player attracts. Price is not given much defense pressure and is hardly ever double-teamed or trapped with the intention of trying to get the ball out of his hands (I can't remember this happening even once); Lin on the other hand is regularly trapped, resulting not only in assists but often more importantly in hockey assists, which is a shockingly unrecorded category in the NBA.

Exactly, the age old tradition of tearing one player down to build up another. Some posters here would make great writes for ESPN (and that isn't a compliment). We are all supposedly Laker fans here, can't we be happy that Lin and Price have looked good so far?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Good news. That looks more promising. They'll probably see how he reacts tomorrow, and if he reports no setbacks, I'd imagine he'll cleared to go.
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

Agreed, no need to trivialize Ronnie Price's game to further Lin's. We all know what Lin is capable is doing and that he is obviously the better PG. However, his ball handling skills are still suspect especially when he gets trapped. He struggles mightily with the double-team and alot of teams jump on that weakness of his.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan: With Nash out and Ronnie Price doubtful (bruised knee) for tomorrow's opener, the Lakers' backup point guard is rookie Jordan Clarkson.
HobKobLin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan: With Nash out and Ronnie Price doubtful (bruised knee) for tomorrow's opener, the Lakers' backup point guard is rookie Jordan Clarkson.

Ugh - how many players will we have available - 9??
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

So Price was downgraded from probable to doubtful? Dang.
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Firelord_Rag wrote:
automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

Agreed, no need to trivialize Ronnie Price's game to further Lin's. We all know what Lin is capable is doing and that he is obviously the better PG. However, his ball handling skills are still suspect especially when he gets trapped. He struggles mightily with the double-team and alot of teams jump on that weakness of his.

I actually think that this "weakness" for Lin is more media-driven and overblown. If you look at his turnovers, they have consistently gone down year over year. Lin's "problem" is that he continues to try to make a good play in spite of defensive pressure and waits for his teammates to follow the game plan and continue to play hard, cutting to the right positions on the court when he is indeed trapped. When you are surrounded by rookies and players who are frankly "so-so" mentally, however, sometimes they just stand there or move to the wrong spot. In games during which Lin's teammates actually execute the game plan and cut to the right places, Lin's turnovers go down dramatically because he makes good reads. That is why Lin, for all his individual athleticism, plays substantially better on better teams.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

automatic wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

I actually think that this "weakness" for Lin is more media-driven and overblown. If you look at his turnovers, they have consistently gone down year over year. Lin's "problem" is that he continues to try to make a good play in spite of defensive pressure and waits for his teammates to follow the game plan and continue to play hard, cutting to the right positions on the court when he is indeed trapped. When you are surrounded by rookies and players who are frankly "so-so" mentally, however, sometimes they just stand there or move to the wrong spot. In games during which Lin's teammates actually execute the game plan and cut to the right places, Lin's turnovers go down dramatically because he makes good reads. That is why Lin, for all his individual athleticism, plays substantially better on better teams.

so the media and team mates are always the problem?
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

we don't need price to rush back tomorrow. jeremy and chuckerson can hold it down and play as much as needed. but it sure would be nice if price could give about 10-15 minutes on the wednesday back to back.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

automatic wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

it's better for the team's overall outcome if jeremy has 6 turnovers and has more than 12 FGAs and 6 FTAs than if he has 2 turnovers and 3 FGAs and 2 FTAs. When he is attacking and aggressive is when he is helping the team. there's only two guys on the lakers who can COLLAPSE a defense and force the other team to send multiple defenders in his path--thus opening up everyone else for open/easy baskets. kobe and jeremy. when jeremy is collapsing the defense, yes, he turns the ball over more, but he's also beating you and making you leave other NBA quality players wide open--and as we've seen in the past and this preseason, you don't even need to surround him with GREAT players to have success.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
automatic wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

Not what I'm saying at all. Lin's TO rate is of course his responsibility, but IMO it is fixable strategically if so desired due to being part of a high risk - high reward game. If Lin were to "settle" for ok-good looks as opposed to trying to get great looks, he can get shots up before certain traps and double-teams materialize, but he rarely elects a semi-good look shot early in the shot clock. This is true for any point guard. Through his career, Lin's assists for dunks (the most valuable type of assist) and 3-pointers (which are worth more than 2-pointers but only count as one) have been well above average, which goes to show that he looks to probe for the best shot, which sometimes gets him in trouble, especially when he is not fully in sync with his teammates.
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
automatic wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

it's better for the team's overall outcome if jeremy has 6 turnovers and has more than 12 FGAs and 6 FTAs than if he has 2 turnovers and 3 FGAs and 2 FTAs. When he is attacking and aggressive is when he is helping the team. there's only two guys on the lakers who can COLLAPSE a defense and force the other team to send multiple defenders in his path--thus opening up everyone else for open/easy baskets. kobe and jeremy. when jeremy is collapsing the defense, yes, he turns the ball over more, but he's also beating you and making you leave other NBA quality players wide open--and as we've seen in the past and this preseason, you don't even need to surround him with GREAT players to have success.

This is true. During Linsanity, when Lin's turnovers were off the charts (as in super high), it turns out that his team's total turnovers actually went down.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

automatic wrote:
pio2u wrote:
automatic wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
automatic wrote:
K76154 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
K76154 wrote:
sammo wrote:

Not what I'm saying at all. Lin's TO rate is of course his responsibility, but IMO it is fixable strategically if so desired due to being part of a high risk - high reward game. If Lin were to "settle" for ok-good looks as opposed to trying to get great looks, he can get shots up before certain traps and double-teams materialize, but he rarely elects a semi-good look shot early in the shot clock. This is true for any point guard. Through his career, Lin's assists for dunks (the most valuable type of assist) and 3-pointers (which are worth more than 2-pointers but only count as one) have been well above average, which goes to show that he looks to probe for the best shot, which sometimes gets him in trouble, especially when he is not fully in sync with his teammates.

I always pull for the underdog that's why I've been a J-Lin fan from the Linsanity days. I just don't want anyone to have unrealistic expectations early on for him and the team. It will take time for everyone, including R. Price, to find their way to help the team. He is a very important part of this team; I love his passion and team spirit. Houston's loss is definitely our gain.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject:

automatic wrote:

This is true. During Linsanity, when Lin's turnovers were off the charts (as in super high), it turns out that his team's total turnovers actually went down.

Interesting stat.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject:

If Ronnie is that hurt then i say we rest him until hes 100%, Lets not rush him to play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: